Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(60 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Aug-20 06:14:03

Good Morning Everyone ,
Looking like a dull grey start here in Brackley this morning , my usual day today using the bus services to Buckingham and then Bicester.
I cannot wait for the weekend , so I can watch some live cycling on TV , I have already watched some replays since the season restarted and although the event was from Italy you still had small clusters of spectators , social distancing of course .
Take Care ,
Mick

felice Thu 06-Aug-20 13:37:57

Good afternoon from a very hot and sunny Brussels. Into the garden with DGS this afternoon, something different haha.
I will sit under the trees with a cold Belgian beer and a large bucket of water beside me.
DGS will run up and down the garden while I throw plastic cups of water at him, his version of dodge ball, keeps him happy for ages.

Rufus2 Thu 06-Aug-20 13:12:55

so I can watch some live cycling on TV
Mick That cycling crash on TV News from the"Tour de Pologne" looked pretty "live" and painful with Fabio Jakolsen having to be put in a coma. sad
Those boys certainly go hard with their sport!
Good Health. OoRoo

Marydoll Thu 06-Aug-20 12:50:29

Nortsat, I'm sorry to hear you are still having to shield. I'm in a similar position, as I'm am immunosuppressed at the moment on top of everything else.
However, we do know it is for the best.
I won't be going anywhere anytime soon, unless its deserted, or for hospital visits. I can't even get my bloods done at GP surgery.
I don't think want to go out anyway!
Take care!

grandMattie Thu 06-Aug-20 12:38:22

georgesgran, we did see the van Taullekan programme and it frightened the pants off DH. It wasn't very well explained and I didn't think it was well balanced. I'm very cynical so take the rough with the smooth, but, hey ho...

Taichinan Thu 06-Aug-20 12:12:50

Welcome anzie. I''m down the coast from you and isn't it a gorgeous day! So sorry your plans for your Golden Wedding celebration have had to be cancelled and like you I am furious with the inconsiderate thoughtless numpties who have caused this return to lockdown. Best wishes for the happiest of days with your DH on Saturday ????

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 06-Aug-20 11:56:51

Good Morning all from cloudy Harrogate (with better things to come!)
Just now I am watching 'BabyBus' with my GD who is enjoying an ice lolly!! Today I shall be dictated to my small child, who is watching the skip (containing our old garden wall) being collected. Now next door is demanding my husband goes to see the wall on her side - she's refusing to pay anything towards it, so I assume there is something she doesn't like about it!
Watch this space!!

Gwyneth Thu 06-Aug-20 11:48:17

Morning everyone
Beautiful day here in Northumberland for a change so making the most of it and getting out into the garden. Have a great day and enjoy the ? ☀️ sunshine

Kalu Thu 06-Aug-20 11:44:06

A late good morning everyone from a much brighter day in Glasgow.

A warm welcome anzi. What a disappointment as your plans to celebrate your golden wedding anniversary have been spoiled through the selfish action of others.
Happy Birthday Scentia. Enjoy your trip to Whitby.
Delighted to hear your DH’s procédure is over at last gilly. Hope your legs behave tonight and you have a much needed sleep.
I was laughing at your late night caller Marydoll Boy, did he choose the wrong one to annoy, probably lying in a darkened room to recover. ?
Sorry to hear you have another month of shielding Nortsat Understandably disappointing for you but necessary to take care of yourself until you feel safe to enjoy going out for dinner.

Have a pleasant day all and best wishes for those having difficult times.

CherryCezzy Thu 06-Aug-20 11:26:48

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's very grey here in Gower but it is warm.

? Happy Birthday Scentia ? ?. Hope you have a fab birthday and enjoy your time in Whitby ?

Pleased to hear that Mr gillybob is now treated and home and well. Sorry to hear that you had a bad night though gillybob. I do hope it's onward and upward ? for you both now, and your business ?

Oh Marydoll sorry to hear that you are still suffering. We all want you to be well. ??? for you.

Nortsat, thank you for your daily well wishes. I'm only sorry to hear that you have been advised to shield for another month ?.

Welcome to GN Anzie ?. Sorry to hear that your big 50th anniversary celebrations have been put on hold. The most important thing though is that you and your DH celebrate 50 years of happy union together.

Thinking of dragonfly and BlueSapphire. I hope each of you are getting stronger bit by bit ??

Annsixty I wish I could take your pain away and hurry your operation up. Take gentle care of yourself ?

Stay safe one and all and be kind to yourselves ❤️

Georgesgran Thu 06-Aug-20 11:26:47

Good Morning from a bright sunny Durham. Nothing much planned for today but DD2 has another load of washing to collect. She’s having an extension and all kitchen appliances have been taken out for 8 weeks. It gives me something to do and as she’s 20 miles away, it’s almost an outing!!

DH’s Urology Appointment on Monday has been downgraded to a telephone consultation (a different hospital to Gillybob but the same City).

Just wondering if others saw the Van Tulleken brothers’ Covid programme last night?? Defo raised some serious concerns.

Have a safe day all. X

Nortsat Thu 06-Aug-20 11:00:20

Good morning Mick and the GM team from overcast east London.

I am waiting for my GP to call. My life is a social whirl.
Although shielding has officially ended, I have been advised that I need to continue for another month. I am disappointed but I understand it’s necessary.
I was entertaining hope of going out for a lovely, expensive dinner (as it’s more than 20 weeks since we’ve eaten out), but we’re going to have to wait.

Scentia, wishing you a very happy birthday and a lovely break in Whitby. ?
Welcome Anzie
Hoping Maryd and Mrgillybob have a good day. Hello to Bluesapphire, Cherry and Dragonfly. ? to those who need them. Have a good day, all ?

Grandmafrench Thu 06-Aug-20 09:30:09

Good Morning everyone.

Hot, blue, sunny - you know the weather here!

Been awake since 5.15 working out just how I was going to fly at UPS who confirmed a delivery of a special parcel from our Son, had taken place yesterday. We were in, no they never came near. They are all liars. They have probably stolen my parcel and they've even conconcted a story as to what address they left it! You know the middle of the night thoughts that crowd into the mind especially when we are angry!!!!!!!

This morning, went quite ballistic at the depot because they firstly never answered the phone, then played music whilst I laboured through a whole list of numbers to press but couldn't hear the message and then put me through to someone who seemed to be unable to manage anything other than a whisper.

The red haze was coming over me by the time the depot manager got an absolute dressing down from me. He would get the driver to phone me. Does he work for UPS? NO- oh well that explains a lot. Why would you offer a service and then farm it out to any old man with a van? What are people paying for if not the name? I said to him that before the driver phoned me he needed to get his story straight and arrange the return of my present otherwise he would next be relating it to the Police. I felt sooooo much better after that.

I still cannot get my head around living in a country where no one EVER says they're sorry.

Suffice to say that a man from the opposite end of the road found our parcel in his letterbox this morning, saw the English name and came here with it. Yay! I can now enjoy the day with my new, delayed, birthday handbag.

Have a super time Scentia and a very Happy Birthday to you. Take care on that bike.

Welcome Anzie. Congratulations. Sad for your celebrations but it does sound as if your life is already Golden - apart from Covid. So carry on and enjoy every moment, you can go mad and celebrate properly when life settles down a little.

Hurrah for the return of Mr Gillybob. Wishing you a speedy recovery now.

Have a good day all, and for those in pain or troubles - feel better and stronger very soon. (*Mary, you're even getting up to mischief in the night now! grin)

Hugs from French France x

harrigran Thu 06-Aug-20 09:29:20

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Sainsbury's click and collect this morning, email informs us that everything we ordered is available, even the 4ply loo rolls.
Both of us had dicky tummies yesterday, I am blaming the langoustine and fish soup we had the night before.
Went to message my sister yesterday and she messaged me at the same time, she is okay and coping. I dreamt that we were hiking around Windermere last night, something we used to do together when we were younger.

Happy birthday Scentia.

BladeAnnie Thu 06-Aug-20 09:25:25

Good morning all from a overcast and very warm mid-Notts. I had a lovely socially distanced coffee with my friend yesterday. It stayed fine - windy with snatches of sunshine and we both went home with very red faces - obviously more sunny than we thought!! I have a busy day by my usual standards of late- sainsbury's delivery, telephone appointment with hospital consultant the seeing DD1 and DGD. First proper meeting since March - so excited!! Welcome Anzie and hope everyone has the best day possible. Stay safe x

Taichinan Thu 06-Aug-20 09:19:27

Good morning Mick and everyone from a sunny and warm Angus coast. Busy day today as the Pest Man cometh (my days of being the farmer's wife with the carving knife are over for now) and then our little art group this afternoon. We've been meeting together now for 21 years and we actually used to paint - now we talk a good picture. Remember that lovely TV programme "Watercolour Challenge"? Well, we'll be great when they do it on radio! Now off I pop to the fruit farm to collect a few of their particularly scrumptious strawberry tarts. Have a lovely day everyone and hugs and thoughts for those in need of them today ????

GrannyGravy13 Thu 06-Aug-20 09:06:10

Good Morning Mick and all

It is grey here in S E Essex but you can feel the temperature creeping up already.

Happy Birthday Scentia ??

Welcome anzie wow Golden Anniversary congratulations ?? sorry to hear your plans have been stopped in their tracks.

We popped to the pub at the end of our road last night, it is normally buzzing as commuters pop in straight from the station it was so quiet. We were impressed with all the covid measures I had typical pub grub of scampi and chips it was scrumpy (thank you Rishi)

Not a lot going on here today, the gardener is coming in for some heavy digging, trimming and chopping. I have two deliveries arriving (allegedly)

Marydoll I expect your PM sender is regretting his actions ?

Thinking of BlueSaphire Dragonfly annsixty and any of our morning friends with troubles ???

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Anniebach Thu 06-Aug-20 08:55:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gillgran Thu 06-Aug-20 08:53:49

Good Morning to you all from an overcast, but already very warm Cambs.,

Scentia, Happy Birthday young lady! enjoy your day & your trip away.

Pleased MrGillybob got on better yesterday, hoping it's sunshine ahead for you both.

It is our LWL 's first meet up since March today, we are being cautious by having a take-your-own lunch to a socially distanced garden meeting, (us being so ancient!)

Urmstongran, what a lovely image you wrote of your life/holiday?-home.

Take Care Folks

Nannytopsy Thu 06-Aug-20 08:45:32

Welcome anzie!

Susan56 Thu 06-Aug-20 08:44:37

Welcome anzie??

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Aug-20 08:44:11

Golden!

Susan56 Thu 06-Aug-20 08:44:04

Good morning from Shropshire.We seem to be missing out on all the glorious sunshine lots of you are enjoying.

The last of our bedroom furniture has been delivered this morning and the new shower was installed yesterday so finally everything we ordered five months ago is in place?

Happy birthday Scentia?????we love North Yorkshire too,have a lovely time.

Glad yesterday went well for Mr gilly and he had a good nights rest but sorry you had a bad night gilly.Hope this is the start of Mr gilly getting stronger and fitter??

Good to see you back Lins??

Purple pixie,hope you are feeling better today?

Have a good day all and thinking of all with worries and illness.

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Aug-20 08:43:48

Sorry to read of your disrupted plans for your GoAlden wedding celebrations on Saturday, anzie. What a disappointment for you. I do hope you will be able to rearrange things soon.
Welcome to the GM thread by the way. ??

Grandmabatty Thu 06-Aug-20 08:43:35

Good morning All. It's a lovely morning here with blue skies and sunshine. It feels fairly warm too. Today I'm going to Stirling to meet an old colleague and friend for lunch. I haven't seen her since early March so I'm looking forward to it. Otherwise a little gentle pottering and hopefully the hedge trimmers will return to finish the job although I'm not holding out hopes for that. Happy birthday scentia and have a good day all.

brook2704 Thu 06-Aug-20 08:41:22

? Hi anzie and a very big welcome! Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary for Saturday and so very sorry that your beautiful celebrations and plans have all changed- what a disappointment! But I hope you and your DH still have a wonderful day together ! ❤️❤️❤️????