Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Sun 09-Aug-20 06:19:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start but with a little breeze here in Brackley this morning .
Today , a nice easy day in with a small shop .
Yesterday I noticed the flea market in Buckingham was busy but the person I usually see was not there , so an antiques fair elsewhere I assume.
Take Care ,
Mick

gillybob Sun 09-Aug-20 08:36:52

I too hope EllanVannin is okay . Thank you for that Urms . It’s so hard keeping track as the thread gets longer isn’t it ?

Mapleleaf Sun 09-Aug-20 08:38:59

Good morning everyone,

It's a rather dull but quite still morning here in South Yorkshire. I haven't been outdoors yet, but it feels quite warm.

How lovely, Grandmabatty. You are very talented.

A quiet day on the cards today. Perhaps pot up the couple of plants I got from the garden centre yesterday a little later.

Hope everything went to plan yesterday, marydoll and that the day was very special.

Take care one and all. ?

NannyJan53 Sun 09-Aug-20 08:45:19

Good Morning from a cooler Black Country.

We are off in our caravan again later today, going to stay on a Campsite near Cheltenham until Friday.

That is a lovely painting Grandmabatty

I too noticed EV has not posted recently, I hope she is ok.

I hope the wedding went well yesterday Marydoll and lots of special memories were made.

Wishing you all a good Sunday

Taichinan Sun 09-Aug-20 08:47:54

Good morning from a still calm Angus coast. Nothing exciting here today, just the usual tidy and whisk round with the hoover. I might get my painting stuff out - but I've said that before and nothing happened! Wonderful to hear your DH's story of survival Grandmattie, medical science has made such great advances. Loving hearing of all the family visitations. They're exhausting, but so lovely - I love the "feel" of a full house. Like everyone, I'm looking forward to *Marydoll's DD's beautiful garden wedding. I'm sure it was wonderful. Have a lovely day everyone, wherever you are and whatever you do ??

Nortsat Sun 09-Aug-20 08:52:20

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a currently cool east London. I am roasting pork now, before the day heats up.

Happy Birthday to MrgM, how lovely to be celebrating the anniversary of your successful op, all those years ago. Have a super day, both of you.

We watched Military Wives last night. It was a very good film, directed by Sally Wainwright ( Last Tango in Halifax, Happy Valley, etc). Well worth catching- we recommend it.

A modest amount of housework today for us. Then reading in the garden, in the shade. Hope the mother of the bride had a wonderful day yesterday. ? to Bluesapphire, Dragonfly and Cherry and all who need them. Have a cool and pleasant day all. ?

MellowYellow Sun 09-Aug-20 08:55:35

Lovely painting Grandmabatty and thank you Puzzler61 I will, though I love Porthleven best when the sea is crashing in around the staggered harbour walls.

Anniebach Sun 09-Aug-20 09:01:14

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Susan56 Sun 09-Aug-20 09:09:29

Good morning from Shropshire.A dull start again but will probably warm up later.

We took DGD home yesterday.Henry still a bit under the weather but was very happy to see big sis back.

Today will be spent catching up on all the laundry and jobs we didn’t get done while DGD was here.

Happy birthday to Mr GM and how wonderful to hear how well he is 17 years after such a major surgery.

Hope you are feeling better today Cherry and had a restful night and Ellan hope you are ok?Grammaretto,hope Mr G is continuing to improve.

Sending good wishes to dragonfly,blue sapphire,purple pixie and all with worries and illness.?

Have a good day all.

Marydoll Sun 09-Aug-20 09:14:27

Good morning all from a muggy Glasgow and birthday greetings to Mr Mattie

Thank you for all your good wishes yesterday, we had the most wonderful day! A lot of tears shed (some in secret) of both joy and sadness.
Initially, at the beginning of lockdown, my daughter dismissed the idea of a garden wedding. Yesterday, she said she had wished she had done it sooner. She said it was perfect!
I too found it perfect.
I had been so worried that the big wedding would have been difficult for me and I would have let her down.

It was all done at the last minute and we only got the licence on Thursday after many phone calls and emails.
My son and future DIL pulled out all the stops and DD burst into tears when she saw the garden. She had expected that it would be just a little table and not much else.
I had secretly ordered a posy and a table arrangement and we also bought a gazebo, which all my neighbours now wish to borrow. ?

The funniest part was just as the happy couple were taking their vows and we heard Happy Birthday being sung very loudly.
One of our neighbours was having a birthday party for his child and had a huge bouncy castle in the garden.
It just added to the occasion, we couldn't stop laughing.

My future DIL was amazing. She made a beautiful cake, with strawberries covered in gold leaf. Very posh. It was she, who decorated the garden, a very talented lady. Presently she is working on the Glasgow Burrell museum refurbishment. What a catch for my son!!??

