Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Fri 28-Aug-20 06:14:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey , miserable and wet outside this morning in Brackley .
My usual Friday shop ,and maybe a trip to the bank, and then get a Fish & Chip takeaway .
I watched the Tour De France team presentation last night , a mixture of team introduction and entertainment between team presentations , the presence of the face mask both on and off the stage was noticeable, also watching the European cycle races from Plouay ,and roadside spectators had face masks , plus drivers of team cars .
Take Care ,
Mick

Beechnut Fri 28-Aug-20 06:23:25

Good Morning everyone. We have the same weather on Severnside as you Mick

I’ve my weekly shop to do this morning, then back home and maybe a few chores before my daughter comes over.

Have the best day you can all as there are a few worries for some of you ?

NannyJan53 Fri 28-Aug-20 06:40:48

Good Morning from a grey and dull Black Country.

Arrived home yesterday from our few days away in the caravan. It was too windy on Tuesday, so we decided not to travel to The Forest of Dean, so stayed on the campsite in Bewdley.

Housework and baking planned for today. Rain is forecast so doubt I will put any washing on.

Wishing you all a lovely day

Scentia Fri 28-Aug-20 06:46:32

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, grey and wet out there today.
Sorry about my miserable self yesterday, back to smiling whatever today. Taking DH car in for a service today, picking DGS up first to have some company for the day. Even though he is only 16 months old he is great company. I may have a look around Derby for a soft play centre that may be open.
Happy Days to you all, folks and stay safe❤️

grandMattie Fri 28-Aug-20 06:56:04

Good morning from grey, dry E Kent. Will it ever rain properly here? Not just a few showers here and there...
Overslept, waking up at 0630 instead of usual 0330 and waiting for a decent time to get up.
Glad to know you’re feeling more cheerful Scentia. I Love to play with toddlers. Unfortunately the odds of my having any more GCs are very slender.
Had a lovely lunch out with my friend. She’s about 84, still driving, still in possession of all her marbles and terrifically lively and fun.
I tried to get fabric in town but the only shop has less than my local haberdasher. I shall have to order online, probably from India as I want it to be indigo coloured.
Change beds today and that it the most exciting thing I’ve got on.
Be kind to yourselves y’all today and stay safe.

mumofmadboys Fri 28-Aug-20 06:57:00

Raining a lot in Cumbria too. Hope the weather picks up as setting off on Tuesday to walk the West Highland Way from near Glasgow to Fort William. Stay safe all.

Jaxjacky Fri 28-Aug-20 07:03:39

Good morning Mick and everyone, grey, damp Hants, forecast of storms later. So, the grass won’t get cut and had a blight warning email this morning, will inspect the toms later.
Trip to small M&S to pick up jeans and thermals later, Friday is pub night, catch up on village goings on.
Have a lovely day all if you can.

Susan56 Fri 28-Aug-20 07:10:04

Good morning from Shropshire.Another rainy day forecast.

DGD had a nightmare at 4am so have been in her bed since then.I am now wide awake,she is fast asleep!

DD2 and little family staying as well.We are planning to go to Llangollen if the rain isn’t too heavy.Its only a few miles away so can be home quickly if the weather gets too bad.

Have a good day all and thinking of all with illness and worries.

brook2704 Fri 28-Aug-20 07:19:18

Good morning everyone from a grey cloudy Cambridge with some more rain forecast for later.
I’ve had a lovely time staying at my daughters and having days out with the DGSs but I’ll be back in my own bed tonight and finding out what DH has been up to whilst I’ve been away!
mumofmadboys we walked the West Highland Way about 4 years ago it was brilliant but a bit hard going in places and slippery if wet - I‘m sure you’ll enjoy it!
Hope everyone has a lovely day today and enjoy whatever the day brings ?

Pantglas2 Fri 28-Aug-20 07:26:42

A late morning all from a bright and warm espana ?? where I’ve only just woken up - all those evening gallivants do catch up with me!

