Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Sat 08-Aug-20 06:13:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking its the start of another warm day here in Brackley , my usual trip out on the bus services to Buckingham and Bicester.
This afternoon Milan -San Remo cycle race on TV , the racing season cycling wise is all about face , this event is normally held in March .
Take Care ,
Mick

Grammaretto Sat 08-Aug-20 09:47:16

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A comfortable 19 degrees here and due to go to 21 later. That's a good 70F, old money.
Perfect day for a wedding Marydoll
It will be so lovely and the bigger party can happen later when everyone can dress up and not wear masks.
Thanks for asking after us even in the throes of your own important events.
smile flowers

I am glad to report that MrG has had some better results today after a good night he's been having industrial strength IV antiBs, insulin etc etc

I was so pleased to see your Friday girl yesterday Gillybob that made me smile. Did I miss a good story about MrGillybob? I hope so. I saw that the order is back on course.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Yiayia4 Sat 08-Aug-20 09:47:30

Just popping in to wish Marydoll a wonderful day and very best wishes to the happy couple.????

Kalu Sat 08-Aug-20 09:48:36

Good morning all from a beautiful sunny day in Glasgow. I have had my espresso in the garden whilst making a mental note of tasks for today.
A pretty pink géranium which the birds must have planted is now taking over, similarly, the ubiquitous welsh poppy so a bit of careful digging to uproot wherever I can. We have a young fox who visits often leaving a present, today’s gift was a gents shoe!

What a perfect day for a garden wedding Marydoll. Your wish to see your daughter married to this lovely man has come true. I wish them all the best for their future. Sorry to hear your DS has decided against sharing the day.

Hope Mr. gilly and Mr. Grammaretto are recovering well.

Best wishes for a pleasant day to all.

annsixty Sat 08-Aug-20 09:49:38

Good morning all.
Just popped in to wish the very happiest of days to Marydoll and the bridal couple.
They are so sensible to do what they are doing and will have a wonderful celebration when the time is right.

Best wishes to everyone else, have a lovely sunny day.

JenniferEccles Sat 08-Aug-20 09:51:58

Another one here wanting to send my very best wishes to you Marydoll for your daughter’s wedding.

I think it sounds absolutely lovely- a small intimate wedding and in your own garden!

I am lucky enough to have been invited to a couple of very small weddings over the years and they were just lovely.

Under the current circumstances it’s completely right but even in normal’ times I have never seen the sense in spending around £40,000, which I read is average, on a wedding.

It would be far better to put that sum towards a deposit for a house surely?

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Kalu Sat 08-Aug-20 09:53:22

Pleased to hear Mr.G is making such good progress. What a relief for you both Grammaretto ?

gillgran Sat 08-Aug-20 10:05:55

Good Morning to you all from another very hot, humid day in Cambs.,

Marydoll, "bright blessings" to you & your family on this special day, flowers.

Happy Golden anniversary to Anzies
It is our DS & DIL's 22nd wedding anniversary today.

Only just caught up with some of the news on here, sorry Grammaretto hope your DH makes a good recovery.

I'm always surprised to read on here that lots of you are ironing, even in this heatwave, ( I do have an iron, I may look for it during the winter..!! )

Take Care Folks

Taichinan Sat 08-Aug-20 10:25:31

Good morning Mick and all from a rather cloudy and a bit cooler today Angus coast. I can't stand too much heat these days - an age thing? - so I'm happy if the sun shines through and the wind doesn't blow. Marydoll what a wonderful surprise you kept for us all! My love and best wishes to the beautiful bride and her perfect groom, and I'm so glad the sun is shining. I know you will enjoy every moment of the day and not allow your son's absence to spoil a second. You're such a lovely, sparky brave lady ????? and every other emoji you can think of. A lovely time here over the past two days - garden art group get-together with giant strawberry tarts from the fruit farm, and then tai chi on the lawn with a coffee/chat break (and strawberry tarts of course) between sets, and all in lovely warm sunshine.
It's so lovely to BE with people around again after those lonely months of lockdown ??. Today my lovely gardener man is here. He doesn't enjoy the little things of gardening so much, but any big job and he's in his element. Today we're talking slab laying and re-laying and he's bounced away as happy as a sandboy!
Have a lovely day everyone, or at least as good as is possible in whatever your circumstances, and let's all send our thoughts to bless Marydoll and her family at her sunny garden wedding xxx ?

Grandmafrench Sat 08-Aug-20 10:36:59

Good Morning everyone.

I guessed right! Congratulations to the happy couple. Every happiness to your "baby girl", Marydoll on such a special occasion and well done her for bagging herself such a lovely kind Husband.

I can understand your Son's worries and fears about you but I can also see that sometimes we have to voice all our concerns and then remember to respect the feelings of others on the subject. He should be able to see how much you want this and to see his Sister happy. Sometimes you can't expect to control all of it, however you feel. I'm sure he's already regretting causing you such sadness, but I know you'll get past it and be determined to enjoy the day with the rest of your family, a fabulous new dress and those well-concealed big girl pants.

