Gransnet forums

Chat

A rude awakening.

(9 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Sat 01-Aug-20 12:41:38

agnurse

I didn't see it but one of my old Girl Guide leaders reportedly did a face plant into a bowl of spaghetti when she fell asleep at camp!

Oh god...grinX

agnurse Sat 01-Aug-20 06:28:40

I didn't see it but one of my old Girl Guide leaders reportedly did a face plant into a bowl of spaghetti when she fell asleep at camp!

FlyingHandbag Fri 31-Jul-20 23:29:56

Luckily I didn't do it this morning, although that's possibly because I didn't have Weetabix (what did I have though?) and I didn't do it with the porridge i've just eaten! X

Freyer Fri 31-Jul-20 16:54:25

More than once propped up in bed with bedtime cuppa have dozed, twitched and soaked nightie, bed and pillows and on one occasion the whippet who was having a cuddle. I try to remember now to stand the mug down between mouthfulls. Not allways successfully.

harrigran Fri 31-Jul-20 16:40:21

Fell asleep on the settee with a mug of coffee in my hand, spoilt my clothes and the settee. I had just come out of hospital and was groggy, I am usually very careful. It does give you a shock when it happens.

DiscoGran Fri 31-Jul-20 15:47:59

Weetabix has the same effect on me, Flying, if you know what I mean. ?

FlyingHandbag Thu 30-Jul-20 23:55:58

welbeck

at least it wasn't hot tea.
a careworker i know has to do extra laundry because her bed-bound client frequently drops off holding a cup.
she tries to stand over her and urges her to drink it, but she can't be there all the time, and doesn't want to be overbearing.
could you try to eat at table, or use a tray if in bed/chair.
it happens to lots of people. esp with some medication.
take care FH.

It was such a jolt though... I almost ? myselfgrinX

welbeck Thu 30-Jul-20 23:34:57

at least it wasn't hot tea.
a careworker i know has to do extra laundry because her bed-bound client frequently drops off holding a cup.
she tries to stand over her and urges her to drink it, but she can't be there all the time, and doesn't want to be overbearing.
could you try to eat at table, or use a tray if in bed/chair.
it happens to lots of people. esp with some medication.
take care FH.

FlyingHandbag Thu 30-Jul-20 23:27:07

Hi all,
This morning I had Weetabix for breakfast and nodded off holding the bowl -that by that time was mostly milk with a small amount of Weetabix debris floating in it- and had a rude awakening when the cold milk soaked into my nightie!

Have you ever experienced this? X