Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you enter competitions , how lucky are you.

(35 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Thu 06-Aug-20 17:38:24

I love entering competitions including the gransnet ones, but despite years of end Teri game never won a bean

Bobbysgirl19 Fri 07-Aug-20 19:13:40

monk08 it must be a lovely surprise when that happens!

Chewbacca Fri 07-Aug-20 20:50:09

Like Marydoll said upthread, I won £650 of books in a GN competition grin. For weeks and weeks, my poor postman staggered up the path, loaded down with heavy hardback books. Just when I thought the last one had been delivered, a mahoosive box arrived, literally bursting at the seams, laden with more books! I kept many of them but those that didn't interest me were put on a desk at work and sold to colleagues for a donation to our local hospice. There were some truly lovely books in that prize. Thanks again GNHQ.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 07-Aug-20 21:06:55

Lots of you have won gransnet competitions well done to you all, I enter them too but never been lucky enough to win

bobble5366 Fri 21-Aug-20 16:40:27

I won £13,500 last October on a free entry radio competition !! Paid off my mortgage and all of my debts. Feels great.

I feel incredibly lucky. Besides that and Ipad, posh phone, couple of 4K televisions. It's a great hobby !!

BBbevan Fri 21-Aug-20 17:35:07

I have entered competitions all my life. Crosswords, offers, GN things, lottery etc. I won a jigsaw when I was 11 . ☹️

Calendargirl Fri 21-Aug-20 17:38:12

I won a Roberts radio and a book from GN, I was thrilled.

?

Beauregard Fri 21-Aug-20 19:37:26

Oooh GNers, you've set me off now!

Didn't even realise there were competitions on GN. I've just been entering a few since reading this thread.

I've won a few small things over the years but nothing over £100 in value.

Can't wait to get started on a few entries now !

Floradora9 Sat 22-Aug-20 18:27:05

I have been a comper since my children were in primary school . I have won holidays to Hawaii, Ibiza , Iceland and to the Christmas market in Heidelberg. I used to enter for my daughter as well and her friends used to be well impressed with all the white goods she had got for free . We won a £5,000 bed at one point and a trailer tent. I have given up in recent years as there are so many people after so few prizes. Magazines used to have prizes like cars and exotic holidays but they have really cut down . I did do well with slogan comps but they have gone too . We had so many lovely breaks in the UK as well . Do not think you are entering lots if you maybe 10 a day go up to 100 a day and you will have a better chance or enter ones that require skill .

TwiceAsNice Sun 23-Aug-20 23:17:18

A few years ago with Gransnet I won a £100 voucher for a knitting website. I had great fun choosing and got a lot of wool/patterns/ accessories for my money . Apart from the odd raffle prize I’ve never one anything else