Just keep well away from the Celebrant and put on your glad rags and have a ball.....it's been a long time coming!

Kalu how many stories are there like that? What is it about foxes and shoes?!

Anyone here in pain or struggling, sending you wishes for hope and strength.

May your garden soon be sorted, Froglady - how kind you are with those books! Hope Mr Grammaretto is doing well; ditto Mr Gillybob. Hope your hip pain responds to some more kindness, Mellow and that all those away from home are having the best time on their much-needed breaks. Avoid the traffic jams and crowds if you can. Good journey home, Scentia.

Stay safe and well and have the best Saturday, folks.
Hugs from France x

Jan16 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:47:36

We came home from the Norfolk Broads yesterday. Drove along the coast road and the beaches must have been packed. Cars parked everywhere - it was so bad that the buses had to stop running as they simply couldn’t get down the narrow roads with cars parked either side

Elizabeth1 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:47:44

Good morning everyone it’s appearing to be another warm day here on the east Fife coast. I hope we can go a small run in the car to the beach again. It was an unusual late afternoon yesterday for us when we had a little walk along the beach watching the children playing in the sea while us auld yin’s licked a melting ice cream cone. This was at 5 pm very unusual. Marydoll enjoy this day get into the mood of a very happy day in your garden take photos for remembering everything. Perhaps I’ll see them sometime when we meet up again. flowers

Aldom Sat 08-Aug-20 10:51:31

With you in spirit Marydol Wishing the very best for you all, in every sense.

Oldbutstilluseful Sat 08-Aug-20 10:56:03

Good morning and especially thinking of Marydoll and her family on this wonderful day. Not the one your beautiful daughter and soon to be son-in-law were hoping for, but the marriage is at the heart of any wedding day. It will be filled with love, laughter and the warmth of knowing they have the future to look forward to.

May the road rise up to meet them, may the wind be at their backs....

Grandyma Sat 08-Aug-20 11:05:38

I hardly ever post but just want to wish *Marydoll * a happy and memorable day today. May the sun shine on you all and enjoy every minute of being the mother of the bride at last ? xx

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 08-Aug-20 11:11:48

Morning all from a very warm South Notts. It'll be a lazy day as it's too hot to do anything energetic. The vast majority of the ironing was tackled before it got too hot.
What a lovely surprise Marydoll - small weddings are lovely - it's the marriage afterwards that counts.
Hope all is well especially for those with illness or worries.

Marydoll Sat 08-Aug-20 11:22:27

Thank you all for all your good wishes. I'm trying to hold it together and not disgrace myself!?
Now all we need is the bride.? She is very quiet!!

maydonoz Sat 08-Aug-20 11:22:28

Good morning all
Another hot day is coming here in Welwyn, Herts, but thankfully it seems slightly cooler than yesterday. Even at 10 am it was so hot as we picked some more blackberries, in order to make some more blackberry and apple crumble for after tomorrow's barbeque, all going according to plan.
Have a pleasant day all and try to stay cool and as comfortable as possible.

Marydoll Sat 08-Aug-20 11:23:20

Forgot to attach.

Maggiemaybe Sat 08-Aug-20 11:30:23

Gorgeous, Marydoll!

Mapleleaf Sat 08-Aug-20 11:36:50

Good morning all,

A sunny and warm start to the day though not as hot as yesterday, thankfully.
It was very uncomfortable through the night as it got very close and sticky.

Wishing you a lovely day, marydoll. Your garden looks lovely for the ceremony. Congratulations to your DD and soon to be SiL. ??

Hope everyone has a nice day. Take care.

Doodle Sat 08-Aug-20 11:39:59

marydoll that looks lovely. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Your SIL sounds such a lovely chap it will make you happy to know your DD is married to such a good man.
As for the rest, time heals and I hope your son comes round soon. Have a lovely day. ??

Chewbacca Sat 08-Aug-20 11:45:46

Your garden looks splendid Marydoll, absolutely beautiful and most certainly worthy of a wedding. I'll have you in my thoughts today.

JenniferEccles Sat 08-Aug-20 11:45:49

Oh it looks so pretty!
I am sure everyone on here would love to see some pictures of the happy couple and the family, but only if you are happy to do that of course.

maydonoz Sat 08-Aug-20 11:51:06

When I posted earlier, I hadn't read all the previous posts, was rushing to meet the 12md deadline!
Just saw the picture of the
wedding garden and I
wanted to wish Marydoll and her family all the best for a very happy day.
Congratulations to the bride and groom!

NfkDumpling Sat 08-Aug-20 12:05:19

What a perfect venue Marydoll! Enjoy! And the sun is shining too - as near perfect as it can be with so many not being able to attend, but I'm sure the official wedding with the dress and everything will be so much more relaxed and enjoyable when it can and does happen.

Congratulations to the Bride and Groom!