Gransnet forums

Chat

Lovely thing to say

(130 Posts)
Scribbles Wed 29-Jul-20 15:20:36

I was talking to some neighbours this morning. They're just back from a visit to relations on the south coast and were telling me about their trip. Jenny* asked about my trip to Richmond 3 weeks ago. I said I'd enjoyed it but, all the same, was glad to be home.
"Well, I should think so," she said, "this is such a lovely, friendly house, it must be really good to come home to."

That's one of the nicest things that anyone's ever said to me! I've always hoped my home might strike other people that way but have never had any certainty.

* not her real name.

Scentia Tue 04-Aug-20 06:09:20

Oh what a lovely thread this is.
I work all over the midlands in children’s homes and I have been told more than once that when I walk in I bring a “calm yet joyous” vibe in with me. I was very pleased with that. Mawb. My house is like a show house and I am not that welcoming with visitors neither except my family as I grew up in a very messy cluttered house with people who, sometimes, no one seemed to know, waltzed in and out as they pleased. My DSiS is the same as me?

MellowYellow Tue 04-Aug-20 06:43:36

Yesterday my 4 year old granddaughter said, 'I like you more than Mummy, Nana, cos you let me be messy.' She has the loveliest mum, but I let her mix flour and water and paint and oats and lentils and anything else in the cupboards in a big bowl and sometimes it gets on the kitchen floor.

shetag Tue 11-Aug-20 16:50:23

The nicest thing anyone has said to me.....I was working in a home with dementia/alzheimer's clients.
One of the ladies I was working with told me (randomly) one day that I was a kind, beautiful, loving person and not to let anyone tell me otherwise. It was so touching that someone with such a horrible disease took the time to tell me that.
Sadly, next time I went into the home to work with her, she had passed away.

CanadianGran Wed 12-Aug-20 06:48:57

What a fantastic thread this is!

At an event with dancing, we were told by more than one person that they loved to watch us dance. Since neither my DH or I are fantastic dancers, I imagine the fun we have shines through. I remember being a teenager as a guest at a wedding and watching the older couples dancing and thinking "I want to be like them some day." Lucky me!

Also, years ago I worked as a bank teller (in my early 20's). After counting out his money, an elderly man complemented me on my lovely hands. That stayed with me.