Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Sunday

(57 Posts)
grandMattie Sun 02-Aug-20 06:22:55

Good morning from a bright, already warm E Kent.
Don’t know if I qualify as “regular” but thought I would start the thread as I have been up for an hour now.
Not a lot again today. Shall watch the church service streamed from Bristol where DD is a vicar, rather than go to my local church. When we went, we came home frightened and anxious. Not at all what we looked for! We’ve decided to leave attending for a while.
Got a piece of beef to roast with all the trimmings. DS1 gets no beef in India, obvs, + he has spent the last week with DD who is vegetarian!
Have the best day possible everyone. X

brook2704 Sun 02-Aug-20 13:11:53

Aww gwenisgreat how lovely and kind of you that you met up with mick!
If I’m ever again in Harrogate I know who to call ! ?

EllanVannin Sun 02-Aug-20 11:59:23

How lovely to have met Mick, Gwenisgreat and so glad to learn that he also has the good weather there too.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 02-Aug-20 11:42:33

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate
Yesterday DH and I met up with Mick (normally starts the Good Morning thread). It was nice to see the face we so often chat with. Anyone else coming to Harrogate can message me to meet up? I don't charge Betty's prices, but the service is probably not quite as good!!

Kalu Sun 02-Aug-20 11:36:46

Good morning all. Back home in Glasgow to a brightish dry day.

Feeling quite refreshed after our stay at the butt n ben and delighted to be able to, again, go back and forth now it is safe to do so. A leisurely day ahead pottering about and should I manage a coffee al fresco, all the better.

Welcome Medi. Enjoy your coffee and a look around.

BladeAnnie Sun 02-Aug-20 11:08:15

Good morning - I've already written a post and somehow deleted it!! So I'll try again!! A warm and overcast day in mid-Notts much the same as yesterday with the sun trying to peep through. Mr BA still on with his windows - I'm on hand to hold this, pass me that etc etc. So have a cuppa and my book sitting at the kitchen table while he is up the ladder (our kitchen is on the first floor). Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

Pantglas2 Sun 02-Aug-20 11:04:11

Welcome Medievalist1066 to this lovely thread - I’m normally up in North Wales ??????? but have decamped to mi casa in Spain ?? for a few months!

Nannytopsy Sun 02-Aug-20 11:02:07

Morning Medievalist and welcome!
Gillgran it isn’t very short - layered chin length bob with a fringe but it’s in a straight line all the way round!! IYSWIM I hate feathery bits ?

Medievalist1066 Sun 02-Aug-20 10:40:22

Good morning from a sunny, but a windy and showery South Wales coast.

Newbie here, so going to have a look around the forum and drink my coffee smile

Grandmafrench Sun 02-Aug-20 10:28:08

gillgran - on the one hand I’m pleased my memory isn’t faulty and confused your news completely with georgesgran, but since she has also had a poorly DH., maybe I can be forgiven for the confusing messages. To you, this morning, lovely news that your DH is recovering well (that should give the gillybobs a boost) and that he and his special GD were able to have some fun in the sea! Have a lovely Sunday and maybe get back soon to your little home on the coast. X

gillgran Sun 02-Aug-20 10:19:36

I have no idea how my last paragraph landed up at the end of my message, (instead of in the middle where I typed it)..??!!

gillgran Sun 02-Aug-20 10:17:26

Good Morning to you all from a bright, sunny, very warm Cambs.,
Thank you for opening grandMattie, I hope Mick is enjoying his break.

We got back home yesterday, after a few days at our little "home-from-home" on the Norfolk coast, (we had to go as we had a gas delivery). We took our 11 yr. old "special" DGD with us for the first time this year. She had a lovely time in the sea with grandad, lots of bike/scooter/triker riding on our plot.

Grandmafrench, my DH (see grandad, above!), is now recovering well since his operation a month ago. so his first"play" with DGD in the sea was good, he's not quite ready for the bike rides..!! )
MrGillybob will understand..! Thinking of the gillybobs, & wishing you both well.

All good health to Marydoll, & all others with problems, flowers.

Take Care Folks.

Our workmen haven't yet finished replacing the guttering here. So tomorrow I am going to visit my hairdresser, (she usually comes to me), first cut since Feb.,..!!
Nannytopsy, pleased you've got your hair trimmed, how short have you gone?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 02-Aug-20 10:04:23

Morning all from an already warm South Notts, I'm feeling a little weary although I've only just got up. Well, I got most of the ironing out of the way (is there a worse job during this heat?) and I don't think I'll be doing much else today except the weekly shop and maybe a little drive.

