Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Tue 25-Aug-20 06:11:55

Good Morning Everyone,
A dull and wet start here in Brackley this morning , I will pursue my usual routine today .
Buses to Buckingham and Bicester , but also some housework and hopefully get my haircut today .
A few coffees, whilst out and a snack .
Take Care ,
Mick

Gelisajams Tue 25-Aug-20 08:27:04

Good morning from a wild wet windy Morecambe Bay. Not much planned for today as yesterday’s gardening was hard work! We we intending to go away In our camper for a couple of days next week but I need to cancel, and perhaps rearrange as we have a funeral to go to instead. It’s just DH’s aunt who I hardly know but it’s important to DH as he spent a lot of time with her as a child. I usually support him in these things but I haven’t decided whether to accompany him or not. I don’t think there will be permitted 20 or so there, so that won’t affect my decision. It just seems crazy attending a funeral when we have been so cautious for 6 months.
Stay safe everyone and take care ?

Marydoll Tue 25-Aug-20 08:28:33

Good morning all from a dark and wet Glasgow. I'm glad of a day at home, as yesterday was quite eventful.

Yesterday was injection day. I always dread it, not because it's painful, it is, but it's awkward to do.☹️ As we were going out, DH was getting impatient and when he says, just take your time, it of course makes me worse.
Well a I made a right mess of it. There was I flapping about, trying to hold my top up and stop the blood running down my stomach!!
I called DH and asked him to get an elastoplast, or dressing, of which I have many. After flapping about, he came back with a pirate elastoplast! The last time it was a Frozen one.
This is why I have a script pinned to the notice board and a bright yellow hospital bag, if DH ever has to call for medical help. ? DH is not good in a crisis!

We set of down the coast route, the view was stunning. I was glancing at GN on my phone, when I was excited so see I had a PM.
It was the one and only really nasty PM, I've ever received.
The PM was about my daughter's recent wedding.?
It totally ruined the day I had been so looking forward to.
When I got home, I reported it to HQ, who responded immediately and dealt with it.
I'm so used to receiving friendly PMs , that it floored me.
Copying the PM to the wedding thread, I wanted to shame the poster, who is a regular poster. I wouldn't resort to naming the poster, but I was sorely tempted. ?
Thank you everyone and HQ who kindly supported me.

On arriving at the garden centre, with beautiful views across the Tail O' The Bank, we found it was heaving.
Disappointingly, they had little stock and what was there was dying. It was so sad to see such a thriving business decimated by Covid.
I always like a wander round, as they have beautiful furniture, but we avoided that section, it was so cramped..

A sortie into Largs wasn't any more successful. It was like a bank holiday weekend and there were no parking spaces. huge sigh. You will not be surprised to hear, I only managed to go into two shops, before anxiety took over. I was shocked that no- one was following the direction markers on the floor, nor observing social distancing and wearing masks below noses.? The worst culprits were elderly people, who should be taking more care! It's well seen I haven't been out properly in civilisation for months. ?
This a right cheery post, isn't it? ?

The plan today is to print out my DDs wedding photos to put in a silver frame I bought yesterday. My son in law's sister in law loves to write and send letters, so I'm going to write to her and enclose a few photos.

Hoping that your son gets home today GM and those feeling unwell manage a restful day. That's what I plan to do. If you believe that, you will believe anything.?
For those spending time with grandchildren and family, enjoy!

Beauregard Tue 25-Aug-20 08:35:54

Good morning all from rainy Derbyshire. We're going to Bakewell today for a five mile walk! Not sure about the wisdom of that at the moment, but we've already booked a table for lunch after the walk under the Eat Out to Help Out scheme, so we don't want to miss out on that, otherwise we probably wouldn't go today.

I won't feel like doing much else when we get back, I'll just check my greenhouse later and hope my outdoor plants aren't damaged in the wind.

Have a good day.

Beauregard Tue 25-Aug-20 08:44:58

Marydoll
Sorry to hear about the nasty PM you received. It must have been so upsetting. Hope you're feeling better today. flowers

gillybob Tue 25-Aug-20 08:47:29

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another miserable summers winters day with high winds and very heavy rain. Its so dark I've had to put all the lights on and will no doubt have to put the heating on tonight.

