Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Wed 12-Aug-20 06:16:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but signs of an overnight shower here in Brackley this morning .
Yesterdays , trip out was interesting my first experience of the Monday to Wednesday eat out and get it cheaper , I went to the cafe I use in Buckingham , not thinking that just having a coffee would qualify I paid £1 for something I normally pay £2 for.
Today , quiet small shop, then cycling on TV this afternoon , hoping that it is cooler as well.
Take Care ,
Mick

farview Wed 12-Aug-20 12:13:33

Welcome to you Unigran4
I know that feeling EV...watching the Singapore airlines plane fly above our heads at Manchester airport..son,d.i.l and my 2 little girls...I just sat on the floor sobbing..

MellowYellow Wed 12-Aug-20 12:27:37

Finally, rain in Cornwall!!! Am sitting on the Pier relishing it. grin

HAZBEEN Wed 12-Aug-20 12:44:42

Hi Unigran4 I dont post often on the GM thread but noticed you are south of Heathrow, so am I. We are in Ashford. I know what you mean about the planes, we are lucky arent we not to under the flight path!

Unigran4 Wed 12-Aug-20 13:47:03

Hi HAZBEEN, I'm just next door to you in Staines.

Oh farview that is heartbreaking. I've been there- watching the late night Jumbo to Australia taking dear ones with it.

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 13:58:13

Welcome Unigran, enjoy making chutney, homemade is always tastier.
Out of interest how are you going to cool the guinea pig down? .......

Nortsat Wed 12-Aug-20 14:14:12

Puzzler I’m with you ... I am fascinated to know how Unigran is going to cool the guinea pig down ... ?

(Welcome Unigran ?)

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 14:18:30

Perhaps he’s getting one of those chill mats - but I don’t know how you’d get a guinea pig to keep still on it?
We had one called Poppy and she was a real wriggler when you tried to hold her.

CC90 Wed 12-Aug-20 15:29:57

No there are numerous restaurants taking part in the voucher scheme here in South Shields Gillybob and I would certainly not describe it as “middle class”. The coast is lovely though . You should pay a visit !

Grandmabatty Wed 12-Aug-20 16:42:03

A very late good morning all from me after a wild night across Central Scotland. The lightning started about midnight and it was so creepy as there was no thunder, just constant lightning and so intense. Then the thunder started about two in the morning and just kept on coming! It was so loud, it set off car alarms. We also had biblical flooding, houses set alight. I had a power cut and my broadband stopped and has only just come on. The weather today is very warm, humid and again too intense with the possibility of more thunder tonight. So hopefully I'll see you all here tomorrow morning.

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 17:01:55

That sounds just awful Grandmabatty. ?

Unigran4 Wed 12-Aug-20 18:08:30

I covered part of his cage with a damp towel and put a picnic bag freezer block in a hot water bottle cover so that he can lie with it up his back. He loves it! I will have to damp the towel again every now and then. He's nearly 7 (in September) so an OAGP. He gets his pension in pellets and celery chunks.

Puzzler61 Wed 12-Aug-20 18:18:53

He’s a very lucky guinea pig to live with you and get such TLC.

My cat is sensibly lying on the sofa positioned in the cool of the fan (and she likes to be warm - but the last few days have been too humid for her).

Grandmabatty Wed 12-Aug-20 18:58:08

puzzler61 it was very bad. Thunder and lightning doesn't bother me but this was intense! Local house and butcher's shop were hit by lightning. Fortunately no one was hurt although there was a lot of damage. I hope everyone has had a good day.