Gransnet forums

Chat

The Old Argy Bargy Bar....a new lease of life!

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Fri 14-Aug-20 13:46:17

Had to pay the landlord an extra fiver a week, but he has extended our lease, phew! Safe again for a while for all Argy Bargies wanting a sit down and a pint of something, whilst getting things off their chests.???

Doodle Fri 30-Oct-20 20:32:39

lemon come here a minute. ?. I want to whisper something in your ear............ BOO ??

AGAA4 Fri 30-Oct-20 20:46:32

More channel than Chanel ?

LauraNorder Fri 30-Oct-20 20:51:20

I wandered in here, lonely as a cloud
That walks while high on meths and pills
When all at once I wore a shroud
The ghost of golden daffodils.

Okay I admit I stayed in the tanning salon too long and went this funny shade of yellow but it's the best I can do.
Pass me a cocktail someone while I flutter and fart in the breeze

Callistemon Fri 30-Oct-20 20:53:40

I've put both feet in it this evening so may I have a quiet corner, a litre of poteen and a straw please.
Preferably not served by Katy.

LauraNorder Fri 30-Oct-20 21:26:50

Our very upmarket little waitress is called Chardonnay, her parents are far too classy to have christened her Chardy

lemongrove Fri 30-Oct-20 21:36:56

Well, you all look the part I must say....Doodle if I scared easy then I couldn’t look at you day after day!?
So BOO right back atcha.?
What dud you put both feet in Callistemon ....not the antibacterial tank ( bucket of Dettol) we keep by the door?
It was meant for hands not feet.
Doesn’t Gloopy look great? He’s come as a spider, I may have to eat him up later on.?

lemongrove Fri 30-Oct-20 21:39:03

Why Laura you’re a poet! Eat your heart out William Wordsworth! You remember him, he used to be our plumber?
He had a way with words....and usually his way with AGA.

lemongrove Fri 30-Oct-20 21:40:29

Who’s that tiny ghost wandering around with a sheet over it’s head? It’s not marydoll is it, come to raid the till? Keep your eye on it.

lemongrove Fri 30-Oct-20 21:41:54

Oooh here comes Jane10 and her new assistant, a sensitive
Lad by the look of him.She has him on a lead I see.

Doodle Fri 30-Oct-20 21:55:39

laura how apt you’ve come as a pumpkin ?............sorry I didn’t realise it was fake tan. Oops ?
Come and sit behind the llamas Callistemon you will be safe there. They may pong a bit but they’ve had their poteen for tonight so are very sleepy.
Oh no that spider was Gloopy. I swatted it with my broomstick ?

lemongrove Fri 30-Oct-20 22:08:35

The only thing those llamas pong of is my expensive perfume.?
Poor Gloopy! Being hit on the head with a broom for no good reason.
Thor and Achilles look magnificent as Dracula and Frankenstein’s Monster......hard to choose which one I like best.
Anyone seen the Admiral? The Captain is over there,( dressed as a black cat) who’s he chatting up inside that pumpkin?

lemongrove Fri 30-Oct-20 22:11:02

????????????????????
Cocktails on the house for staff tonight.
I have had seven ‘In The Spirit’’s.......I may have to run in a minute, that syrup of figs is kicking in.

lemongrove Fri 30-Oct-20 22:12:17

Me on karaoke again....’I’ll put a spell on yooo, because yooooour miiiiine.....

Doodle Fri 30-Oct-20 22:45:51

Are you sure that’s the Captain lemon ? He’s just peed on the pumpkin...........and I can tell you now, Laura’s none too pleased. ?
It does look a bit odd Frankenstein’s monster dancing with Dracula like that. I’m on now Lemon push over I’m doing the Rocky Horror Show....

Callistemon Fri 30-Oct-20 22:56:42

Laura you look very fetching - have you been to the tanning studio?
Such a nice smile as well ?

Doodle Fri 30-Oct-20 23:28:25

Callistemon stop feeding the llamas with those pumpkin pies it’s not good for their digestion (as you will find out if you don’t move quickly) ?

Callistemon Fri 30-Oct-20 23:34:22

It's not the pumpkin, it's my terrible pastry.

Whoops, you're right! Too late!
I need a shower

LauraNorder Sat 31-Oct-20 13:57:25

Had to rush off when Peter Peter the pumpk................oh no he’s here again

lemongrove Sat 31-Oct-20 14:02:29

I sympathise Laura as I did a lot of rushing off after those syrup of figs cocktails last night.
It was a chaotic scene wasn’t it? The bar was rammed with zombies, ghouls, ghosts pumpkins, vampires, spiders and bats.Made lots of dosh ( the sure sigh of a successful theme nite) so am awarding you all with ten shillings each ( don’t spend it all at once!)

lemongrove Sat 31-Oct-20 14:03:34

Am just off to wrangle a bargain price out of our landlord for another year’s lease on the old place.....laters!?

AGAA4 Sat 31-Oct-20 16:44:38

Hope you are wearing your best maroon bloomers Lemon. He will definitely lower the rent after a glimpse of those.

Doodle Sat 31-Oct-20 17:45:51

Well lemon I think it’s wonderful we need to renew the lease. These new theme nights seem to have attracted a crowd.
AGA’s new poteen recipe seems to go down a treat.
Laura works her magic on the door dragging enticing the punters in.
Now that Callistemon is in charge of the cleaning the punters are happier to sit and drink (what was wrong with the spit and sawdust I don’t know)
So what are we going to do for next Friday. Ah got it what about a bonfire party for Halloween. You can be the guy......mind you we’ll have to dress you up a bit. We won’t pop you on the fire just sit you outside and ask people to give us a penny for you....... maybe half penny would be better.?

lemongrove Sun 01-Nov-20 13:46:23

Hmmmm, a Bonfire Nite Theme....very good,we’ll do it!
We can all take turns at being the guy....slumped in a wheelbarrow at the door ( well wrapped up) having a snooze, we could make a fortune!

AGAA4 Sun 01-Nov-20 16:37:04

The poteen and firework cocktails will keep us all warm.

lemongrove Sun 01-Nov-20 16:48:16

Fireworks! Yes, AGA we need loads.....here’s five bob, go forth and buy a sackful.
Now it’s definitely time for me to go and see Moneybags Mike our landlord.....

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion