Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Thu 06-Aug-20 06:14:03

Good Morning Everyone ,
Looking like a dull grey start here in Brackley this morning , my usual day today using the bus services to Buckingham and then Bicester.
I cannot wait for the weekend , so I can watch some live cycling on TV , I have already watched some replays since the season restarted and although the event was from Italy you still had small clusters of spectators , social distancing of course .
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Thu 06-Aug-20 06:24:21

Good morning from an overcast E Kent.
Yesterday was hot but could have been worse had it not been for a stiff SWesterly breeze. In fact it toppled my free standing clothesline just after I had spent ages hanging 4 loads of washing ?.
This heat exhausts me. I was wiped out yesterday. I know today will be hotter, but hope I shan’t feel as bad.
Picked foliage from the quay yesterday as I’m on church flower duty this Sunday. I must have been a sight with my bum in the air as I was reaching down the quay walls to get th best bits. They’re always out of reach aren’t they?
I’ve got my t’ai chi on the grass today and shall probably pick the plums off our very little plum tree and enjoy the scent wafting around from the myrtle bush.
Have the best day ever those with troubles, especially Mr. “Gillybob”, “Marydoll” and all those in distress, both mental and physical. Stay safe.

Puzzler61 Thu 06-Aug-20 06:25:31

Good morning Mick, it’s a dull, motionless, warm start in Worcs. (Motionless applies to trees in the garden, not me!).

You are a cycling fan then Mick, did you ever cycle yourself? Do time trials and things like that? The sport has a huge following doesn’t it? It’s good to see so many young people cycling as it’s a fine hobby and excellent exercise.

DH and I are taking a drive into Herefordshire today, and will get flowers for MIL ‘s grave. She would have been 95 this weekend. (She passed away 2 years ago).

Not much else, just take it as it comes.

I wish everyone a kind day and thinking of those with health worries, or other worries, the gillybobs especially. ?

Pantglas2 Thu 06-Aug-20 06:32:13

Morning Mick from a warm Espana - will you be watching the Tour of Poland which has just started? I didn’t know there was one!

I’m titivating this morning before lunching with some ladies (or lushes as we like to think of ourselves ?) then joining t’other ‘alves at another bar later on.

Glad to hear Henry (sorry I got his name wrong) will be seen soon Susan56 and hope everyone else awaiting treatment hears good news - I know Annsixty is desperate for her hip op and is in some pain ?

Some ? for all who need it x

Scentia Thu 06-Aug-20 06:43:04

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Weather should be mighty fine today.
“Happy Birthday” to me today. I am 53 and up until I spoke to my sister last night I was convinced I was 54 today so I am more than happy this morning? not sure why my maths was so mixed up.
Off to the kennels with the pooch in a while then we are off to Whitby on the motorcycle for 4 days for my birthday treat. Whitby is my most favourite place in the world.
Hope that Mr G.Bob is feeling better and also Marydoll and any other ‘ good morningers’ who are struggling in any way shape or form are able to get through today with a smile in their hearts❤️
Take care everyone and stay safe.

Urmstongran Thu 06-Aug-20 06:47:13

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous sunny day ahead ?

In the gardens yesterday I had a dip in the pool and the deep blue sky didn’t have one bit of white cloud. It felt like another day in paradise. Cesar, our gardener, had cut the grass at 8am before it got too hot and looking out I can see he’s cutting branches off the palm trees.

I wake each morning to the sounds of the birds. Parakeets, swifts (just about gone now though - flown off to Africa I expect for the winter), wood pigeons or seagulls. This morning it’s the turn of the pigeons!

The sky is a soft pink wash over the Mediterranean this morning. It looks very pretty and as I drink my morning cuppa on the balcony I can smell the pine trees.

Hope Thursday (wot, already?) is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Pantglas2 Thu 06-Aug-20 06:47:27

Happy birthday Scentia and have a lovely time in Whitby x

Beechnut Thu 06-Aug-20 06:50:23

I shall be motionless if it’s too warm today Puzzler ?
At the moment it is very grey and wet on Severnside.

After the funeral I attended yesterday I went to see my SiL as I have not seen him since before lockdown. We had a lovely catchup and he gave me some plants. As it had been an emotional day I poured a glass of wine on my return home.

I’ve no plans for today so will potter.

Hope you all have the best day you can ?

Urmstongran Thu 06-Aug-20 06:50:30

X posts Scentia many happy returns of the day and hope you have a wonderful weekend in your favourite place. You’ll have some sunshine with you this weekend!
????

Sar53 Thu 06-Aug-20 06:51:53

Good morning from Essex by the sea. I haven't opened the blinds yet but it doesn't appear to be sunny. I believe tomorrow is going to be a scorcher.
We went out for a Rishi meal last night. A local Indian restaurant. Everything was done by the book and we had a lovely meal.
Food shopping this morning, then DH will meet up with his friends for a couple of pints and put the world to rights.
My 11 year old DGD had her ears pierced yesterday and sent me pictures. She said it didn't hurt.
Have the best day you can and stay safe xx

Beechnut Thu 06-Aug-20 06:52:21

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Scentia ?? take it steady if you go to Whitby on the motorcycle ?

