Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Sun 23-Aug-20 06:16:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Up early as usual, its looking clear and dry out there this morning here in Brackley .
Interesting day yesterday, did Buckingham and Bicester , on the buses usual routine .
Went into my cafe in Buckingham , as I seemed to become a familiar face , I did not have to say much , the coffee brought to table ordered a sarnie , felt like I was getting some preference but drank and ate paid and left .The dealer I usually get things from on the flea market again was not there mind she sells maps and old tourist guides ,and with a slight wind these would be subject to blowing away .
Take care ,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 23-Aug-20 06:22:51

Good morning from dry, bright E Kent. Yet another dry, warm day. It would be nice to get some rain...
No real news from DS2 who’s still in hospital. Apparently, they don’t really know what is wrong and want more tests on Monday. He says he’s feeling better than he has for a long while, so obviously what ails him has become chronic. He is angry, bored and very hungry! Hey ho.
Another boring day for me too. Usual stuff. Cooking, sewing, TV - cleaning today because DS 1 is teaching all day from tomorrow so we can’t make too much noise... he can’t get a visa for India yet, so is working from here!
Have a good day, stay safe.

Pantglas2 Sun 23-Aug-20 06:27:32

Morning all from still dark Spain where the chamberpot ☕️ has been emptied ?

A quiet day recovering from a late night but might pop out to watch the football this evening- or maybe not! Hope you had a nice day in Llandudno, Susan56 - not sure the weather was too kind!

Have a peaceful Sunday folks - I’ll pop in later to see what your plans are x

Beechnut Sun 23-Aug-20 07:06:30

Good Morning everyone from a dry Severnside. Looks like it might be a reasonable day.

I’ll do some washing and might tackle some weeding in the front garden . There is some bindweed. I think it came from next door originally so as they have been doing some digging and replanting they may have got rid of it. We’ll see as the tiniest bit left will make a new one.

Have a good Sunday all and enjoy what you do ?

cornergran Sun 23-Aug-20 07:17:19

Morning Mick, morning All from a calmer corner of Somerset, heavy rain forecast later. Happy to swap weather grandMattie, sunshine would be very welcome here. Hope for some positive news about your son soon. Quiet day for us today, we’re both weary, grey-sky-itis I think. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Susan56 Sun 23-Aug-20 07:44:48

Good morning from Shropshire where the rain has stopped but forecast to return later.

We didn’t get as far as Llandudno Pantglas as the children were both fed up of being in the car ie screaming?We stopped at Gwrych castle near Abergele,never been there before but it was interesting and the views were fantastic.Apparently I’m a Celebrity is going to take place there this year.

Today we are meeting my brother and sister in law for lunch.We haven’t seen them since last September.

Hope your son gets more positive news and some answers tomorrow grandMattie.

Grammaretto,hope your DH had a better night.

Have a good day all and good wishes to all with illness and worries.

Gingster Sun 23-Aug-20 07:48:41

Good morning all and it’s a greyish start here on the Suffolk coast.

My neighbour took me to see her sons house which is a barn conversion. Really beautifully done in 2 acres of land. He rebuilt most of it himself and has lots of refurbished outbuildings too.

Three of us had tea and scones in our summerhouse and discussed the recent disappearance of another neighbours garden furniture. They don’t live there permanently and have hardly been here since lockdown. We live right on the beach so it’s open with easy access for’ ne’re-do-wells’ . We must keep our eyes open. ?

I’m off to the cinema this afternoon to see Summerland. The first time I’ve ventured there. I’ve been told it’s very well organised and safe. I looked at the seating plan and only 6 seats have been booked. We really must start using these places otherwise they will be forced to close.

Hope they find out what’s ailing your son grandmattie . No one likes being in hospital, especially when you’re feeling better.

A pleasant day to all. That’s all we can hope for. ?

QuaintIrene Sun 23-Aug-20 07:53:34

Good morning everyone.
Just got back from taking my neighbours dog for a walk. It rained very heavily in the night, we were both muddy after the first few steps along the greenway, but it was good to get out anyway.
Big cat is enjoying her breakfast after being a bit under the weather. I was beginning to get a bit worried.
I had plans to finish clearing the little bedroom out. Another couple of hours should do it, but I seem to have lost my enthusiasm. When it’s done I will just find something else to do and so it goes on.
If anyone suffers from insomnia may I suggest melatonin tablets ? Bought from Amazon, cheap as anything. By gum, they are little marvels. No fuzziness or dry mouth either.
Time to make another pot of coffee and start on the books that were delivered yesterday. Opening a new book feels so luxurious!
Love to all who are ill or troubled, and have the best day everyone ???

Marydoll Sun 23-Aug-20 08:02:34

Good morning all from a cool Glasgow. I do like an Autumn morning, but I would have liked a summer first!!

Grandmattie, what a worry for you, I hope your son gets some answers soon. Are you allowed in to visit him to bring supplies?
When I was just married over forty years ago, I was very ill in hospital and losing weight fast. Much to everyone's surprise, the very strict ward sister, suggested that my husband brought me in a fish supper ? to tempt me to eat!?

I've not been feeling too well for the last few days and my angina, for some reason, has been playing up. It's all been a bit scary. My plan today is to do nothing, apart from watching the online service from our church and wade through the Sunday Times.

Dinner is all ready, as I made roast chicken with stuffing yesterday, except that there is little stuffing!☹️ I went out to the garden to cut some from my substantial herb garden and the parsley had died off.? Every other pot was abundant with herbs, but no parsley. ? It's all very strange.

Welcome to all the newbies and hoping my fellow patients have a good day.

Wishing you all a pleasant Sunday.

Grandmabatty Sun 23-Aug-20 08:10:02

Good morning All. It's a nice, bright morning in Polmont. Clouds and sun in equal measure. I have shopping to do this morning, then the rest of the day is my own. I had a surprise visit from dd and gds yesterday which is always a joy. I love to spend time with them. Then ds contacted us last night to suggest a couple of nights in a holiday house, if he can sort it out, for the extended family, later in the year. That sounds great too, and he's doing the organising so I no longer need to. It would be nice to have something to look forward to. I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Grandmabatty Sun 23-Aug-20 08:11:45

I hope your angina subsides marydoll. Take care.

kittylester Sun 23-Aug-20 08:25:05

Morning all from a bright ish North Leicestershire.

We aim to go for a walk this morning if it doesn't rain. We have roast beef lunches ordered for delivery and then we may watch a film.

Take it easy Marydoll, I hope you feel better today.

Sar53 Sun 23-Aug-20 08:28:17

Good morning from my last day in Leamington. DD1 and I had a couple of hours in town yesterday afternoon sans enfants. We came home and had a BBQ then DD1 and SIL went out on their own for a few hours, it's always good to make use of me whilst I am here.
I'm not sure what today brings. SIL is out all day on a bread making course so we may take the girls out for a long walk.
Kind thoughts to anyone with illness or sadness.
Have a lovely Sunday and stay safe everyone xx

Grammaretto Sun 23-Aug-20 08:36:25

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's much the same as grandmabatty's weather!
We had a lovely day yesterday, warm windy sunshine all day and visits from DS and DD with partners and DGC.
I set the DGC to harvesting potatoes, beans and peas and podding. I know its a cliche but I think their DP were surprised at the excitement as each golden tattie emerged from the black earth. Then ofcourse we had to cook and eat them.
A quiet day today.
DH had a better night.
I hope your DS finds what the problem is soon GrandMattie it's such a worry.
Marydoll enjoy your restful day.

Auntieflo Sun 23-Aug-20 08:37:30

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. It started off sunny here, but now it's clouded over a bit.
We shall listen to our Church service after breakfast, and then
DD and SIL are coming to lunch. They are bringing our new TV.
I am not happy about it, as the shop would have delivered and installed it. But, DH couldn't wait a few more days, and we 'had words' . All is well now, but.....
Later I shall go to the garden centre and get a bag of bark mulch, for my newly planted Acer.
I have only got to whip the cream for the trifle topping, make some stuffing for the pork and cook some tiny new potatoes. Feeling hungry already.
Marydoll, sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell, so please take care of yourself and do nothing for a few days.
sending best wishes to all who are under the weather.

Have a good day, one and all.

CherryCezzy Sun 23-Aug-20 08:38:14

Good morning Mick and everybody. Consistent colour palette in the Gower this morning; swapsies grandMattie?

Good to hear that your DS is feeling better, even though he's still stuck in hospital grandMattie. The doctors will get to the root of the matter for him.

