Gransnet forums

Chat

The Old Argy Bargy Bar....a new lease of life!

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 13:46:17

Had to pay the landlord an extra fiver a week, but he has extended our lease, phew! Safe again for a while for all Argy Bargies wanting a sit down and a pint of something, whilst getting things off their chests.???

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 18:04:27

Now where’s that Sambuca?

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 18:15:24

Thanks timetogo ? and as you’re here...pop down to the cellar and check how many crates of Babycham are down there would you (60’s vibe.....gotta have a Babycham or five)
And then lug a couple of crates up here.

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 18:17:20

MawB any drink you like on offer here, hot poteen, cold tea
Warm beer, iced sherry......?

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 18:32:29

Am quite starstruck?at the thought of meeting Bob O’Dylan again, will he remember me from the Cork bar circa 1968 I wonder? What a handsome guy....he called out ‘hello me darling’ to me as two bouncers carried him to the door and slung him out.It was a rare old place for a fight was Rosie O’Grady’s Bar in those days.If only Bob hadn’t mixed it with Rosie herself ( she never lost a fight) then I could have smooched the night away with him, and he wouldn’t have lost half his teeth.Happy days indeed.Still, I did meet a peer of the realm that night as I tottered home ( Lord Lemongrove) and have had a great time living the high life ever since, so I can’t complain.
Still, on moonlit nights I still think of Bob and of might have been......and then come over all tearful and have a few gins and become maudlin, singing ‘when Irish eyes are smiling’
And other tear jerkers.?

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:04:53

In case you don’t recognise him lemon (and the years have not been kind to him),
he’ll be wearing an Afghan hound great coat. I’ve told Harry to tell him how hot it is here - so the compromise is that underneath Bob will wear only gold shorts and a swinging pendulum. It could be he doesn’t have a tooth in his head by now.
I’m taking a chance that his voice will be the same.

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:06:40

Can I remind you we’re ALL living the high life tonight lemon , so stop your bragging. ?
You can get as high as you like.

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 19:14:10

I already am high Puzzler ...just on breathing the air in here,
How many spliffs have you already had?
Uh oh! I see Bob is over by the bar with his guitar in one hand and his shillelagh in the other! Why is he wearing an Afghan hound on his back? Looks very uncomfortable.....I will fetch a bowl of water for the poor thing, and introduce myself to Bob.Be still my beating heart.?

Doodle Fri 14-Aug-20 19:16:20

lins I’m hungry. I need something to soak up the alcohol. Cani have some of your snacks please and yes I would love to join you in a Babycham.....do you think we can find a glass big enough for us both or shall we just fill the paddling pool ?
AGA those sausage rolls could be some of soop’s old ones. They’ll be fine for the punters but proceed with caution among staff or we’ll all be off sick. ?
puzzler that’s the trouble with izal, it gets in the groove and causes friction burns ?
AGA don’t let Kev anywhere near this spliffs, you don’t know what he’s like when he’s under the influence. ?
lemon I often wondered where you managed to catch Lord Lemongrove and now I know. ?

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:20:01

Bob’s giving me the eye - oh he’s only got the one ?

He must want to do Crazy with me.

I’ll just shimmy over with 2 slippery nipples for him.

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 19:41:58

Right.....well, have to say am disappointed ? he looks so old!
No hair (under his John Lennon hat) and so many wrinkles,
Not up to my standard at all, at all at all.
Luckily, he didn’t know who I was, so that’s a relief?
I can get on and enjoy myself now, a big spliff please, a pint of Guinness and a cuddle with gorgeous George as we dance to
‘San Fransisco’ ( btw how do you like my flower power outfit?)

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:46:11

You look a sight - the large flowers - well , you can’t help but notice them.
Are those cherries and olives on sticks from the bar holding your hair back from your face?
Very colourful lemon - just pass my shades and another spliff please.

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:48:00

I was pleased with my negligee kaftan with Maid Marion sleeves, until Bob poked one with a spliff and now it’s frazzled the sleeve right up to my armpit.
Good job he knew how to work the fire extinguisher or I’d be naked by now!

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:49:08

Ehhhm , who is gorgeous George? You haven’t dressed Lord Lemongrove up and sneaked him in have you?

Peardrop50 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:49:15

AGA I knew I'd met the Admiral before, now that I see him completely starkers it's all come back to me, he starred in Jesus Christ Superstar. I'd recognise those butt cheeks anywhere. Ooh he was good.
Is Lemon still titivating herself for the Irish Crooner?

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:51:14

She’s cuddling gorgeous George Peardrop.
Who’s George?
Or is it a euphemism ??

Peardrop50 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:54:02

Oh I see the Irish Crooner was a let down. Nevermind Lemon seems to have moved on. Who is George? ~Is it Clooney, Michael or Roper?

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 19:55:30

That’s probably just what he was hoping for Puzzler ?
The joint is really jumpin’ now ( and I don't mean the joint stuck in Doodle’s mouth) haha.
Karaoke time.....who’s going first?

Peardrop50 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:55:34

Oh a euphemism, well she'll suck it and see I suppose.

Peardrop50 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:57:04

Can I go first with 'Come Outside' and see what happens. There's a lovely moon out there

Peardrop50 Fri 14-Aug-20 19:57:48

My dandelions are wilting.

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 19:57:49

Cooney....who else? Am giving him a night off from being chained to the Nespresso machine ( generous employer that I am)

lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 19:59:48

Will somebody please get the Admiral off poor old AGA he has her pinned to the sofa with his wooden leg whilst he serenades her with his own version of ‘I Did It My Way’?

Peardrop50 Fri 14-Aug-20 20:10:24

I did threaten the Admiral, told him 'these boots are made for walkin, and one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you, he just laughed in my face.
Puzzler will you pass me the saw please, it might be the only way to rescue AGA.

Peardrop50 Fri 14-Aug-20 20:13:56

Doodle, lay off the spliffs for now, we're flying off to Woodstock in the morning

Puzzler61 Fri 14-Aug-20 20:15:38

Phew this chain saw is heavy - just saw the one leg off, not his good one as well or he’ll sue us!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion