Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-Jul-20 06:13:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a warm sunny day here in Brackley this morning , my usual shop .
Some final things to sort prior to break after tomorrows posting to do .
Otherwise take care ,
Mick

Roses Fri 31-Jul-20 11:33:18

Very best wishes to the Gillybobs,I will be thinking of you today x

Bella51 Fri 31-Jul-20 11:25:01

Good morning from a very soggy N Ireland. Marydoll we just want a little share of all the good weather everyone else is having.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 31-Jul-20 11:17:01

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate

Mick it's beautiful here, maybe too hot?
Yesterday I had GD all day. She decided to connect my garden chair (with a washing line) to provide some 'tricity' to make me big (didn't think that was necessary). She has a great imagination, but I was completely knackered by the time her mum came for her!!

CherryCezzy Fri 31-Jul-20 11:10:21

Very hot not grey!

CherryCezzy Fri 31-Jul-20 11:09:42

Good morning from a grey hot Gower.

Just popping in to say good luck to Mr gillybob, I hope it all goes well.

Thank you gillybob and Nortsat for your daily well wishes, they are much appreciated.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Feelingmyage55 Fri 31-Jul-20 10:52:08

Good morning from a sunny north of Scotland. Pottering in the garden but will pop back to see how mrgillybob is doing and will be thinking about them both today.

Mapleleaf Fri 31-Jul-20 10:50:25

Good morning from a glorious South Yorkshire. It's going to be a hot one today - but only today! Strange Summer we're having.

Will eat lunch and dinner in the garden today which will be a pleasant change.

I've done all my jobs earlier, hence the later post. Will enjoy a relaxing afternoon with a book, I think.

Thoughts to gilly and Mrgillybob. Hope all goes to plan. ?

A worry to read about more area lockdowns. This virus isn't going anywhere any time soon, I fear. Keep safe, everyone.

To all suffering illness or worry, I send kind thoughts and hope today will bring you some comfort. ?

EllanVannin Fri 31-Jul-20 10:24:38

Good Morning All x
Wonders never cease---I've got a sleeveless summer top on today grin 2nd time this year ! Beautiful out there, showered, hair washed and feet in soak ready for pedicure on my hooves.
The shore will be packed today.

Washing doing and bed changed so I haven't wasted any time.

MellowYellow, I'm only 10 minutes away from your Travel-lodge. The place itself overlooks the river, so hope the weather is kind to you.

Parky, which part of the IOM are you ? I used to know the place like the back of my hand. Late cousin lived in Onchan.

Gillybob, I'm feeling relieved for you and MrG too. Hope all goes well this afternoon, I'll be thinking of you x

Dizzie is not nice ladies. Mine was vertigo after having had a TIA and I had it for weeks. I was given anti-sickness pills but didn't take any as I never ventured far anyway. I used to lie down and turn my head from side to side by way of my own cure.

The gulls aren't half making a racket this morning. I had to turn the TV volume up earlier as they were screeching overhead. They seemed to have been unusually louder this year. Missing the crowds I expect and all the rubbish tit-bits they leave behind.

Glad the water's back on-tap Pantglas, you'll be able to have a proper wash etc.grin

Hope the weather is kind to you also Mick when you visit that lovely town. The break will do you good anyway..

Salad today instead of my usual fish and chips though I'll still make it a prawn one.

Sending healing messages to our friends and to anyone who doesn't feel too clever. x

Try and not get too overheated everyone but enjoy this glorious day whatever you do. xx

Purplepixie Fri 31-Jul-20 10:04:42

Good morning from a lovely sunny and warm East Midlands.

Stay safe and sane. X

Nannytopsy Fri 31-Jul-20 09:41:49

Greyduster I have a large packet of ladybird buttons in lots of different colours if that’s the effect you are looking for on your cardigan! DGD loved them - I am sure you would too! ?

Nannytopsy Fri 31-Jul-20 09:37:46

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Enjoy your trip to Harrogate Mick!
?for the Gillybobs today.
Enjoy your new machine Susan - I am still getting used to mine.
Too hot for much today - I shall do some ironing in the cool of the sitting room then find a comfy seat in the shade and read my book.
I can finally say “hair today and gone tomorrow “ ??. Haircut day finally arrives tomorrow.
A BBQ tonight I think- make the most of the warm evening.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Auntieflo Fri 31-Jul-20 09:33:38

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all, from a quite hot already, bit of Berks.
Fingers well and truly crossed for MrGillybob today.

From what I've read so far, a lot of you seem to have made plans for a relaxing day. I hope to do the same, and have some sewing to finish. Started yesterday, and it's one of those jobs you really wonder why on earth am I doing this?

Made an appointment yesterday to have a knee X-ray , next week. I am sure I will need another replacement .

Have a good day one and all.

Kalu Fri 31-Jul-20 09:28:42

Good morning all from a hazy, warm Perthshire where I am enjoying my espresso al fresco watching the swallows dip into the water. The swan is giving her two cygnets flying lessons and their attempts are so comical, lots of of wing flapping but going nowhere.

Such a shame those of you in England are having to go into lockdown again because of others who forget the virus is still out there and selfishly only think of themselves.

A day of relaxing and pottering about for us to look forward to.

Have a pleasant day all and good luck to Mr gillybob ?

Susan56 Fri 31-Jul-20 09:24:43

Good morning from Shropshire.It is forecast to be a scorcher today,there is a breeze at the moment so hopefully won’t get too hot.

