Gransnet forums

Chat

Why do.......?

(87 Posts)
Bluebellwould Tue 08-Sep-20 14:33:47

Manufacturers make ground black/white pepper pots with such large holes? I don’t want a dessert spoonful on my dinner ?.
What other things strike you as stupid?

moggie57 Sun 13-Sep-20 15:18:57

music used as back ground on tv programmes/films ..trying to hear whats being said and all i can hear is the music..

Wheniwasyourage Mon 14-Sep-20 13:08:29

Why do so many drivers not regard pedestrians as fellow road users? I am fed up with waiting to cross a road and finding that the car I am waiting for is turning off, but the driver doesn't think that I am worth indicating to. (Perhaps the wee soul is worried about flattening his/her battery by over-using the indicators.) Hope that makes sense...

watermeadow Mon 14-Sep-20 18:02:49

A whole book full of labels on a tiny pair of child’s pants.
Minute print, sometimes white on yellow, on instructions. Oh, silly me, I’m meant to carry a magnifying glass at all times. Plus scissors, to open all the packaging I can’t tear.
Ring pulls I can’t pull, on cans which you can’t open with a can opener.
Cats who love one food so you buy loads then they refuse to touch it ever again.

Callistemon Mon 14-Sep-20 19:43:14

Rechargeable toothbrushes.
They wobble then fall down.

Tiny print on shampoo and conditioner bottles.

TK MAXX labels (come off tiny bit by tiny bit if they come off at all).

The man with the awful voice who does adverts for confused.com - ban him!)

Callistemon Mon 14-Sep-20 19:44:04

Oh No!
I didn't highlight that - it did it all by itself!!

Sorry.

Wheniwasyourage Wed 16-Sep-20 13:58:42

Why do so many plastic food containers (yes, Tesco, I'm looking at you and your own-brands (other supermarkets are available, but I don't have access to them, so don't know if they're as bad)) say either "Check local recycling" or "Widely recycled", but do not tell you which number of plastic they are? Our council, like others, will only take 1s or 2s, so we need to know!! angry

Luckylegs Wed 16-Sep-20 14:14:19

Those loops on clothing - I always cut them off and throw them in a drawer, assuming one day I will find a use for them! I’ve chucked them all now but it does seem a waste. Is it required by law to have them on?

Eloethan Wed 16-Sep-20 15:57:03

Why don't they put tomato ketchup in jar, rather than glass bottles? The squeezy bottles are much easier but I have read that there is chemical migration from plastic into the foods we eat.

Grammaretto Thu 17-Sep-20 08:08:27

Wheniwasyourage absolutely agree about people who don't indicate. including DH
He says "there were no cars coming". Yeah, no cars but maybe a person walking or waiting to cross.

Spangler Thu 17-Sep-20 08:17:57

Why does Morrisons sell their quarter size wine bottles for two pounds, but sell three for five pounds?

Why can I never resist such temptation? I'm not exactly short of a quid, so you would think, "just get one bottle for two pounds. But no, I can resist anything, except temptation.

Callistemon Thu 17-Sep-20 11:25:40

Four for the price of three on the Tesco site Spangler!