Hope all is well with everyone especially those with illness or worries.

Grandmafrench Sun 02-Aug-20 09:46:59

Good Morning everyone. Another fine, hot, blue and breezy morning in the S of ??. Wishing you some cooling air in your cauldron Urms and with your cauldron (?) Pants. No energetic plans for us today - hot enough to abandon any activities except for reading, ins and outs of the pool, and listening to the birds. Too hot to eat outside so will take advantage of some air conditioned comfort to snack and definitely for our supper, which today will be lamb with garlic and (some of our neighbour’s) fresh rosemary and our own mint sauce for DH, little sauté potatoes and lots of veggies. Don’t often have a roast on Sunday but today will be an exception.

Great to hear that family meet ups are back in fashion - for all those who can - and some are out and about. Loved both Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman, NanKate but BR was spoiled a little for me by the Freddie Mercury character looking like too much of a caricature....those teeth finally got to me in the end! ? Three Billboards? Nortstat. Wow, I so loved that film - and what fine acting.

Georgesgran so sorry for clearly getting you confused with gillgran. Hope that life and your DH’s health now starts to be on the up! How you’ve both struggled. Sending you all the best. Cornergran really hope you feel better today and, soon, less washed out. Doubtless it’s a family phone call that’s distressed you. They’re the worst, but try to be kind to yourself and stay rational until you feel better. What it is they say? Don’t worry about stuff you definitely cannot change. Although it’s often impossible to do that, it’s still the best advice and hopefully stops you being worn down by it all. Pottering in your garden will have a much better effect on your well-being!

Mellow have to say your little GD has a brilliant sense to humour ?

Early days yet for Mr bobs but good to know that he is up and on the move a little. Hopefully after an even worse than usual start to your day with traffic and timetables and life’s (!&&$@ nonsense, your day tomorrow will improve, gilly and your DH will start to benefit from the surgery and heal quickly. You so need him back in action - running your empire on your own is definitely short on fun, I’m sure you’d agree. Good luck with it all. Get him better and then face life again stronger with two !

Everyone struggling - sending you the best and fond wishes for a good day today. If you’re out and about, please take care and keep safe. Hugs x ????

EllanVannin Sun 02-Aug-20 09:40:30

Good Morning All x.
Blustery, cloudy and showery here in the Mersey Estuary. Only 18 degrees for us today I think, so that calls for the wearing of a jumper grin What am I like ?

I've been writing down the recipe etc. for the onion marmalade as it sounds delicious to have with cold meat etc.
I miss mum's lovely chutney's of all flavours.

2 Welsh lamb steaks for me today with fresh garden peas and little chats-----I'll need about 50 grin not greedy---just like a lot. Mint sauce to make. Galia melon chunks for afters.

Greyduster, grated apple is what I have if the tum is upset ( runs ) it acts as a "cleanser" in that area.

Hope the weather is kind to Mick as Harrogate is lovely when you have the sun. I also hope he has time to visit Ripon cathedral which is spectacular. I've lost count of all the church's/ cathedrals everywhere my friend and I used to visit and leave our names in all the visitors books, home and abroad.

Warm in Spain I notice, we're lucky to get half that temperature with winds from the Atlantic. Anything under 25 degrees and I wear a jumper. I feel so different in 30 degrees, happier and healthier.

I hope the Gillybob's had a good night, particularly MrG, as there's nothing like a good night's sleep for wellness. x

Thoughts to those with upsets of sorts and to our missing friends and hope things improve for you.
Everyone enjoy the day xx

MellowYellow Sun 02-Aug-20 09:37:54

Thank you all, for hair comments! Her mother is a hairdresser, and a very good one! The budding hair stylist has a lot to learn ha ha. Thanks also for the scam info. I've just contacted my bank and that's sorted. I love this thread and the warmth and help from it. Aw......

Megs36 Sun 02-Aug-20 09:36:31

Morning all.
Glad your ‘boy’ is home, * gillybob*hope the catheter will be out soon. My husband had one for several weeks after his ‘experience’ last year, got really adept at changing the bag, great relief after it was removed and no real after effects. Best of luck now and to you with your own health problems.

gillybob Sun 02-Aug-20 09:09:37

So sorry about the gobbledygook MellowYellow . Should have read “straight onto the bank” and fraudsters not fraud stares . Grrrr

gillybob Sun 02-Aug-20 09:06:34

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a fine start to Sunday . I have a wash just about finished that I hope I will get dried outside today .