It'll be wonderful to see your DB and Sil after almost a year Susan. Enjoy your lunch.

Marydoll maybe you have done a bit too much this week, out shopping etc. after all these months confined. Take it easy today and hopefully it will settle.

It was an interesting afternoon yesterday if you like cricket ?. My WP loves it and so do our friends ?. The apple pie went down well.

Some non artistic artwork for me today I think, I'll be a cricket widow again.

Have a good Sunday everyone, be kind to yourselves ❤️

GrannySomerset Sun 23-Aug-20 08:42:03

Best get the day started because we have young relatives coming to lunch on their way to Wales for a short holiday. Baked salmon with new potatoes and salad, and a strawberry and raspberry pavlova. The meringue base was made last night so need to inspect it and hope it looks respectable. Had hoped we could have lunch outside but it looks cloudy and quite breezy so probably not. Suddenly feels quite autumnal, which is depressing.

Thinking of our many posters who are finding life tough and hoping today is as good as it can be.

harrigran Sun 23-Aug-20 08:43:26

Good morning from a dull and overcast NE.
The heating came on this morning so the bedroom and bathroom are very cosy.
A day with the newspapers beckons.
Family still on holiday.

aggie Sun 23-Aug-20 08:45:52

Good Morning all , glad I came o check the day , I thought it was Saturday ! Antibiotics are making me sleepy and I had to be up early to swallow one so as to fit on 4 well distanced !
Looking out to the patio I am happy to see the Agapanthus I planted , this is the first time they have flowered , I was going to dig them up but ran out of energy
Thinking of all poorly and worried xxx

Greyduster Sun 23-Aug-20 08:47:35

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The South Yorkshire weather can’t make its mind up this morning. The sun keeps trying to fight its way through. We are going for a walk if it stays dry, and then I hope to get on with the rag rug I am making. I have another row to put in the border and then I have to decide what is going in the middle, so I will have to look at my material stash and see what suggests itself. It’s bigger than I usually tackle so I’m hoping it’ll be a project that will last me into the winter. Roast chicken for dinner, and strawberries and ice cream. Have a happy Sunday, all!

Anniebach Sun 23-Aug-20 08:48:22

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nannytopsy Sun 23-Aug-20 08:54:02

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
A mix of blue sky and clouds in Suffolk, still with a stiff breeze. I want to do some gardening today and harvest some veg for the roast pork dinner tonight. Sis iL is a pescatarian who enjoys meat when she goes to someone else’s house. So it’s roast pork etc tonight!
I hope you are feeling better today Marydoll and that the day is kind to everyone.

Jaxjacky Sun 23-Aug-20 09:06:37

Good Morning Mick and everyone. Up to a very damp drizzly Hants, sun now peeking through, it was a touch chilly last evening though.
A lazy day looms, but we have to measure the kitchen prior to a video meeting with Wren on Tuesday, most companies are now doing this, I’m assuming they do actually come out at some point. Boiler man tomorrow to replace a faulty timer part, this was picked up on the recent service, what an exciting life!!
Have the best day you can all.

brook2704 Sun 23-Aug-20 09:09:25

Good morning everyone from a sunny warm Cambridge where it’s a mix of white and blue sky and still much warmer than I’m used to. We had a lovely day out at the coast yesterday, we’d taken all the usual beach stuff for the children to play with but when we arrived the tide was already quite far in and not much sandy beach left. But we did manage to find a sheltered spot and the DGC had a great time splashing in the waves and building sandcastles. We rounded the day off with a takeaway curry and all fell asleep exhausted !
Not sure yet what’s planned for today, DD1 is off to the gym this morning and I think we’ve got a Sunday brunch lined up for later ...
I hope your DS continues to improve a bit grandmattie and he gets a quick diagnosis of whatever is troubling him
Sorry to hear you’ve not been feeling too well marydoll hope you get a nice restful day and you feel a bit better soon
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

NannyJan53 Sun 23-Aug-20 09:11:42

Good Morning from a cloudy Black Country.

We were lucky with the weather yesterday in DD's garden, it rained once for a minute. It was fairly sunny for most of the afternoon albeit a tad windy sometimes. We were sitting outside until 8pm though before we went home.

Away later today until Friday in the caravan, as we are going to The Forest of Dean. Fingers crossed for not too much
rain.

Hope you feel better today Marydoll and best wises to your Ds grandMattie