Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Sun 09-Aug-20 06:19:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start but with a little breeze here in Brackley this morning .
Today , a nice easy day in with a small shop .
Yesterday I noticed the flea market in Buckingham was busy but the person I usually see was not there , so an antiques fair elsewhere I assume.
Take Care ,
Mick

jacq10 Sun 09-Aug-20 10:14:47

Thank you Marydoll for sharing these photographs. Everything looked beautiful and sharing this with us will have lifted many of our spirits. You make sure now you have a good rest and put your feet up in that beautiful garden!!

Kalu Sun 09-Aug-20 10:15:52

Good morning all from a sunny but thankfully, bit cooler day in Glasgow.

Today is GD1’s 15th Birthday and we are looking forward to having a birthday picnic in the garden later. We were living in France when DD1 called to say she was in labour. I booked the first available flight to Glasgow later that day and GD1 was born in the early hours of the following day. I wasn’t prepared for the surge of emotion I felt when I held her for the first time and she continues to bring such joy to my life.

So pleased all went well yesterday Marydoll. I felt quite emotional as I raised a glass to you and yours last night and now, seeing the setting of an intimate special day, it sounds just perfect. Such precious memories.

Best wishes and Happy Birthday to *Mr. Mattie*?

Hope all is well with you EV

Have a pleasant day all.

Sar53 Sun 09-Aug-20 10:18:47

Marydoll I'm so pleased you all had a lovely day. The garden looks splendid as does that beautiful cake. Lots of happy memories xxx

Froglady Sun 09-Aug-20 10:20:35

Grandmabatty

Good morning All. I've attached one of the paintings I did at the art workshop in the garden. It was such a lovely day and the weather was perfect. Today it is cloudier but there are bits of blue so I'm hopeful. I have no plans today. I'll do some pottering in the house and garden. I hope everyone has a good day

What a beautiful painting; it's gorgeous.

brook2704 Sun 09-Aug-20 10:20:47

Thank you for the beautiful photos marydoll the garden looks magical and what a superb cake too!

Greeneyedgirl Sun 09-Aug-20 10:20:53

I am another Shropshire lass, we’ll have to get together Susan56 when things improve smile. It is overcast here as it was most of yesterday, and thankfully not stonking hot.

You all seem to know one another so hope you don’t mind me intruding but reading Marydoll’s post I just had to say, how lovely and uplifting. What a pity weddings can’t return to more simple affairs once more.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 09-Aug-20 10:21:04

Morning all from a warm and overcast South Notts. I struggle with this heat but will be going out very shortly for a drive and then the weekly shopping. Will read Good Morning posts later.
Hope today is good for everyone especially those with illness or worries.

Megs36 Sun 09-Aug-20 10:23:10

Lovely day for all * Marydoll*. Glad it all went well, And alCongratulations.
Small tear from me too, slightly jealous, just wish my two weddings (grandchildren) were still to take place soon, one is next year instead of June and one 2022 instead of September., as our health too is not good only hope we can still be with them.
We haveour Diamond wedding in a couple of weeks , celebrations for that on hold.

Mapleleaf Sun 09-Aug-20 10:33:37

Lovely photos marydoll. Thank you for sharing them.
Your future DiL certainly is talented - the cake looks amazing. ?

Marydoll Sun 09-Aug-20 10:51:27

Pittcity, my daughter was indeed wearing trainers, with her new married name embroidered on them! She has always been a tomboy. grin.
She has beautiful wedding shoes, but the grass was sodden after two days of constant rain. DH was walking about with a fork, poking holes to try and dry it out. sad

Puzzler61 Sun 09-Aug-20 10:54:56

Sorry MaryD I assumed, and one should never do that.
I referred to the lovely lady in the photo and your Daughter and it’s not.
DIL to-be deserves to be photographed holding that baking beauty of a cake! Clever girl.

Puzzler61 Sun 09-Aug-20 10:58:00

Kalu Wishing a Happy Birthday to your GD, and hope you all share a lovely Picnic celebration with her. She’ll be quite the young lady at 15 ???

Grandmabatty Sun 09-Aug-20 10:58:44

Thank you for all the lovely comments about my painting! I've been doing this for a year so I'm still quite inexperienced. marydoll the wedding looks absolutely lovely and your garden is beautiful. What a perfect setting for a wedding. The cake is awesome too.

Aldom Sun 09-Aug-20 10:59:41

Marydol Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Magical. ?To you all.

gillgran Sun 09-Aug-20 11:01:56

Good Morning to you all from an overcast, but still very warm Cambs.,

Thank you Marydoll for sharing those lovely photos of such a special occasion.
Grandmabatty, what a beautiful painting, how talented you are.
Birthday greetings to MrGrandMattie, also to Kalu's DGD.
A good day for birthdays, it's my sister's 80th.! we are going to her DD's for a garden (sd) gathering.

I've also missed EllanVannin, I love to read her posts, seems like we are having a chat next door.!

Take Care Folks

GrannyGravy13 Sun 09-Aug-20 11:08:10

Beautiful photos Marydoll and many happy memories made ????‍⚖️

annsixty Sun 09-Aug-20 11:11:38

Marydoll
So happy for you all that everything went so well for you all.
The photographs are lovely.
You have real keepers in your new SiL and future DiL.

MellowYellow Sun 09-Aug-20 11:16:23

I've pm'd you Grandmabatty.

MellowYellow Sun 09-Aug-20 11:18:38

Wonderful pics Marydoll, congratulations and rest well today if possible.

Doodle Sun 09-Aug-20 11:37:02

What a lovely day marydoll and what a cake ?
I hope your DD and her new husband will be very happy together.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 09-Aug-20 11:38:04

Good Morning all from cloudy Harrogate, yesterday I was delighted to meet up with two old pals I haven't seen since before lockdown. It was a perfect day for sitting social distancing in the garden.
Hope you had a good day yesterday, Marydoll. Today I aim to clean out of of my kitchen cupboards. Time will tell if I succeed!!

Georgesgran Sun 09-Aug-20 11:40:19

Good morning from Durham where it’s overcast and slightly breezy, but I can see and feel the sun breaking through.

I’d always fancied living by the sea, but both Gillybob and Harrigran - who must only be Whitley Bay? - seem to report completely different weather from me. I’m 20 minutes away from Seaham, but well enough inland not to experience those days of sea feet and biting winds. Looks like I’ll just be staying put for now.

Not a lot planned - washed and ironed already. Trying to feed a scruffy robin with worms from the compost bin.

Marydoll’s day looked just perfect! Congratulations all round.

Susan56 Sun 09-Aug-20 11:47:04

Hi Greeneyedgirl??

Yes,hopefully we can arrange a Shropshire meet up when things improve.

Grannmarie Sun 09-Aug-20 11:54:25

Good morning Mick and all, from sunny Lanarkshire (quite unusual!) I'm just popping in from "lurking" to send much love and congratulations to Marydoll and family on the very special occasion of her DDs wedding.

Thank you for sharing your happiness and the gorgeous photos, your joy is contagious and has cheered so many of us this morning.

Wishing the happy couple good health, long life and much love and laughter.

Sending good wishes to all good morning people, take care and stay safe.

grandMattie Sun 09-Aug-20 12:11:13

Carrot cake as ordered!