Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Sat 22-Aug-20 06:12:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start this morning and less windy after yesterdays wind and rain , but its could be a nice day.
Off on my normal bus journeys today , to Bicester first ,and the return to Buckingham.
Earlier in the week whilst in Buckingham there was something I wanted to buy ,and have left the purchase until today .
Usual coffees and something to eat .
Take Care ,
Mick

Pantglas2 Sat 22-Aug-20 06:19:59

Morning Mick from darkest Spain where I’ve been up since sparrowfart with the chamberpot ☕️

Another busy day with friends coming for a socially distanced curry ? this evening and I’ll make a pear and raspberry crumble for pud - sorted!

Will whizz round with a duster and mop so they don’t think I’m a total slattern ? - thank god for visitors eh?

Have a good day everyone x

Beechnut Sat 22-Aug-20 06:37:54

Good Morning everyone and welcome to the new good morningers from Severnside. It’s damp and a little breezy out there today.

You sound like you’re looking forward to your new purchase Mick. I had one delivered yesterday....a pair of bright red sandals.

I hope your son is is starting to feel better GrandMattie. I wondered where you were.

I’m off to a deli this morning to see what nice foods I can find for next week. If the rain holds off this afternoon I’ll be in the garden cutting up the ivy for the bin. I’m having a tidy up of it on my boundary as my neighbour is going to put up a new fence. That side of the garden is my responsibility fence wise and while I haven’t long put something up I suspect they want something nicer. I could only do what I could at the time as they had fir trees planted all along that part and have now cut them down.

Enjoy your weekend all especially trips and outings. They are precious in these times ?

cornergran Sat 22-Aug-20 06:54:01

Morning Mick, morning All from a dry, bright and calmer corner of Somerset. Will try to restore some order to the garden after a quick trip for a small food shop. Take care everyone, stay safe.

grandMattie Sat 22-Aug-20 06:56:54

Good morning from a bright, relentlessly warm E Kent. It isn’t as hot but, goodness, I think I shall move to the Highlands if this heat is going to be an annual event.
DS2 is still in hospital, still on intravenous fluids and antibiotics. He’s hoping to come home today. Thank you for your good wishes.
Stay well and safe.

Jaxjacky Sat 22-Aug-20 07:00:30

Good morning Mick, one and all from a far less windy south Hants.
Man coming to quote for some garden chopping at 8, then I must water the veggies, particularly tomatoes in gro bags, no blight watch email this morning, but ever vigilant. Will get paper later as I like the Saturday crossword, bit of cricket to watch too, it’s being played about 4 miles away from us. Then a teatime meander down the pub, catch up on local goings on. Have a good day everyone.

maydonoz Sat 22-Aug-20 07:07:31

Good morning all from a sunny and bright Welwyn, Herts. Am planning to do a small wash today before packing up to go away early next week.
I won't be posting while abroad so will check in with you all in October!.
Keep well and stay safe.

Gingster Sat 22-Aug-20 07:21:36

Morning all from a stormy/sunny Suffolk coast. The wind has died down somewhat after yesterday’s gales. The garden has taken its toll. Looking a right mess!

Yes grandmattie this warm weather just goes on and on here in this corner of England. It’s quite draining. Even in the strong winds yesterday, I was in a muck sweat. Hope your Ds will be well enough to come home today. ?

Like you Jax we only have the papers on a Saturday. They seem to last us all week, with the supplements and puzzles. Dh will be doing his weekly paperound soon, for us and neighbours.

Pants raspberry and pear crumble sounds delicious. We have visitor
S coming this week, so I might give it a go.

A pleasant day to all. ?

brook2704 Sat 22-Aug-20 07:24:58

Good morning everyone from a sunny and slightly less windy Cambridge. Yesterday I took my youngest DGS to the Botanical Gardens and he had a lovely time just running on the grass and playing hide and seek in the bushes. Today we’re all off for a day out to the coast somewhere ?.

Hope your DS is feeling much better soon grandmattie what a worrying time.

Apologies I missed your birthday yesterday oppsadaisy I hope you had a lovely day!

Safe travels maydonoz !