Thank you for opening this morning GrandMattie of course you are a regular confused I hope Mick has a lovely break in Harrogate. At least the weather should be better than his last visit when if I recall correctly, it lashed down the whole time .

You need to get straight into the bank MellowYellow as fraud stares often start by taking a very small amount just to prove they can then move up a notch by taking a much larger amount . Love the hairstyle btw grin

I had little Evie Button again yesterday afternoon (well until after 7pm) as DD had another rotten shift at work . I’m sure they are just giving her the cr*p. We had the best fun playing with water in the garden again (her latest favourite activity) and all my pots are well and truly watered .

DH just pottered around yesterday. He said sitting down was very uncomfortable so he had to kind of hover to eat his meals which isn’t ideal . He’s in a fair bit of pain and the catheter is driving him mad as he is still getting the constant urge to go to the loo (which happened last time ) . He was up and down a lot during the night again so I think it will be a late start for him today . We are at the hospital for 9am again tomorrow which is the worst possible appointment time to get into the city centre from here. I will no doubt have a very long wait in the car park .

Thinking as usual of our missing friends and those feeling poorly or under the weather especially dragonfly CherryCezzy and BlueSapphire . Hoping Marydoll is starting to feel the benefit of her treatment too.

Have a good Sunday everyone . I hope today is kind to us all .

Love Gillybob xx

harrigran Sun 02-Aug-20 09:01:47

Good morning from the NE where it is now dry after overnight rain.
Better night for both of us until rudely awakened by a tree surgeon at the next door property, who starts work at 8am on a Sunday ?
Three venues, within a mile of us, have been closed due to a covidiot. He was waiting for the results of a test and decided to have a night out with the lads. He now has the virus and that means that everyone he was with and the taxis they used.
Hope Mr gillybob is recovering.

Gelisajams Sun 02-Aug-20 08:58:56

Good morning from a wet Morecambe Bay. It needs to dry up because I’ve got more gardening here before I start on everyone else’s next week.
Zoom church and a bit of exercise first. Mr G did suggest attending the short service in the church but for now I think it’s Zoom.
Wishing everyone a good day especially Marydoll and the Gillys
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Grandmabatty Sun 02-Aug-20 08:51:23

Good morning All. Thanks to grandmattie for getting us going and mick I hope you are having a good time. pantglas I couldn't cope in those temperatures without air con! grey duster poor you! Mum's remedy was dry toast and flat lemonade. I had a lovely catch up with family at my daughter's last night. We had takeaway pizza and a couple of hours of good chat. My son and his partner and her daughter are off to North Wales for a week. I hope they have a good time as they deserve a break. Today is a very quiet one for me. I will have to do a quick shop as I have dgs all day at my house tomorrow and will need nice things for him ?. Have a good Sunday all.

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 08:50:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nannytopsy Sun 02-Aug-20 08:44:42

Good morning Grandmattie and the rest of the team.
Gloriously sunny in Suffolk with a fresh breeze - just right for continuing the work in the garden. Roast chicken and home grown veg tonight. DH doesn’t like cold chicken, so I cut them in half and I shall roast the second half tomorrow with salad.
The haircut was a success, which is never a given with a new hairdresser, and I feel neat and tidy again.
NFKdumpling our swifts are still here - I am sitting in bed listening to them screaming overhead. They are a big flock now so this must have been a successful season for them.
God bless everyone x

NannyJan53 Sun 02-Aug-20 08:40:25

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

It was mixed yesterday, sunny one minute, belting it down with rain the next. I went over to my flat to give a clean and a once over for the tenant who collects the keys tomorrow.

Over to DD's today for a BBQ. Have to take own cutlery and plates, and she will be cleaning the downstairs loo for just our use. What a palaver, but necessary for now. They had a great time in Cardigan Bay last week, so much so they are booking for next year.

Wishing everyone a good day, with best wishes to the gillys Marydoll Dragonfly and anyone unwell or needing a hug.

Froglady Sun 02-Aug-20 08:39:08

Good Morning to jaggy64, and hope to see you here again.