Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Mon 10-Aug-20 06:32:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey here in Brackley at present .
Today do a small shop for cemetery flowers ,and some work on graves before it gets to hot .
Apart from that a quiet day for me .
Take care ,
Mick

Grandmafrench Mon 10-Aug-20 10:31:10

They're little blighters, Kalu. We so love them but they are really determined. Think it's just about do-able now. We wrap each one quickly, like a mummy, in a thick towel (trapping all feet) then on the table, I open a mouth put tablet on back of tongue and hold mouth closed whilst blowing up nose! Nice! Once swallowed they go straight for a nearby bowl with some treats in it. Whew! Insect treatment involves holding cat firmly on outdoor table whilst wearing leather gloves, I then do the drops. If they are on our laps, one of us usually gets the claws-in-the-legs trick! Our sheep were proper laydees.....and a pleasure to deal with - even though built like woolly wardrobes. Sheep, of course, tend not to bite or scratch, which is always a help. Good luck tomorrow - keep A&E on speed dial, maybe.

Get back to that entertaining novel, Marydoll, please. It's so annoying losing posts, but at least it keeps you sitting down and resting !

Grannmarie Mon 10-Aug-20 11:32:15

Good morning Mick, good morning everyone, from still overcast Lanarkshire where the sun is just trying to peep through the clouds. It's certainly not cold!

I did lots of washing at the weekend so I might just iron on the patio for an hour..
watching out for the predicted thunder ⚡ storms, of course.

Sending good wishes to all, especially those with illness and/or worries.

Take care out there!

Kalu Mon 10-Aug-20 11:44:46

Any speed dial required Grandmafrench will be for an emergency vet when I run out of patience with her! ??‍♀️?

Legs55 Mon 10-Aug-20 11:54:44

Good morning all from Devon, started off fine & warm when I went shopping before 8, got into next Town (only 5 miles away) to heavy showers, coming back home I heard thunder. Now it's a mix of showers & sunshine.

Nothing planned for today, gardening if fine, if wet catch up on Sunday papers which I missed reading yesterday.

Tomorrow I am off out for my 1st monthly coffee morning since lockdown, hope the sun shines smile

Maddy68 Mon 10-Aug-20 12:10:38

Goodmorning from North Carolina! It is going to be another very hot and muggy day here. Yesterday we had a 5.1 earthquake in the mountains. Tremors were felt all over the state and beyond. I was scooping cat litter in the early morning and thought my son was rearranging his bedroom, lol. I found another lady to go walking with, so that is where I am off to in a bit after I finish my coffee. I have some pork simmering in the crockpot for barbecue sandwiches for dinner, to have along with coleslaw, chips, and homemade peach cobbler w/vanilla ice cream for dessert. I hope to get out and visit my DD later this afternoon and take her a birthday present. Hope everyone has a great week!

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 10-Aug-20 12:13:54

Good Afternoon all from sunny Harrogate. What a busy morning! Washing sheets, cleaning, vacuuming (with disobedient roomba) making coffee, talking to a school friend on the phone and a bit of baking!! Eh!! I'm knackered. Your wedding pictures were lovely Marydoll. Hope your DH is fully recovered Grammaretto. Hope all are managing to make the best of the good weather!