Gransnet forums

Chat

Mystery

(44 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Mon 03-Aug-20 15:07:01

Yesterday I cleaned the laundry room, including washing the floor. This morning I went to put some washing in the machine and found a £1 coin in the middle of the floor - definitely not there when I finished cleaning yesterday but there when I opened the door this morning! Do I have a generous ghost? A spider who wants to pay rent? Am I walking in my sleep scattering coins as I go?

granbabies123 Tue 04-Aug-20 18:08:29

I hope that ghost comes to my house and leaves me a winning lottery ticketgrin

mrswoo Tue 04-Aug-20 18:35:47

A few years ago I was at work and realised that one of my much loved gold earrings was missing. I searched everywhere for it without any luck. About a week later i was on the way to the train station on my way to work and there was my earring sitting in the middle of the pavement. Hundreds of people - including myself on several occasions- must have walked past it. I like to think my late mum had something to do with its sudden reappearance.

crazygranny Tue 04-Aug-20 19:34:53

It's obviously lucky. Use it to buy a Thunderball ticket!

Notagranyet1234 Tue 04-Aug-20 20:01:46

I have the opposite things disappear and then magically reappear weeks later in the original place I'd looked. We call him the poltergeist and currently he must be wearing my control underwear because I'm beggared if I can find it?

DotMH1901 Tue 04-Aug-20 20:33:34

When my son was a baby we lived in a flat over a shop. To access the flat we had to walk down an alleyway that wasn't in use after the shops closed. One evening we were walking home pushing our son in his pram. I was wondering how I was going to make the last of our money stretch another week to payday when my husband looked down, gave a whoop, and bent down. When he straightened back up he had a £10 note in his hand. There was no-one around and no-one else used the entry after shop hours - where it had come from I don't know but we were able to get to the end of the month without worrying.

Naesodaft Tue 04-Aug-20 20:52:59

Pennies from heaven has a personal meaning for me. Our younger son died from cancer 25 years ago when he was 9 . On the morning of his funeral DH and I walked down to the church, on the way DH spotted a bright shiny penny on the pavement and picked it up saying it was from DS. From that day forward he would never walk past one without picking it up. DH passed away 2 and a half years ago and I constantly find pennies in all sorts of places in the house. It makes me smile to think they’re sending me reminders that they’re still with me.

Jane10 Tue 04-Aug-20 22:07:47

A lovely thought Naesodaft comforting.

Armoria Wed 05-Aug-20 08:06:37

Those into the paranormal call that 'scenting' Its quite common and it's supposed to be a departed loved one creating a smell you associate with them to let you know they are ok and still connected to you, a bit like us saying hello to someone. My Nan loved fresias and I put a spray of them on the family floral tributes at her funeral. A few weeks later I was in the car with my mother and we were driving up the motorway chatting as normal when suddenly the far was filled with the scent of friesias. I kept quiet as didn't want my mother to think I was being odd or dramatic. After about a minute my mother says 'Can you smell what I can smell?' She could smell the friesias too! So not just my mind or nose playing tricks. We drove straight to the cemetery and visited the grave and we felt very peaceful and less sad. I did not smell the friesias again until my mother was dying. I was in a bedroom at the hospital where relatives of those whose time is drawing near can go and have a rest and a nap. I'd nodded off but woke suddenly and the room was filled with the smell of friesias. I got myself together and said to my husband who was also napping that we needed to go to mother as she was about to pass. Just as we reached the door it knocked and there was a nurse who'd come to fetch us as mother was fading fast. The scent of fresias followed us all the way along the corridors until we reached the side room where mother was. I'm not a fanciful person but I like to think that my Nan had sent the smell we associated with her to say she was there to welcome her daughter when she passed and all was well. My Dad often smelt roses in their home after mother passed, sometimes his neighbour smelled it to when she popped round to say hello. There are some strange things that happen which cannot be explained but just because you can't explain them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Mamma66 Wed 05-Aug-20 09:38:23

Not money related, but I am sure we get signs. My much-loved Mother died eight years ago. On the day of her funeral her Grandfather clock which we had had since my childhood suddenly stopped and has never run since. A few months ago I had a really bad health scare. En route to A&E I was really frightened, the journey only took ten minutes. My brother was driving me there and I told him how scared I was, the next moment on the radio came the song ‘Lord of the Dance’ (not really usual Radio 2 fare) it was the hymn we had played at Mum’s funeral however. As soon as I heard it I knew I would be okay as I was convinced it was a sign from Mum

ladymuck Wed 05-Aug-20 09:40:08

At least you know it has been sterilised!

ginny Wed 05-Aug-20 12:26:53

Not ‘other worldly’ but I experienced something strange a couple of weeks ago
We were walking and I had a sudden pain on the side of my heel . We stopped for a moment and all seemed fine. When we got home later in the day, I took off my shoe and discovered that there was a fairly big blood stain inside.
Having examined my shoe and my heel I found no holes or cuts in either.

???!?

Conni7 Wed 05-Aug-20 12:58:36

I used to find £5 and £10 notes in the washing machine that my husband had left in his shirt pocket. Talk about money laundering!

LJP1 Wed 05-Aug-20 15:17:05

Flakesdayout

Did you try the loo cistern?

Good luck!

Shropshirelass Thu 06-Aug-20 08:59:26

I find them in my washing machine! I keep a couple of coins in my pockets for trolley, parking etc and if I miss them when emptying my pockets I find them all over the place. Perhaps I have a ghost too!

Oldwoman70 Thu 06-Aug-20 10:27:15

Just to give an update - no more coins! sad

Alexa Thu 06-Aug-20 11:18:42

OldWoman70, I prefer to understand it was a kindly spirit or ghost sort of entity so I will.

olliebeak Sat 08-Aug-20 11:55:55

polnan

well , some Christians say there is no such thing as coincidence....... It is God working in His mysterious ways...

I find that so.... many a time..

but why would God give you a £1 coin.

Because He knows WHAT you're 'going to need' before you know for yourself ;-).

It might be something for a 'personal need' - or, sometimes something that you need to pass on to somebody else.

boheminan Sat 08-Aug-20 12:29:35

A few months ago I was just about to leave the house and couldn't find the front door key, after searching everywhere I gave up and took 'the spare'.

The lost key didn't re-appear until weeks later, where it sat very obviously in the middle of my empty table - I can't figure out how it got there on its own, and really wonder if there is a mischievous house poltergeist playing games...