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Lins1066 Sat 22-Aug-20 07:32:58

Good Morning Mick and all from a soggy S Welsh coast. Heavy showers in the night which kept me awake. The wind blew our kidney beans over and there are a lot of leaves in the garden.
Local fruit and veg delivery this morning. Have a good day and stay safe.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 22-Aug-20 07:39:00

Good morning Mick and all

Sunny, warm and slight breeze here in S E Essex.

Hopefully DH and our neighbour can replace the water filter in my fridge today (I shall keep well out of the way) and they are then going to investigate the underneath of my washing machine as it appears to be leaking, I had a pool of water on the laundry floor the other day. No doubt the Waitrose delivery will arrive amid the above!!!!

Wishing you all a peaceful and less blustery Saturday.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Beauregard Sat 22-Aug-20 07:39:35

Good morning everyone from sunny Derbyshire. Early start today to collect a bag of horse feed and some other bits from agricultural merchants. Then open air bacon butties with the family cooked on a gas burner by SIL. After that we're digging up potatoes, onions and picking French beans, courgettes and broccoli. This afternoon we'll watch horse racing, then later try out a new recipe for a chicken tray bake. At some point I'll be out in the garden to assess the damage done to my flowers by the strong winds yesterday. Have a lovely day.

kittylester Sat 22-Aug-20 07:42:40

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

Sorry I missed your birthday oops, I hope you had a good day.

I also missed news about your son, gm, that sounds a bit serious. I hope he is well enough to come home today.

I'm going for a consultation with a new hairdresser today. Scary!!

MellowYellow Sat 22-Aug-20 07:46:06

Morning from a dark, wet, autumnal south Cornwall. I feel for the visitors with small children who can't enjoy the beach in this weather. Hoping my usual Saturday market book stall will be there though I didn't hear the clanking of marquee poles as I usually would when it's being constructed.

Felt like a teenager yesterday. Dyed some white jeans grey, they look great! Memories of tie-dying all sorts of things.... hippy chick. grin

Better limp to the allotment and see if anything's left standing after the storm. Otherwise just a relaxed reading/film day. (Our cinema has re-opened, may take a peek.)

Have a good day everyone who can.

Urmstongran Sat 22-Aug-20 08:07:17

Sun’s up here! ??
Good morning everyone from Malaga ? where it’s going to be a super-hot one! 41°C is forecast and a Spanish lady in the gardens yesterday said this was ‘mini-terral’. A spike in temperature (yesterday was 38°C) and back to a normal 32°C tomorrow. It will be hotter up there in the campo where you are Pantglas!

Himself is off to watch the Rangers match at 4pm here in a sports bar. One of the blokes flew back home to Glasgow yesterday - he was out here on holiday for 3 weeks with his family so today it’s back to just themselves. That said there’s apparently a good crowd in the bar and they always enjoy the banter!

My lovely neighbour is taking me out for a meal at teatime. We will just go downstairs to Juan’s as she is finding the heat unbearable these days now she is elderly. She says she thinks her internal thermostat is on the blink!

She wants to treat me as a thank you for all the meals I plate up for her, especially during lockdown - however I only do a cooked dinner on Tuesday’s now. It’s also my birthday next week and she wants us to celebrate it together as she’s hoping to sell her apartment soon and once she’s back in Harrogate she thinks we will lose touch. Fat chance - it’s not that far from Manchester!

Hope Saturday is kind to us all and that your son is discharged from hospital today grandMattie. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Marydoll Sat 22-Aug-20 08:09:32

Good morning all from a grey Glasgow, at least it's not raining.
I'm fed up with this poor summer, most of my summer clothes will be packed away, still unworn.

As I take so long to type, could I please send my good wishes to anyone who has a birthday, anniversary of is new!! By the time I post, there are so many posts.?
Gone are the days when I was usually second or third to post.
Mick, I'm really curious to know what your intended purchase is.
Grandmattie, I hope your son is on the mend and you get back to your cheery self very soon.

Everyone seems to be out and about. I'm still having to be very careful, especially now after having no Covid cases in our are, there have been a number of cases in various schools near us, in the last few days..
What concerns me is that one of my friends is the HT in one of the schools with cases and she herself has RA and diabetes, so vulnerable.

I plan to watch James Martin in peace, as DD won't be making her usual visit. They had a stressful journey home in torrential rain from their honeymoon yesterday, as both the Rest and be Thankful Road and the alternative, route Old Military Road, were closed for safety reasons.
They had a sixty mile detour and Iwas anxiously waiting to hear that they were home safely.