Another quiet day for us although we may meet up with friends for tapas later at a bar that has live music on a Friday.

Have a lovely day in Llangollen Susan56 - I recall a marvellous deli we frequented when I was working but the name escapes me!

Hope Urmstongran had a lovely birthday and Megs anniversary celebrations ? went well - will pop in to see Gillybob Friday girl later, always makes me ? and I’m retired!

Marydoll Fri 28-Aug-20 07:31:18

Good morning all from a grey Glasgow, the weather isn't looking too promising at all.

DH has been up since the crack of dawn, as he and his golfing partner have been offered a game of golf at a club some distance away. This of course means an empty!!!! ?

Me, the other golf widow and my friend across the road are having a catch up. They will keep an eye out for my Tesco delivery and then we are ready to go.
Now that the schools are back, it's been hard to catch up, as one of my friends still works part time. I like to keep my finger on the pulse of what's going on in the local schools.
I'm still an nosy interested party!?

I had a successful, if rather wet sortie into town yesterday. All the time I was shielding, my daughter kept telling me how different the shopping experience is. I certainly found that out.
We went to the bank early and still we had to queue in torrential rain. I know I going to sound ageist remember I too am elderly, but the cause of the queue was two elderly people inside the bank, standing chatting, with masks only covering their chins. We could see them through the window and the queue was getting longer and longer and people becoming more impatient.
Only a few people were allowed in at a time and the young girl on the door was too polite to ask the ladies to continue the conversation outside.?
I found myself becoming quite anxious at the number of people, whose masks hardly covered their mouth, let alone their nose.

We have a dept store which sells a variety of stuff, homeware, furniture and clothes. It's quite old fashioned, but there is always a bargain to be had.
I haven't been in it since the beginning of March, so I suggested we take the shortcut through it to the M&S outlet. so that I could have a rake ??. I always have a plan.
For some reason, they have a disproportionate stock of photograph frames on display and I managed to get wooden one for DD's wedding photo, which I'm planning to print as a surprise. (She is into all things wood at the moment).

I picked up what I thought were a pair of soft black lounge pants ideal for the winter, marked down to £5, what a result!
When I got home and tried them on, I couldn't work out why the waist band nearly came up to my chin!? Then I realised they were MATERNITY trousers.?
I asked myself why the sales assistant didn't point it out. Did my lockdown stomach look like a pregnant woman's? ?
The diet starts today.

We finished off the morning with a very enjoyable lunch. I felt quite safe, as the tables were all spaced out, the staff wore masks and there was a one way system in place. All the lunch was free, apart from a tip, as we had gift vouchers. So there is such a thing as a free lunch!!!!

For those who are poorly ?.
Urmston and Megs, I hope you had an enjoyable day yesterday and GM's son is making good progress.

Have the best day you can everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Aug-20 07:50:25

Good morning Mick and all

It’s trying to brighten up here in S E Essex but we have storms forecast for this afternoon.

Gym first thing then straight after going to AC to look after 3 yr old GD and an 11 month old GS (who has just started walking) so that DiL can go and have a manicure. I may need a lie down this afternoon!

We are going to a Thai Restaurant in the next village for dinner this evening, I am really looking forward to it.

Glad you are getting out and about Marydoll

It’s your favourite day gillybob

How’s your head Urmstongran ???

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Pittcity Fri 28-Aug-20 07:54:08

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. The sun has tried to peep out but the cloud won. Feels damp and autumnal outside.
Last day of our week with DGSs staying. They are wonderful but I am so looking forward to the peace tomorrow ☺️

kittylester Fri 28-Aug-20 08:00:13

Morning all from a dry but grey North Leicestershire.

We are going out for lunch today! We are going to a restaurant up near a local beauty spot. The plan was to go for walk first but I think we'll forget that idea.

Good to see you back nanajan.

Enjoy your days all.

NanKate Fri 28-Aug-20 08:02:30

Good morning Mick and All.