My car had to go into the garage at 08.00 am so I decided to just walk to "this place" after dropping it off which is normally only a 15-20 minute walk. The rain is so heavy I am still soaked to the skin and it will be a L....O.....N.....G day.

I am shocked and disgusted that anyone would send you a nasty PM Marydoll what on earth for? What have you ever said or done to upset someone like that and to target your daughters wedding ???? I'm speechless. So glad that HQ have dealt with it for you. angry

Thinking about our missing friends and those poorly or struggling too. Wishing for some much needed sunshine

Have as good a Tuesday as possible , love Gillybob xx

GrannyGravy13 Tue 25-Aug-20 08:48:13

Marydoll I am sorry to learn that you had a nasty PM, have they been banned ?

I cannot understand why some people are only happy when they are being unkind ? I can only assume that they are very unhappy in real life.

grandMattie Tue 25-Aug-20 08:48:44

Oh, Marydoll, what a horrible thing to happen. I trust the PM person is banned for a while. Such attacks are so discombobulating, unnecessary and unkind, no wonder your day out was ruined.
I hope today Is nicer. Do things to take your mind off your injection and distress, but nothing very physical. I’m not holding my breath... ?

Nortsat Tue 25-Aug-20 08:50:20

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a wet East London.

I slept like a log last night, as we had to drive to West London yesterday, to collect something. Almost 2 hours each way. I had to stay in the car (still shielding) and we didn’t stop anywhere for a coffee. My poor partner was really tired and was asleep on the sofa by 9.15.

What a shame the weather has turned, for all the people having UK holidays this week.

Grandmattie hoping your son is making good progress.
Best wishes to Marydoll after yesterday’s unpleasantness.
Good wishes to Bluesapphire and Dragonfly.
Hello to Puzzler61, who doesn’t seem to have posted here, in a little while (though I may have just missed her).
Have a good day all, ?

travelsafar Tue 25-Aug-20 08:58:25

Good morning all. Off to visit a friend this morning and not looking forward to the drive in this weather. We havent seen each other seen before lockdown and was planning to sit in her garden but not sure how we will work it out when i get there. I know if i cancel she will be so upset. Luckily she has a large kitchen with a big table so we can sit either end.

Normally on a day like this i would hunker down at home and spend the day knitting and watching TV after doing a couple of chores. Love the winter afternoons when i can do this without feeling guilty about not working in the garden or going out for a walk. smile

Marydoll Tue 25-Aug-20 09:02:28

The poster hasn't been banned , just spoken to. I know this because I noticed them posting last night, bold as brass!.
I don't know this poster at all, so I'm puzzled as to why she would target me.

Anyway, time to move on to the next disaster.?

Gingster Tue 25-Aug-20 09:07:02

Can’t believe some people can be so nasty. To what purpose? Jealousy? Obviously got a chip on their shoulder. Marydoll .
What a shame it spoiled your day. Hope the person concerned is ashamed.

mumofmadboys Tue 25-Aug-20 09:10:37

Good morning all from wet and windy Cumbria. I did my usual cycle ride earlier today to try and avoid the wind. I was back by 8.15 and now lazing in a hot bath with a cuppa. Meeting an old friend for lunch in Kirby Lonsdale with DH today. You made me laugh Marydoll at the thought of your pirate plaster! I am so sorry someone sent an unwelcome PM. How very odd! Says more about them than you. I hope they see fit to apologise. Have a good day all . Glad your son is so much better Grandmattie.

Urmstongran Tue 25-Aug-20 09:12:25

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

Boy it was humid last night! We were sat n the balcony at 4am with a brew enjoying what cool wafts of air there were.
Consequently we slept in. The joys of retirement.

Tuesday = my ladies ‘who wine’ afternoon. Yay! ???

Chilli in the slow cooker so it’s an easy dish up this evening (always sensible!) and just ping pots of rice in the microwave. Fine dining at its best.
?

I’ll make our coffee and sit down to read all your posts in a minute.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all and that your angina is easing off Marydoll. Hoping too that you’ve secured that big order gillybob. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Greyduster Tue 25-Aug-20 09:16:30

A late good morning, Michael and all GNs from a very wet South Yorkshire! We had a very busy day yesterday here yesterday and I was beat last night. Not a lot to do today, though. DH wants to look at booking a holiday cottage for next year. I don’t want to think that far ahead! I think I’ll lock myself away with the ironing board and let him get on with it!
Marydoll?.
Have a good day folks

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 25-Aug-20 09:16:41

Morning all from a very wet South Notts, such a contrast to the sunshine of yesterday. I'm hoping to go out for lunch with my brother and his wife - they will be moving to the North East on Friday, quite a distance.