I'm obviously shattered this morning, but my heart is lighter than it has been in weeks. I'm aware that my health is failing and I just wanted to see my daughter married and settled, as she has been quite fragile in the past. My SIL is the kindest and loveliest man.

When he asked my husband's permission to marry my daughter, he flew my DH to the island of Islay, to my husband's favourite whisky distillery, Bruichladdich. Yesterday, he presented my husband with a bottle of my husband's Bruichladdich whisky to mark the occasion.

I now have a mountain of tidying up to do! ☹️ The party's over!?

I too noticed EV is not about. I do hope she is ok.

I hope everyone has a relaxing and peaceful day!

I will need to post the photos separately, as the are still on my phone and I've managed to lock OneDrive. ?

brook2704 Sun 09-Aug-20 09:22:25

Oh marydoll how wonderful and such a perfect day! I’m so thrilled for you that the day went so very well and your DD had such a beautiful wedding. Sending many congratulations to the very happy couple! ??❤️??

Marydoll Sun 09-Aug-20 09:25:11

Here we are...I hope!

harrigran Sun 09-Aug-20 09:27:54

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Yesterday turned out to be brighter than expected but with a nithering breeze.
Happy Birthday to Mr Mattie, good to hear a positive story.
So pleased the wedding went well Marydoll, looking forward to seeing the photos.
Not a lot on today, perhaps catch up with newspapers and my book.

harrigran Sun 09-Aug-20 09:30:04

Lovely photos, what a yummy looking cake.

Puzzler61 Sun 09-Aug-20 09:30:21

Thank you Marydoll for telling us all about your Daughter and son-in-law’s Special wedding day.
Much joy, and a little sadness, just about sums up family life doesn’t it?
Relive the day again and again. It’s forever in your hearts now.

And I have something in my eye to wipe away ..... ?

Xx

Puzzler61 Sun 09-Aug-20 09:32:18

Your daughter is just glowing! Beautiful pictures.
Your garden, lit up, is magical.
Well done all of you!

GrannySomerset Sun 09-Aug-20 09:37:08

What a wonderful day, Marydoll, and a reminder that it is the marriage which matters rather than the wedding. The lovely couple deserve much happiness.

Marydoll Sun 09-Aug-20 09:41:29

That's my future DIL, who is holding the cake she made. A very talented lady!
I will have to look to my laurels as chief baker. I think I may have lost my crown!! ?

JenniferEccles Sun 09-Aug-20 09:44:04

I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful day after everything you have been through recently Marydoll

It all looked really beautiful, and look at that blue sky!

Small, intimate weddings are really special, aren’t they?

Urmstongran Sun 09-Aug-20 09:45:27

Gorgeous photos Marydoll and such a sunny day for the occasion too! Perfick.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 09-Aug-20 09:48:35

Good morning Mick and all

Another hot day here in S E Essex
?⛱

I spent most of yesterday going between cutting down two bushes (one on front garden one in back as GrandpaGravy had cut down a tree instead of the bush I pointed out, as I am a lady I will not repeat the conversation!!!!). The five year old GS was here all afternoon to swim with Grandma lots of squealing mostly from me!!!

So pleased your DD’s wedding day went so well Marydoll sometimes less really is more

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Grammaretto Sun 09-Aug-20 09:53:02

It all looks perfect Marydoll I am so happy for you and your DD and everyone.
And what a cake!

Thank you for the photos.
I hope you can rest a bit today.

Back over here in the Scottish Borders, the temperature has dropped somewhat and may even rain I will go and visit DH for my allotted hour.
He is recovering but nothing is happening quickly and he is longing to come home.
Mustn't forget it was that same NHS hospital who saved his life twice before. Wonderful surgeons and all the staff.
One nurse yesterday is from NW China, another from Finisterre - both doing 12 hour shifts.

gillybob Sun 09-Aug-20 09:56:53

Gorgeous photos Marydoll thank you for sharing .

I hope Mr Grammaretto is recovering well and will be home very soon.

Pittcity Sun 09-Aug-20 10:07:16

Good morning from sunny Colchester. A couple of degrees cooler today... only 29°! I am doing as little as possible this weekend. DH will cook roast pork this evening as he can't forego his Sunday roast whatever the weather.
Looks like a wonderful day Marydoll. Was the bride wearing trainers? If so, it should be made compulsory for all big occasions wink.

Susan56 Sun 09-Aug-20 10:11:31

Lovely photos Marydoll.So pleased the day went well.

gillybob Sun 09-Aug-20 10:13:17

We’ve got 15 degrees here on the North East coast right now Pittcity and I’m thinking of putting the heating on for DH .