Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Wed 19-Aug-20 06:17:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dull and grey here in Brackley this morning , and its dry as well.
Yesterdays trip out was no different, had my £1 coffee in Buckingham , got to Bicester ,and coming out of supermarket ,saw a person I used to work with who I had not met since last February, had a conversation and moved on .
I think this is the thing meting up with someone from your past ,and with the lockdown occurring as well.
Still having these strange dreams as well.
Take Care ,
Mick

Grandmabatty Wed 19-Aug-20 14:06:24

Granny Gravy 13 thank you for the dinosaur cutter tip! My local lake land is 8 miles away. Too close! I feel an urgent need to visit which means spending lots of money.

glammagran Wed 19-Aug-20 17:02:41

Our small town is in deep mourning following the deaths in a car accident of 4 young men early on Sunday morning. One lived next door with his parents to my younger daughter.

She is 26 and had a great many food allergies as a baby including milk and eggs. These she did outgrow but not the one to nuts which remains severe. Someone gave her a home made almond cake using ground almonds recently which is one nut she is fine with but alas the production line must have been used for another nut and she got an itchy throat and swollen lips but luckily antihistamine was enough. She remembers as a toddler refusing to eat as so many foods caused her pain. I felt like a dreadful mother as her thighs were thinner than her knees. Neither her own daughter or her 2 older siblings have any allergies, other than one who has hay fever. And her daughter eats for England.

Hope everyone has a good day

Susan56 Wed 19-Aug-20 17:50:10

glammagran,good to know that your daughter outgrew many of her allergies.I really hope Henry does.

You saying that as a toddler she refused foods as they caused her pain reminds me of Henry.He is now 10 months old and will eat certain foods no problem but is very wary of a lot of things.At one stage a couple of months ago he wouldn’t eat anything.

So glad your daughter was ok after the cake.Its such a worry.DD had bought some items from a deli a couple of months ago and was assured it was dairy free but turns out it wasn’t but as with your daughter the antihistamine sorted Henry out.

DD has gone dairy free too as she is still breastfeeding H.She isn’t finding it as bad as she thought she would as there are so many vegan products around now which makes things much easier.

glammagran Wed 19-Aug-20 18:58:59

My DD2 wouldn’t even breastfeed unlike the others. We went to Thorntons which had a franchise in our local Sainsbury’s when she was 7 to get a strawberry ice cream. Unfortunately, U the scoop was also used for Brazil nut ice cream which I failed to notice. Photo is of her once we got home. Her whole face as well as her lips swelled, itchy throat and faintness due to drop in blood pressure.

I do hope Henry outgrows his allergies asap. Where on earth do they originate? I’m allergic to nothing (except mosquitoes).