Puzzler61 Thu 06-Aug-20 06:52:26

Happy Birthday to You Scentia ??????
And happy holiday too ☀️

Sar53 Thu 06-Aug-20 06:53:48

Happy birthday Scentia xx

Beechnut Thu 06-Aug-20 06:55:07

I forgot to say good morning to you all.

cornergran Thu 06-Aug-20 06:57:51

Morning Mick, morning All. A bright start to our corner of Somerset, it’s warming up here. I’ve absolutely no idea what I’ll do today. Mr C isn't himself, not ill, just not on top form, think covid restrictions are getting to him now although he’d never admit it. Will try to think of something to lift his spirits. Happy birthday Scentia, you seem very young to me smile. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, especially those getting over health issues or with heavy hearts.

grandMattie Thu 06-Aug-20 07:02:32

Happy birthday Scentia. So young! Have a lovely day. flowers

Gelisajams Thu 06-Aug-20 07:09:22

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it is cloudy but dry.
Happy birthday Scentia.
Just going to put a loaf in the bread maker . We are walking over Pen y Ghent In the Dales later after we have collected our click and collect.
Hoping when I pop back on Gilly has some good news for us.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

kittylester Thu 06-Aug-20 07:10:12

Morning all from a muggy North Leicestershire.

A pootling and faffing morning for me then a Sainsbury's Click and Collect. I had a panic yesterday when I went to finish my order and discovered that I didnt have a delivery slot booked. No idea how that happened but there were lots of Click and Collect slots for today. Phew.

Neighbours garden drinks today and then a delivered tapas as its dh's birthday tomorrow.

Many happy returns scentia. And, best wishes to all who are under the weather.

Nannytopsy Thu 06-Aug-20 07:28:57

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Happy Birthday Scentia! ?
It’s grey, still and warm in Suffolk this morning. I did more weed clearing yesterday, before it got too hot but it’s ivy and bramble roots, so hard digging and slow progress. DH built some wooden planters to go on the new fence. We have an appointment at the tip today - whoever thought that would be exciting?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Grammaretto Thu 06-Aug-20 07:34:50

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I think it's going to be a warm day. A friend for tea in the garden otherwise looking after DH who still isn't feeling better.
Happy Birthday young Scentia !
I hope MrGilly is recovering well.
It's the last week of the school holidays here and our DGD is starting in P1. She's v excited smile

NanKate Thu 06-Aug-20 07:37:11

Morning Mick and All from a cloudy but warming up South Bucks.

??Happy Birthday Scentia. I was 20 when you were born I loved my one visit to Whitby. Hope you can avoid Dracula. ?

Enjoy the cycling Mick. Still waiting for some decent tennis.

A neighbour has invited me round, plus others, for drinks tonight to thank all those who have looked after her through the pandemic. I wish I felt it was no over but I suspect not ! DH can’t come as he has TWO grocery deliveries.

?for MrGillyBob

Pittcity Thu 06-Aug-20 07:52:54

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. It's already very warm. The sun will come out and we'll have another scorcher like yesterday. It was very windy here yesterday, a hot dry wind, so I have watered my pots this morning as well as last night.
Happy birthday Scentia and love to all. "xx

brook2704 Thu 06-Aug-20 07:55:57

Good morning everyone from a warm sunny Inverness. Yesterday was cloudy but today we’ve got a lovely clear blue sky.
I slept really well last night as the DGC are back home for today as their Dad has a day off work and is looking after them. We’ve got them for the last time tomorrow before they’re back at school next week.. So today I’ll be enjoying the peace and quiet in the garden and meeting my friend for coffee in the local garden centre later.
Thinking of anyone from Aberdeen that’s gone back into lockdown. Hopefully the cluster of cases will be contained quickly and things can open up again soon.
Wishing scentia a very Happy Birthday and enjoy your weekend break in Whitby????? - stay safe on that motorbike!
Have a great day everyone and take care whatever the day brings ?

Nannytopsy Thu 06-Aug-20 07:56:21

You are right about the wind Pittcity. I am finding that everything is drying out very quickly.

Marydoll Thu 06-Aug-20 07:58:15

Good morning all, it's quite bright here in Glasgow. Thank goodness, it rained non stop here yesterday. It was relentless.

Nothing planned, I was awake for most of the night, hence my trawling of GM in the wee sma' hours. I received a scam PM in the middle of the night, from Simon, who wanted to get to know me better I did respond and I bet he wished he hadn't contacted me! ?

Scentia, have lovely day today ????, I love Whitby.

Sending best wishes to all our friends and partners who are struggling. ?
Have a good day.