I can't understand how anyone can send a nasty PM Marydoll there are some weird people about, aren't there? Rarely I get a PM from here and I always feel little uneasy in case it's unpleasant. Just remember that they are the ones with the problem, not you.

Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with illness or worries.

harrigran Tue 25-Aug-20 09:18:22

Good morning from a dark and rainy NE.
I was supposed to be having my hair done at home this morning but signs suddenly appeared in the street to say that this part of the estate will be closed to traffic from today. I had to phone hairdresser and reschedule as she would not be able to park nearby.
We are going to have the road resurfaced but no workmen have turned up yet.
I am expecting two parcels today, I paid extra for express delivery and they will not be able to get to the door either.
I am disgusted to hear about the PM Marydoll, I hope the writer has had the sense to b****r off.
Take care everyone.

Nannytopsy Tue 25-Aug-20 09:30:51

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s pouring down here in Suffolk too and DS and family are camping for the week. ?
New dishwasher arrives today but no idea when. Shopping to do for someone else, marrow chutney to make and a pile of ironing. That should keep me busy ?
I got some plants in and transplanted others yesterday, so the rain should get them going.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Tue 25-Aug-20 09:32:19

Kitty your roof is leaking again?? I thought that was fixed and decorated. I am guessing you are not happy!

Froglady Tue 25-Aug-20 09:38:58

Foul day here in Blackburn - raining and windy. Won't go out anywhere today (can't go on a bus at the moment as we're in lockdown and you're only supposed to do that if it's an essential journey).
Sorry Marydoll about your nasty PM - if people can't say something out loud, then they shouldn't say it at all; cowardly thing to do.

Grandmafrench Tue 25-Aug-20 09:39:32

Good Morning everyone! Hot and blue here in S of ??. (Hope it’s ok to say that in the light - or maybe darkness - of wind and horizontal rain reported in the UK). It’ll pass, the sun will appear and you’ll all be pleased with the renewed growth in your gardens...but for now, keep those hatches battened. And Kitty, hope your roof man arrives in a trice, since rain should be limited to outside only!

First off, I’m going to PM you, Marydoll. Stating that here so no one can be in any doubt about my intentions!

I don’t want to turn this enviable thread into something else this morning, so I will not run on other than to say this. Along with most of the kind souls who post on here, I would say that if I had anything to say to you - possibly because I was a spiteful, bitter, jealous and resentful soul who just wanted to suck the life out of someone else’s little pleasures - I’d be inclined to say it to you publicly. That takes some courage, however, and honesty......something else that we can all see was missing from what you showed us ...... and of course there would be the fear that everyone else would instantly be made aware of my feelings and my true character.

But you do get bad apples which need to be discarded before they spoil everything else. So, let it just float past you now. Your life, your plans, your family, your happiness. No need to explain a thing. And make sure you enjoy each happy day!

Everything crossed for your DS GrandMattie. The reasons for his hospitalization need to be resolved before he can worry about his work! You tell him...naughty boy! Hope you feel more positive.

gilly hope the N.E. Tourist Board never get to see your weather reviews on this thread! They’d be shocked (or ashamed). Sending you buckets of sunshine and crossed fingers for the waiting game to end.

I’m tired today, largely because I followed the recommendation of a poster - I think a Gran/was it even on this thread (?) and watched Diarmuid Gavin’s Gardening Together’ programme. Unfortunately, it was late when I located it on BBC I player. 4 programmes later and 01.45 hrs I dragged myself away and went to bed! Bad idea, but lovely escapist gardening stuff, all centered in Ireland - and the scenery, wow !

Today, the dreaded shop. Friends for lunch tomorrow. Getting through everyone 2 at a time and socially distanced, at this rate will possibly mean I’ll be cooking for chums for some months yet. Lovely though, and wonderful to see them. Must learn not to shed tears when they arrive - it seems to be my new response to no hugs/kisses. Ah well, we shall soldier on. As long as we’re well that’s what counts.

Take care all you GMers and wishing you the best of days.
Hugs from France ?????