Our lovely postman has fallen and broken his arm badly. in two places, so for the first time in ages, I will be doing some crafting to make a ^ Get well soon card^.
His wife was my DGDs nursery teacher, who had such a soft spot for her.
I put some pouches of Quality Street and Roses on my Tesco order, to send him a couple as a treat.
When my order arrived, they had been substituted for tubs, charged at the pouch price!!!
Well done Tesco!!!

Wishing everyone a pleasant day and enjoy your trip, ,*marydonoz*.

Sar53 Sat 22-Aug-20 08:13:40

Good morning from Leamington where it is a mixture of sun and cloud and still quite windy.
A busy day was had by all yesterday, meeting new classmates, visiting new schools and filming the results of a week's acting course.
Today we have football practice for the 8 year old and the 11 year old is meeting up with a new friend. I'm not sure us adults will be doing much. I think a BBQ is on the cards for later if the rain holds off.
Have a lovely Saturday and stay safe everyone xx

Grammaretto Sat 22-Aug-20 08:23:59

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is cold.
In usual years the Edinburgh Festival would be happening and at this point, 3rd week, we would likely be taking people to watch the Tattoo armed with rugs and hipflasks. One year the choir watched a poor Japanese tourist, wearing shorts and sandals for a Summer's evening, getting drenched with rain and shivering.

DS is coming out to see us today and DD possibly too. They are worried about their dad.

I hope your DS is well enough to come home today Grandmattie
Have a nice weekend everyone whatever you get up to.

harrigran Sat 22-Aug-20 08:25:49

Good morning from a much calmer NE.
DH has left to get the newspapers.
Saw photo of GD2 with her surf board and wet suit on, she was also wearing her Harry Potter pom pom hat, that is what I call confidence.
No plans for today.

Susan56 Sat 22-Aug-20 08:33:38

Good morning from Shropshire where it is raining and still quite breezy.

DGD is going home today,she probably won’t stay again until half term now.We are going to collect DD and Henry and will go for a drive up the coast .Hopefully we will get to Llandudno but weather and crowds dependant.

Hope your son gets to come home today Grandmattie.

Have a good day all and best wishes to our absent goodmorningers.

Pittcity Sat 22-Aug-20 08:46:22

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester.
Having a quiet day today before 2 dgs arrive tomorrow to stay for a week. Naturally next week's weather forecast is wet.
I am the opposite of Marydoll in that my Summer clothes have been worn to death, even on windy and rainy days it's been very warm here.

Grandmabatty Sat 22-Aug-20 08:46:35

Good morning All. It's cool and bright in Polmont. I think today will be housework and baking. I'm expecting a phone call from a friend who is still teaching and has just had the first full week back. Lots of spraying of desks, only six allowed in the staff base at a time and staggered breaks. A very different experience which I'm glad to have missed. I hope everyone has a good Saturday.

NannyJan53 Sat 22-Aug-20 08:58:03

Good Morning from a bright but very windy Black Country.

Off for a small family gathering this afternoon in DD's garden for DGD's 12th birthday (which was Thursday). Just hoping the rain keeps away.

I was invited to take a Covid test a week ago by Imperial College London (apparently totally random selection) It has just arrived this morning, so bracing myself to do it! As we are away tomorrow until Friday, I will leave it until we are home as you have to contact a courier to collect.

Sorry to hear about your Postman Marydoll, but what a lovely thing to do for him. We seem to have a different one every week, so never know who they are.

Are you new Beauregard ? If so welcome to this thread. It sounds like you have a very busy day ahead

Wishing everyone a good Saturday, and I hope your DS is quickly on the mend and will be home soon grandMattie

Anniebach Sat 22-Aug-20 09:02:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Gelisajams Sat 22-Aug-20 09:05:48

Good morning from a windy damp Morecambe Bay. DH is braving the weather and I’m having a lazy morning so far.
Sorry to hear about your son Grandnmattie Hope he’s feeling better with treatment. My DS3 is high functioning autistic and nothing goes right for him whereas his 2 brothers seem to have a charmed life, so I empathise with your concerns about him.
Not sure what today holds, though the thought of a pear and raspberry crumble sounds very appealing Pantglas so I’ll have to get some raspberries!
Take care and stay safe everyone ?