A soggy morning here in West Berkshire.

Today we are going with friends to an outdoor production of The Hound of the Baskervilles at The Watermill Theatre in Newbury. Rain, sun and lightning are forecast but they insist the show will go on. I will stylishly be dressed in layers to keep warm. Leggings, trousers and waterproof over trousers. My hooded jacket, topped with my waterproof mac. After the Play we are having a cream tea.

We did laugh Mary about your Maternity trousers. ?

NanKate Fri 28-Aug-20 08:03:08

Hello Kitty.

Oopsadaisy4 Fri 28-Aug-20 08:11:05

Good morning from a bright and sunny Oxfordshire, although the clouds are building up.
I’ve cleared the kitchen out as the boiler service chap is due shortly, easier to move everything out than clean it all with antibacterial spray afterwards, doors all open and windows, including to the guest loo, so it’s a bit chilly here.
After he has gone and everything put back it will be an easy day today.
I popped into our ‘local’ shop, it’s 4 miles away, however, It was full of builders, buying lunches, no masks on any of them, at least the shop assistant was behind a screen, but it isn’t fair on them is it?
I guess they will all be on their way home today for the long weekend.
Anyway rant over.
Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.

Sar53 Fri 28-Aug-20 08:12:44

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. We had torrential rain yesterday evening and the power was off in a lot of local properties, apparently one of three phases was out.
No plans as yet today. I'm sure we will go out for coffee somewhere if the rain holds off. A pile of ironing awaits at some stage
I hope Friday is a good day for everyone. Take care and stay safe xx

Lins1066 Fri 28-Aug-20 08:16:50

Good Morning Mick and all. The sun is out here on our part of the S Welsh coast, not sure for how long. Will ring the butcher for a delivery this morning. It sounds very atmospheric weather for the Hound of the Baskervilles NanKate, hope you enjoy.
Have a pleasant day all and stay safe.

Greyduster Fri 28-Aug-20 08:20:01

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a damp and decidedly cooler South Yorkshire. We spent five hours walking round the Yorkshire Wildlife Park yesterday and are feeling it this morning. It was lovely but rather crowded. Why did I think that it wouldn’t be, with everyone having designated time slots? Nothing much going on here today, thank goodness. Have a good safe day folks.

Grandmabatty Fri 28-Aug-20 08:32:39

Good morning All. It's a grey sky here in Polmont but a calm grey. Dry, thank goodness, as yesterday ended up a horrible wet day with local flooding. I'm on a slope so rain just runs down my path into a conveniently placed drain. I had the central heating on most of yesterday too. It is noticeably cooler this morning. I have little to do today,just some gentle pottering. My dd fancies a trip to Stirling to a particular shop so I've invited myself along! I may start Christmas shopping which I normally begin earlier and spread out. Sorry for mentioning the C word! ☺ Have a good day all.

grannysyb Fri 28-Aug-20 08:44:50

Grey and damp here. I'm meant to be going for a walk with two friends this morning, but I think I might cry off, don't think the forecast is very good. Clean bedding day today, and some ironing to do. I also need to sort out my sewing projects, my class has restarted. Have a good day and stay dry everyone.

cornergran Fri 28-Aug-20 08:46:14

Morning Mick, morning All from a chilly corner of Somerset. Been raining, looking brighter now. A very wet walk round standing stones with the family yesterday was worth the soaking and today’s aches. Mr C is still slumbering after a late return home. Nothing much happening today other than a grocery delivery this afternoon, still think of it as the weekly lucky dip grin. Take care everyone.

Anniebach Fri 28-Aug-20 08:50:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Taichinan Fri 28-Aug-20 08:51:33

Good morning all from the Angus coast where it's a tad brighter than it has been for over a week now. But every time the clouds look like parting another bank of grey gallops in off the sea. Tai chi on the lawn anyone? Maybe not. Apart from Tai Ch on the lawn coffee and cake in the garden room, nothing much planned for today other than to keep warm! ???