Gransnet forums

Chat

plenty of nuts around,but tommys in short supply

(49 Posts)
infoman Thu 27-Aug-20 14:02:50

Didn't want to post this,but as some one has posted that flour could be in short supply,heard on the radio that Tomato sauce could be in short supply.
To compensate though there will be plenty of nuts around.

TerriBull Fri 28-Aug-20 10:19:45

Thank you Neil, I didn't know that! I have been getting them previously, but not today. Never mind I'll survive without them smile

Probably not much chocolate these days Callistemon if you are referring to that particular brand, they're a bit mean with most of their products these days. Sadly we shouldn't have let Kraft get their hands on the nation's favourite chocolate, well mine at least even if didn't have the requisite percentage of cocoa solids to justify been called chocolate in the first place, anyway it's been going downhill ever since sad

Beanie654321 Fri 28-Aug-20 10:48:04

Thank you im off to shops to bulk buy flour and tomato sauce, ill leave the nuts until next week. Xxxx

inishowen Fri 28-Aug-20 10:48:43

Aepgirl. I couldnt agree more.

Juicylucy Fri 28-Aug-20 10:50:48

The tomato sauce story came from Wetherspoon pubs running out during the Eat out to Help out scheme. So they had to buy up bottles in there 100s but I didn’t get that there’s a long term shortage, just a blip in the shops.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 28-Aug-20 10:56:03

I noticed a flourishing hazelnut tree on a walk with the dog - will have to try to remember Where I saw it and see if they are ready for picking. If there is a tomato sauce shortage, then my family will suffer greatly!!

maddyone Fri 28-Aug-20 11:53:09

I’m not bothered about ketchup, but the grandchildren like it. Better get a new bottle then for the store cupboard.

Kim19 Fri 28-Aug-20 11:53:11

Have a daily dose of nuts. Some good news at last. Thanks.

leeds22 Fri 28-Aug-20 11:57:33

HP sauce for me.

Buttonjugs Fri 28-Aug-20 12:29:57

Well I for one am worried. My ASD son has ketchup on everything and he will struggle if we can’t get it.

maytime2 Fri 28-Aug-20 12:30:31

Talking of hazel nuts I enjoy the dark chocolate with hazel nuts sold in Aldi . They are the closest thing to the original Bourneville dark chocolate with roasted almonds that has n't been made for years, since before Cadburys was taken over.

TrixieB Fri 28-Aug-20 12:41:19

Oddly enough, I can’t buy Twinings tea in my area. Tried Morrison’s and Tesco. Strange for such a well known brand to disappear from the shelves.

Anyone else Twinings-less?

Rufus2 Fri 28-Aug-20 12:52:37

There are certainly plenty of nuts in my area
Esspee There you are! grin
The other day you asked about my whereabouts; answer Melbourne, but you never said where you were!
So where are all these nuts!? confused
OoRoo

Jillybird Fri 28-Aug-20 13:42:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rowyn Fri 28-Aug-20 14:47:15

if you;re short of nuts/flour/anything I've got a lot of fir cones available............

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 28-Aug-20 15:57:17

Absolutely loathe nuts with a passion so it doesn't bother me at all. I very rarely use ketchup or brown sauce either, phew. I just hope that fresh fruit and veg is still available, plus dairy which I don't think I could live without.

Marilii Fri 28-Aug-20 16:54:21

"Brown sauce" sounds interesting but I've never heard of brown sauce and therefore am not sure what it is. Is it a gravy or is it something different? Spaghetti sauce has become too salty for my tastes - and blood pressure - so another type of sauce to put on spaghetti, noodles, rice would be great to know about and make in place of tomato sauce. :-)

TheFrugalPiggy Fri 28-Aug-20 17:54:25

Lemongrove, sorry about the FF sandwich thing. They are so good though.

instagran Fri 28-Aug-20 21:39:19

Marilii. HP sauce is the one you need. Available from most supermarkets. Lovely spicy/fruity flavour and great with grilled breakfasts or sausage sandwiches!

Callistemon Fri 28-Aug-20 22:11:48

Sadly we shouldn't have let Kraft get their hands on the nation's favourite chocolate

I agree Terribull, and that woman in charge reneged on her promises.

B9exchange Fri 28-Aug-20 23:41:42

I have to confess to a new weakness, nuts eaten straight from the freezer! I had a bag in there left over from certain end of year celebrations, and got out a handful thinking I would defrost them for lunch, but tried nibbling one straight away, and they are wonderful, so crunchy!

Tomato ketchup you can have my allocation, can't abide the stuff!

sharon103 Sat 29-Aug-20 00:19:39

Kraft have ruined Cadbury's chocolate haven't they Callistemon, and Terribull.
I don't buy it. They've ruined the Roses, cream eggs, well, everything.
I used to love gnawing on a big bar of the proper chunky chocolate.

LightAmber Mon 31-Aug-20 09:49:29

TheFrugalPiggy

I love ketchup! What on earth will I put on my bread when I have a fish finger sandwich?

Tartare sauce. ?

TheFrugalPiggy Fri 04-Sep-20 17:01:45

Oh yes LightAmber I like that too!