I am waiting for delivery of my new sewing machine.I haven’t done any sewing for years but am really looking forward to it.
First thing I will make is cushion covers.We have three windows in our bedroom so have one spare curtain so will hopefully make it into a couple of cushion covers.

Will be thinking of you and Mr gilly today gilly.Sending so many good wishes your way.Having Evie today will be such a good help and so glad your DGS gets to go on his football camp.

Hope you are starting to feel better after your treatment Marydoll.

Sending good wishes to all and ? to our absent good morningers.

Gelisajams Fri 31-Jul-20 09:05:23

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it promises to feel very hot after the cool of Shetland. Had a good trip back and slept well last night. In fact I’ve not been awake long.
Need to get a wiggle on as I’ve got everyone’s grass to cut before it becomes a hay meadow.
Thinking of Mr G and Gilly Glad she has little Evie with her to take her mind off things while she is waiting.
Enjoy your break Mick

BladeAnnie Fri 31-Jul-20 08:54:28

Good morning all from a bright and sunny mid-Notts - already too hot for me!! I think I'll have the air-con unit on and a few hours knitting. I need to change the bedding and take the shower curtain down for a wash but apart from that a quiet day in the cool of our living room. Marydoll be sure you take things steady and all the best to Mr Gillybob for later. Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

harrigran Fri 31-Jul-20 08:50:31

Good morning from a sunny and already warm NE.
Click and collect at 10am, only missing items are toilet rolls and vine tomatoes with flavour. I wanted to make a red onion and tomato salad for lunch in the garden.
Spent the last two days in the study sorting paperwork so will be glad of some fresh air.
Brilliant news that Mr gillybob's operation is going ahead.
Lovely to hear that your DGS gets to go to his football camp too, hope he has a great time.
Take care everyone, it is going to be a scorcher.

Anniebach Fri 31-Jul-20 08:50:31

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

grandMattie Fri 31-Jul-20 08:46:54

Marydoll, fortunately my labyrinthitis is much milder. I just get hideously dizzy. Lying horizontally is not flat enough.
Dr. said that for some people it is just one episode m for others not. Unfortunately, I’m one of those who is visited “sometimes”... Heat doesn’t help much.

Grammaretto Fri 31-Jul-20 08:35:13

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Sun's up!!
I'll be thinking of the Gillybobs today.
Shame about the new lockdowns but if lives are saved it is surely worth the disappointment.
Now how to make the most of our one day of Summer......
Strawberries and icecream.

Parky Fri 31-Jul-20 08:29:50

Good morning from a wall to wall grey isle of man. Beginning to think everywhere else is bathed in sunshine. Enjoy the sun everyone. Was going to put washing out, but don't think it will dry!

Froglady Fri 31-Jul-20 08:28:04

Serendipity22

Goooooood morning from Yorkshire and yes, we are in flippin lockdown again .

The sun is out and sending vibes of happiness around the house and then I remember the word lockdown.

Meant to go to an elderly friends house today to do cleaning but obviously now that is a no, no.

Apart from that I hope everyone has a lovely sunny day smile

Sorry to hear your news about lockdown again, same here as well. Just so depressing.

gillybob Fri 31-Jul-20 08:20:50

A quick Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start to Friday .

We had the call yesterday to say DH’s operation is going ahead but he is down for afternoon surgery and they are staggering the admissions so everyone will have the least amount of waiting time . We have to be there for 11am and his op is down for 1pm .

I’m not allowed to wait with him or visit later I just have to wait for a telephone call . I’m picking little Evie up at lunch time for a few hours which will be a welcome distraction .

Thank you everyone for your prayers and good wishes . I can’t believe this day has finally arrived .

Between us we managed to get the money together for my DGS’s football camp in August so there was one little boy with a huge smile ? on his face yesterday .

Thinking as ever of our missing friends dragonfly, CherryCezzy and BlueSapphire and hoping to see them back here again very soon.

So sorry to hear about your attack of labyrinthitis grandMattie I can totally sympathise . I have very similar attacks every now and then due to my MS and they knock my physically sick . I just want to lie in a dark room and feel like I need to hang onto the bed for grim death . Truly horrible And they leave me felling like I’ve been through a spin dryer ! I do hope you feel better today .

Have a good trip Mick and anyone else with exciting plans .

Let’s hope Friday is good to us today . Love Gillybob xx

MellowYellow Fri 31-Jul-20 08:20:30

Morning everyone from a baking hot south Cornwall. No air moving, so fans will be on today. Booked the Travelodge in New Brighton so I can visit my daughter on the Wirral at the end of next month, hopefully... And visit Liverpool which I miss so much. Today a sweet 4 year old will be with me, instead of going to the beach with her mum and brother. I asked her why she likes coming here and she said, 'Because it's quiet Nana.' Bless. A good, peaceful or exciting day to you all, whatever you're doing, whatever you're facing.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 31-Jul-20 08:13:15

Good morning Mick and all

Hope you can still get away Mick

Blue sky and hot here in S E Essex.
My eldest GS is 12 today it only seems like yesterday he was born, we shall be seeing him tomorrow ?

I am off to the gym for one and a half hours of —torture— exercise then I shall be in the garden.

I feel for those who have gone into lockdown again, but if it keeps them and us safe so be it. I do think it’s a timely reminder that the virus is not going anywhere.

Hope Mrgillybob has his operation today and all is well ?

Have a fabulous Friday, keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️