Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Mon 10-Aug-20 06:32:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey here in Brackley at present .
Today do a small shop for cemetery flowers ,and some work on graves before it gets to hot .
Apart from that a quiet day for me .
Take care ,
Mick

harrigran Mon 10-Aug-20 08:38:40

Good morning from a cloudy NE where it is starting to rain.
We achieved 18 degrees yesterday but couldn't even be bothered to put a chair in the garden.
Today is washing day and DH is already busy. I will be in the study because he doesn't like me under foot.
DD sent a message to say she had to buy an air conditioning unit, she could no longer bear the heat at the top of the house, her room is the whole top of the house in the roof space.
Enjoy your heat before the storms come.

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 08:43:16

Good Morning all!
I went to visit a relative on Saturday, then she came here yesterday so that was lovely. Now I am having a vanilla latte in bed while watching Waiting For God. X

aggie Mon 10-Aug-20 08:45:04

Dull here this morning , with not a breeze, very warm .
Lovely to read of Marydolls DDs lovely wedding ,

BladeAnnie Mon 10-Aug-20 08:47:58

Good morning all from a sunny and already very sticky mid-Notts - although it looks like thunderstorms are on the cards this week. We are having the chimney swept this morning - doesn't seem like a year since he was here last!! Other than that we will see what the day brings. Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

Anniebach Mon 10-Aug-20 08:50:25

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Mon 10-Aug-20 08:51:27

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a breezy North Cornwall. This is the last day of our holiday with DD and her menfolk though they are here until the end of the week. They are off cycling today and we are having a quiet day packing and pottering. Had enough excitement yesterday when we went exploring the coast on a jet boat, which then had engine failure and we wallowed about drifting gently out into the Atlantic until another boat came to give us a long tow home. Strange how waves always look bigger when you’re on the sea than on the shore looking out at it!! We weren’t particularly concerned except that we had lunch booked at the local pub and were worried we would lose our table! All good fun, but dry land for us today and a walk along the coast path if it stays dry. Have a good day, folks, whatever you are doing.

Grandmafrench Mon 10-Aug-20 08:58:28

Good Morning everyone. Very hot, unusually humid, no wind and no sun?? What’s that all about? Well this poster’s head will be sporting a dandelion clock-type hairstyle almost immediately I step outside......which is very depressing! Ah well, that’s humidity....just as well we’ve no grand plans, except a trip out to collect a smart new navy letterbox to replace one which is now more difficult to open than a can of sardines!

It’s at least 15 years old and sits on a post at the bottom of our drive (following the new rule some years ago which prevents post persons from walking off the street to a front door to deliver mail.) They also have a universal key which allows them to open every box and leave parcels inside if necessary. This saves lots of valuable time which they can now spend chatting on the side of the road or drinking coffee in cafés en route. No, I’m not a fan ...... and we’ve had so many things missing or wrongly delivered, makes us ? crazy!

Today is my 3 ? ??’s turn for insect treatment - yesterday was worming. Dogs were done yesterday, but I expect you find, Kalu, you have just the one chance to pin ‘em down! Can’t see the difference between stroking them and applying some drops of liquid - but they can. What a fuss !

Off to water my plants before going out. Have a super day, all - especially lucky types with family visits. So pleased that Mr Gram is up for coming home. Mr gilly please feel better after a bit of a weekend hiccup. Gilly we know you’re only a youngster....but bad stuff is going to happen if you push yourself too hard and you won’t be on hand to help everyone if you’re poorly. Maybe mention that sometimes when you’re attempting to be Supergran? ?

Enjoy the Cairngorms Brook and North Wales, Gelisa.

Keep on keeping on, everyone. If we stick together, we’ll get there!

Hugs from across The Channel ????

GrannySomerset Mon 10-Aug-20 08:59:04

An empty day - and week - after the excitement of seeing the family last week. The only fixture is with the hairdresser on Wednesday, so perhaps ought to do a bit of cupboard tidying. Not until it cools down, though - still very sticky in our bit of a North Somerset, and sleep hard to come by.

Hope all those having holidays and visits have a good day, that Gilly has a positive day and that Marydoll is in recovery after the excitement and joy of the wedding. And thinking of all those unwell or unhappy, too.

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 09:01:33

Oh Marydoll! I've just caught up on your daughter's wedding. It sounds absolutely perfect!! And what an achievement for your DiL to refurbish the Burrell. Although I am not from Glasgow, and have never been to the Burrell, I have been to Pollock House beside it. I love it. X

Marydoll Mon 10-Aug-20 09:07:01

You will be relieved to know that I wrote, not a novella, but an actual novel this morning and it has vanished!!! You would have been here all day, reading it.
I will be back later.?