Grammaretto Tue 25-Aug-20 09:41:52

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is 'orrible outside. I'm very glad to be staying in today. Yoga on zoom. A committee meeting on zoom. Other exercise could be hoovering.

Pigeons have been eating the putty on the roof window thus allowing the rain in. boody birds

My sister has asked if she can come to stay and I am not happy about a visit at this time. Why can't people understand that staying at home is a good thing? The virus doesn't move - the people do.
I will have to discourage her gently without antagonising her. Is there a Tact thread?

I hate that you received a nasty PM Marydoll. When I see a PM , I do wonder what I have written to offend someone and am then usually relieved when it's not that at all.

Thanks to you all for your news and weather forecasts. I am glad that your DS is coming out of hospital Grandmattie and hope he is much better.

ShazzaKanazza Tue 25-Aug-20 09:42:36

Good morning all and it’s a definate day in with my special needs GS.
Made him a cosy blanket den where he can go and relax during the day. The garden is looking super green to look out onto. Enjoy your day everyone x

EllanVannin Tue 25-Aug-20 09:44:48

Good Morning All x
It's well to see we're heading into winter ! It's been atrocious for a good part of the night as I woke up at 05.00 hearing the rain lashing down and hitting the windows like pebbles.
By the time these winds have finished there'll be no leaves left to turn golden---no trees left either. My poor oleanders which have been in full flower lately, will be no more--I haven't looked yet sad

Phoned D yesterday, who was in a hurry shopping for school uniforms some of which the children had outgrown in 6 months ! Anyway their visit to Durham didn't start as planned first thing Saturday. She rang for a taxi to take them to Lime st station---no taxi arrived so she set to, checked the fuel in her car etc,. bundled the 3 children in and set off on their 3 hour journey----with 4 wasted return train tickets .

However they got there in one piece but if I'd known this on Saturday, I'd have been a crumbling wreck with worry over the weekend. I can do without shocks like that, though she enjoys driving and it's a big powerful car, it still remains a worry. Apparently it was a Godsend because the Travel-lodge would have been much further from the station this time.

I have to now brace myself for future car journey's there shock At least the children cleaned and hoovered inside the car after wrappers and crumbs adorned the inside. D was seemingly pleased at having half a tank of diesel left, saying that it only cost around £40 for nearly 300 miles ( round trip )

How awful to receive nastiness Marydoll. There must be one tetchy old hag somewhere----rise above it girl x

I need to replenish the cat food so will venture out later and hope to remain upright grin I'll make do with bacon, egg, sausage and fried toms today, already in the fridge.
Beyond the local shop, I'll be staying put.

Glad I got my electric bill sorted. A bit of a difference between £130 and £59 ! I don't like being diddled.

Thoughts to all who aren't too clever and also to our absent grans x flowers

Take care in these winds and stay safe.xx

Kalu Tue 25-Aug-20 09:55:21

Good morning all from a dreich day in Glasgow where it is bucketing down! Yesterday was full of sunshine, washing out, alfresco lunch, now this.

I had no idea until just now about a nasty PM you have received Marydoll. Whoever this coward was knew they would be slated had they posted such nastiness for all to see.

We had a tiler booked for this morning to renew the old shabby looking tiles at the porch entrance, front and steps at the back. No surprise it is cancelled until weather conditions are more obliging. ?‍♀️

Haven’t seen you posting for a while Bellasnana. Hope all is well with you ?

Best wishes to all for a good day.

CherryCezzy Tue 25-Aug-20 09:59:47

Good morning everyone. It lashed it down last night and it's still pretty windy this morning here in the Gower.

Dratted seizures kept me awy from posting yesterday and I had a dreadful night last night so I haven't read hardly any posts this morning.

I did, however, read your post when I was awake in the small hours Marydoll and am disgusted by the oblique snipe you received in a personal message ! Such uncalled for cruelty personified. A very dignified response from you on the other hand, a demonstration of your Grace; that capital is no mistake since I mean grace in the original sense.
Your DD's and now DSiL's wedding is what they wanted to do, the way they wanted to do it. It was an intimate, romantic and special day which you made possible for them ??

I hope your son is able to come home today grandMattie ?

Sorry I haven't read the messages from the rest of you, forgive me.

Be kind to each other and be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️