Gransnet forums

Chat

Why do.......?

(86 Posts)
Wheniwasyourage Tue 08-Sep-20 18:37:38

Why does peanut butter come in jars with a silly shoulder which makes it difficult to get the last bit out? Why do some chutneys and jams come in jars which have five or six sides so that you have to scrape the stuff out of corners? Why can't they all just use straight-sided round jars (if that makes sense...) and spend the design money on a fancy label if they feel inclined?

Lexisgranny Tue 08-Sep-20 17:24:54

Why do they essentially soft labels for clothes have stiff edges guaranteed to scratch sensitive skin! Why do shops stick price labels on the part of packaging that shows instructions for use.

janeainsworth Tue 08-Sep-20 17:07:48

seacliff I use far less conditioner than shampoo, and it works the other way for me - I have to buy shampoo before my conditioner has run out.
If I used the same amount of conditioner as shampoo, my hair, which is fairly fine, would just lie flat on my head & wouldn’t have any volume at all.

seacliff Tue 08-Sep-20 16:58:03

Why do they sell matching hair shampoo and conditioner with conditioner being in smaller size. I run out of it when shampoo still going. They must assume the majority use more shampoo than conditioner.

And why don't they put a big S or C on bottles so I can easily see what's what with no glasses on under shower.

shysal Tue 08-Sep-20 16:54:16

Why do shampoo and conditioner bottles look almost identical? I used to struggle without my glasses. I now use a bar of shampoo, which I love.

Squiffy Tue 08-Sep-20 15:55:43

Not just the size of the print, but the colours used. Why do they put very pale yellow print on a pastel orange background? ??

H1954 Tue 08-Sep-20 15:25:43

FindingNemo15

Small print on packaging!

Yes, this is SO annoying! I frequently have to use a magnifying glass to be able to read labels!

Lucca Tue 08-Sep-20 15:21:22

Clothes size labels too small for me to see without reading glasses, so annoying (first world problem though !)

FindingNemo15 Tue 08-Sep-20 15:16:03

Small print on packaging!

Ilovecheese Tue 08-Sep-20 14:39:31

Why are bottles of Windolene so easy to knock over.

Bluebellwould Tue 08-Sep-20 14:33:47

Manufacturers make ground black/white pepper pots with such large holes? I don’t want a dessert spoonful on my dinner ?.
What other things strike you as stupid?