Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you ask for a receipt?

(111 Posts)
Smileless2012 Thu 13-Aug-20 18:36:50

I'm the same lemongrove especially since the lock down as I use contact less 99% of the time and I always used cash for smaller purchases.

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 18:34:11

Very few people also know what their purchases amount to at the till and will accept any amount named ( even when wrong) and even fewer check their change.

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 18:32:30

I always ask for a receipt if it looks as if one isn’t forthcoming, even for small purchases. Returning items, balancing the accounts and just as proof of purchase.

Poppyred Thu 13-Aug-20 16:32:51

BlueBelle surely the less you have to spend the more careful you need to be about what and where you spend your money?

silverlining48 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:16:20

Always take mine too.

monk08 Thu 13-Aug-20 16:15:15

Always take mine especially now using contactless more, very easy to forget small amounts that soon add up.

Davidhs Thu 13-Aug-20 16:13:29

Not for small items, it’s good practice to get a receipt for larger items, as for budgeting I think most of us oldies know what we need from week to week. Large purchases (£500+) probably need further thought.

Auntieflo Thu 13-Aug-20 16:10:29

I am also surprised at how many don't take their C.C. receipts at the charity shop where I volunteer.

Every month I like to reconcile my receipts with my bill, I suppose it comes from working in accounts.

BlueBelle Thu 13-Aug-20 16:08:02

I don’t take a receipt unless I m buying something that may need taking back
I never balance outgoings I don’t have that big an amount of spending money each week/month Of course I check online every few weeks to make sure there are legit outgoings

tanith Thu 13-Aug-20 16:04:49

I don't take a receipt if it’s something small, I don’t ever balance my outgoings I however do check my acc frequently.

Poppyred Thu 13-Aug-20 15:56:41

Surprised as to how many people don’t ask or take their receipt after shopping. How do they balance their monthly /weekly outgoings? What if they needed to take something back?