Instead of visiting the day ward today, I will administer my treatment from a pre loaded injection. ?
I have had to wear my big girl's pants a lot this weekend!?

Pittcity Mon 10-Aug-20 09:13:06

I would love to swap a bit of our weather for some of yours Gillybob. Our bit of East Anglia is going to swerve the thunderstorm too it seems.

Mapleleaf Mon 10-Aug-20 09:23:55

Good morning from a sunny and warm South Yorkshire.
We may get the thunder storms later, we might not.

Changed the bedding in the hope I get it dry before any change in the weather.

Getting excited now - I go to the hairdressers tomorrow. Yay!??

Well, I’ll just finish my cup of tea, then had better put the clean sheets on the bed before it gets too hot.

I hope today is a kind day to you all. Take care. ?

Stilllearning Mon 10-Aug-20 09:28:12

Hello and good morning from a dull gray Lanarkshire (there’s a phrase I expect to repeat), to Mick and every else on this thread which I have followed for a long time before posting for the first time yesterday afternoon and receiving a warm welcome from several members so I just want to introduce myself briefly to everyone else. I have long enjoyed reading all your posts and would now like to join in at least occasionally.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-Aug-20 09:28:49

Good morning Mick and all

Already hot here in S E Essex, I am off to the gym for a personal training session then an hour of Callanetics, not looking forward to it but I know I feel so much better afterwards.

Thinking of missing posters and poorly husbands.

Take care and keep safe folks ?‍♀️

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-Aug-20 09:29:57

Welcome stilllearning we are a friendly bunch. ?‍♀️

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 09:30:43

Does anybody else feel panicked about the storms? X

Susan56 Mon 10-Aug-20 09:42:28

Good morning from Shropshire.Storms forecast later but who knows.The forecast has been very hit and miss lately.

Still catching up on laundry and gardening from last week when DGD stayed with us.Got several new books so looking forward to deciding which one to start with and having a couple of hours reading later.

Lins,as you know DH is from Llanelli and hadn’t heard of the memorial and the loss of the Mumbles lifeboat crew.He is looking it up as we speak.

Welcome Stilllearning and Flyinghandbags ??

Hope Mr gilly and Mr Grammaretto are both feeling more comfortable today and continue to improve.Also hope Cherry had a restful night and is feeling better today???

Thinking of dragonfly,blue sapphire and purple pixie and anyone else with worries and illness.

Ellan,hope you are ok and it is just internet problems keeping you from us?

Lins1066 Mon 10-Aug-20 09:49:54

A warm welcome to Stilllearning and Flyinghandbag.

Lins1066 Mon 10-Aug-20 09:54:44

Susan when my son was in the Coastguard he was present when the memorial was laid a few years ago. It is rather difficult to find among the rocks but very poignant.

Auntieflo Mon 10-Aug-20 10:03:01

Good morning Mick, Annie and all, from a slightly cooler bit of Berks. Yesterday evening was nearly unbearable.

Having just caught up on Marydoll's lovely, happy weekend, I feel that I have missed so much by lurking in the corner, and not joining in as I usually would have done.
Thank you for the pictures Marydoll and wish you a peaceful day for recovery.

Yesterday we had a lovely afternoon at DD and SIL, with a BBQ and lots of chat. Her MIL also came and we 'socially distanced'. as much as possible, but as they have a large garden, it was easy.
Unfortunately there was a long diversion on the way home, and I don't like sudden surprises.

Wishing Mr Gillybob and Mr Gramaretto a speedy recovery, and also all the other regulars who have not been posting recently. All will be well soon, I hope.
Have a good day one and all.

Susan56 Mon 10-Aug-20 10:07:53

Lins,I can imagine it would have been very poignant.DH is now on the phone to his parents talking to them about it.

Kalu Mon 10-Aug-20 10:09:23

In a nutshell Grandmafrench! If I don’t get it right this month we have to wait another month which means she isn’t being topped up. Of all the pets we have had to care for this one this one is proving to be a real challenge. Even sheep dipping was much less hassle. ? Worming is tomorrow, wish me luck??

Hymnbook Mon 10-Aug-20 10:16:24

Morning everyone. Hope you are all well. Very hot and sunny here. Storms forecast for later. Just started my exercise plan this morning will try and keep it up this time. My middle sister has problems so will be busy helping her. She hates storms to. Hope you all have a good day.

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 10:22:01

Lins1066

A warm welcome to Stilllearning and Flyinghandbag.

Thankyou, but I have posted very very sporadicly on these threads before, as sometimes I don't wake up until 11am as I don't sleep well. X

FlyingHandbag Mon 10-Aug-20 10:23:19

Susan56 Welcome Stilllearning and Flyinghandbags. Thanks, I have posted occasionally before. X