Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Sat 08-Aug-20 06:13:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking its the start of another warm day here in Brackley , my usual trip out on the bus services to Buckingham and Bicester.
This afternoon Milan -San Remo cycle race on TV , the racing season cycling wise is all about face , this event is normally held in March .
Take Care ,
Mick

Daisyboots Sat 08-Aug-20 20:29:04

Hoping the day went beautifully for you and your family Marydoll
How lovely it must be to be able to get married in your parents garden.
Every happiness to your DD and SIL. xx

Scentia Sat 08-Aug-20 20:21:40

Marydoll. That looks lovely, I hope you all had a lovely day.

farview Sat 08-Aug-20 18:11:13

Hope you all had a wonderful day marydoll x

Taichinan Sat 08-Aug-20 16:22:53

Just beautiful Marydoll. ?

cornergran Sat 08-Aug-20 15:10:04

Lategood wishes to you all marydoll. Looking forward to more photos. Love to you all.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 08-Aug-20 13:20:59

Every blessing to the happy couple and the marydoll family.

CherryCezzy Sat 08-Aug-20 12:31:44

Congratulations to the ? and groom ?. Today is the day for your DD and SIL Marydoll ? ?

I guessed it might be when I quickly read through yesterday.

The garden looks really pretty and I must say this - the best wedding I have ever been to was in the bride's parent's garden. It will be a lovely day.
Sorry that your son is being awkwardly protective and refusing to come. Perhaps he'll have a change of heart since it's going ahead.
Your DD has chosen herself a wonderful man to be her husband and love is what is important today, that and their future life together.
Enjoy your day as mother of the bride ???? ?

Happy belated birthday wishes to your DH kitty ?

I hope Mr gillybob is recovering nicely gillybob

Similarly, sending healing vibes to your DH Grammaretto

Be kind to yourselves everyone and enjoy the ? but remember to stay safe ❤️

NfkDumpling Sat 08-Aug-20 12:23:19

Jan16

We came home from the Norfolk Broads yesterday. Drove along the coast road and the beaches must have been packed. Cars parked everywhere - it was so bad that the buses had to stop running as they simply couldn’t get down the narrow roads with cars parked either side

I'm was dying to go down to sit in the sea Jan, getting quite ratty in fact about not being able to - and I'm such a sweet natured person as a rule(!). But our coast road and the villages just aren't made for an influx of visitors so we don't go anywhere near the coast in the school holidays as a rule. With all the restrictions limiting access its been quite bad all summer, although at least now the loos (such as they are) are open. We did go early morning last week with DGDog and DGC for a treat for them but didn't stay long!

NanKate Sat 08-Aug-20 12:06:14

To our own Marydoll have a wonderful day and enjoy every moment of your daughter’s wedding ?. I’m so pleased you have such a wonderful SinL.

Your DS owes you a big apology.

My family we toast you and yours this evening. ????

NfkDumpling Sat 08-Aug-20 12:05:19

What a perfect venue Marydoll! Enjoy! And the sun is shining too - as near perfect as it can be with so many not being able to attend, but I'm sure the official wedding with the dress and everything will be so much more relaxed and enjoyable when it can and does happen.

Congratulations to the Bride and Groom!

maydonoz Sat 08-Aug-20 11:51:06

When I posted earlier, I hadn't read all the previous posts, was rushing to meet the 12md deadline!
Just saw the picture of the
wedding garden and I
wanted to wish Marydoll and her family all the best for a very happy day.
Congratulations to the bride and groom!

JenniferEccles Sat 08-Aug-20 11:45:49

Oh it looks so pretty!
I am sure everyone on here would love to see some pictures of the happy couple and the family, but only if you are happy to do that of course.

Chewbacca Sat 08-Aug-20 11:45:46

Your garden looks splendid Marydoll, absolutely beautiful and most certainly worthy of a wedding. I'll have you in my thoughts today.

Doodle Sat 08-Aug-20 11:39:59

marydoll that looks lovely. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Your SIL sounds such a lovely chap it will make you happy to know your DD is married to such a good man.
As for the rest, time heals and I hope your son comes round soon. Have a lovely day. ??

Mapleleaf Sat 08-Aug-20 11:36:50

Good morning all,

A sunny and warm start to the day though not as hot as yesterday, thankfully.
It was very uncomfortable through the night as it got very close and sticky.

Wishing you a lovely day, marydoll. Your garden looks lovely for the ceremony. Congratulations to your DD and soon to be SiL. ??

Hope everyone has a nice day. Take care.

Maggiemaybe Sat 08-Aug-20 11:30:23

Gorgeous, Marydoll!

Marydoll Sat 08-Aug-20 11:23:20

Forgot to attach.

maydonoz Sat 08-Aug-20 11:22:28

Good morning all
Another hot day is coming here in Welwyn, Herts, but thankfully it seems slightly cooler than yesterday. Even at 10 am it was so hot as we picked some more blackberries, in order to make some more blackberry and apple crumble for after tomorrow's barbeque, all going according to plan.
Have a pleasant day all and try to stay cool and as comfortable as possible.

Marydoll Sat 08-Aug-20 11:22:27

Thank you all for all your good wishes. I'm trying to hold it together and not disgrace myself!?
Now all we need is the bride.? She is very quiet!!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 08-Aug-20 11:11:48

Morning all from a very warm South Notts. It'll be a lazy day as it's too hot to do anything energetic. The vast majority of the ironing was tackled before it got too hot.
What a lovely surprise Marydoll - small weddings are lovely - it's the marriage afterwards that counts.
Hope all is well especially for those with illness or worries.

Grandyma Sat 08-Aug-20 11:05:38

I hardly ever post but just want to wish *Marydoll * a happy and memorable day today. May the sun shine on you all and enjoy every minute of being the mother of the bride at last ? xx

Oldbutstilluseful Sat 08-Aug-20 10:56:03

Good morning and especially thinking of Marydoll and her family on this wonderful day. Not the one your beautiful daughter and soon to be son-in-law were hoping for, but the marriage is at the heart of any wedding day. It will be filled with love, laughter and the warmth of knowing they have the future to look forward to.

May the road rise up to meet them, may the wind be at their backs....

Aldom Sat 08-Aug-20 10:51:31

With you in spirit Marydol Wishing the very best for you all, in every sense.

Elizabeth1 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:47:44

Good morning everyone it’s appearing to be another warm day here on the east Fife coast. I hope we can go a small run in the car to the beach again. It was an unusual late afternoon yesterday for us when we had a little walk along the beach watching the children playing in the sea while us auld yin’s licked a melting ice cream cone. This was at 5 pm very unusual. Marydoll enjoy this day get into the mood of a very happy day in your garden take photos for remembering everything. Perhaps I’ll see them sometime when we meet up again. flowers

Jan16 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:47:36

We came home from the Norfolk Broads yesterday. Drove along the coast road and the beaches must have been packed. Cars parked everywhere - it was so bad that the buses had to stop running as they simply couldn’t get down the narrow roads with cars parked either side