Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Sun 13-Sep-20 06:22:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another twilight start but its dry here in Brackley .
Just basically did Bicester yesterday ,and did a small shop in Sainsburys as I needed a new duvet was surprised at the price , thinking it would be allot dearer ,makes me wonder with reductions whether old stock is still om shelves as regards to non essentials .
Also we have just had a fair in brackley despite the current situ as to virus , popped out to get a take away , having watched the TdF yesterday ,and having to walk through some of the fair late afternoon , one of the rides had already packed up, and ready to move on.
Today watch TdF later as the drama of the race unfolds .
Take Care ,
Mick

EllanVannin Sun 13-Sep-20 09:20:14

Urmston, yes, I had crumpets in the freezer up until last week so it's time for another stock up, as well as Lurpak which a 250g size doesn't even last me a week and corner shops don't stock 750g tubs sad

Georgesgran Sun 13-Sep-20 09:19:38

Good morning from Durham. Bright, windy but quite mild.
At Big Hospital for DH’s CTscan - thank you for your good wishes yesterday. Now an uncomfortable wait for the results - fear they aren’t going to be good.
Quilt looks stunning - I’ve neither the patience or the expertise to attempt much. Best wishes to those and their beloved animals who are under the weather.
Great North Run (cancelled) today and we’ve passed small groups of runners doing the distance around Town - hope those sponsored manage to raise their funds.

Enjoy whatever Sunday brings your way. X

mumofmadboys Sun 13-Sep-20 09:14:27

Good morning all! Another one full of admiration for your work Grandmattie! Hope all who are unwell are soon in the mend. Keep safe all.

Urmstongran Sun 13-Sep-20 08:52:10

Still keep some crumpets in the freezer EV? Wish I had some right now. Perhaps I’m feeling better?

Right, I’ll shut up now as this is becoming the Ug show.
?

Anniebach Sun 13-Sep-20 08:51:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Sun 13-Sep-20 08:49:07

Hi there Sark not seen you post for a while. Good to hear from you again!
?

Glad you’re feeling more relaxed Grandmabatty. Probably on high alert for the sleepover with your baby of the family. Let those shoulders drop now! ? I used to love the baby nonsense chats. I used to find that inserting “Really?” now and again into the ‘conversation’ helped things along nicely. Showed I was listening and engaged even though I couldn’t follow any logic
?

Congratulations GG13 on your wedding anniversary. Enjoy a happy day ??

EllanVannin Sun 13-Sep-20 08:43:43

Good Morning All x
Fine but some cloud around which could disperse if it warms up, hopefully as a nice bright day makes all the difference.

It's been a strange few days without any means of contact apart from emails. I wrote a stiff letter to the phone company and realised I didn't have a stamp----I do miss the post office since it closed down 6 months ago.
Just one more sleep and hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow afternoon.

Window cleaning this morning, sun's shining on the patio windows and they're looking streaky. It must be all of 3 weeks since they were done. Nets to be washed as well.

Lazy dinner today, chicken, ham and leek pie from M&S new pots and froz mixed veg. Don't know what's for afters but I 'll think of something. Same tomorrow with the other half of the pie.

Sorry about you poorly ladies, rest as much as you can.flowers Thoughts to our other ladies who can't be with us xx.

What a beautiful bed cover GrandMattie, you clever girl, it's lush. You haven't wasted any time during lockdown grin It's a work of art.

Stomach's rumbling for my crumpets now so I'll bid you all a good day and stay safe everyone. xx

Lins1066 Sun 13-Sep-20 08:41:25

Good Morning Mick and all from a cloudy S Welsh coast. Didn't sleep well last night. Took the puppy on his first walk yesterday, though you'd never guess, the training 'walks' in the garden seem to have paid off. The only thing that fazed him was seeing another dog on a lead. Happy Anniversary GrannyGravy13. Stay safe everyone.

Sark Sun 13-Sep-20 08:32:12

Good morning from Oxfordshire.
Looks like it should be a nice day.
GrandMattie the quilt is gorgeous!
Hope everyone in the sick bay is on the mend soon.
Happy Anniversary to you both GrannyGravy13

Greyduster Sun 13-Sep-20 08:28:47

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a sunny South Yorkshire. We had dinner in DD’s garden last night, with the guinea pigs roaming round the lawn. Then we did our shopping in a very quiet Aldi on the way home. Not sure what’s on the agenda today; not a lot I suspect. Roast chicken for dinner.
Grandmattie that quilt is a wonder! Well done. I wouldn’t know where to start. I only make rugs because I can get away with them looking like a dogs breakfast!
Have a good safe Sunday, folks.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 13-Sep-20 08:23:42

Good morning Mick and all

Sunny here in S E Essex

Off for a late lunch later (it’s our Anniversary we married on Friday 13th)

Sar53 you will have many hours on your own now DH has a boat ?

kitty Urmstongran Marydoll and Hattie wishing you feel better soon.

grandMattie you are very talented that quilt is stunning.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Susan56 Sun 13-Sep-20 08:22:41

Good morning from Shropshire.Another warm day forecast although it was blowing a gale in the night.

Didn’t have a very good night,the howling gale woke me and then my mind got to work so am tired already today?

We are looking after Henry for a couple of hours at lunchtime while our daughter takes DGD to a birthday party.We plan to have a walk down their lane and collect some blackberries.With a few apples from their tree we will make crumble when we get home.

Maw,I hope you and Hattie managed a restful night and she is showing improvement today.

Urmstongran,hope things improve today.Are you able to get rehydration salts?Kitty,hope the antibiotics to their job and you start to feel better.Mary,sorry you are feeling so rough,hope you too start to feel better soon?

grandMattie,the quilt is stunning.

Sending good wishes to all with illness or worries.Have the best day you can all.

Grandmabatty Sun 13-Sep-20 08:18:52

Good morning All. It's a day for indoors here in Polmont. Wet and windy out. I'm sat with dgs beside me, in our jammies, watching his favourite film, 'Cars' for the millionth time. Despite my worries, he slept all night til just before seven. I, on the other hand, barely slept as I was worried I wouldn't hear him if he was upset in the night. So the pair of us will just chill this morning til mum and dad pick him up. Grandmattie your quilt is a work of art. Beautiful colours too. Taichinan I'm very sorry for your loss. Marydoll it's rotten that your cough has returned. They are so tiring, aren't they? Urmston sorry to hear you're still unwell. I'm feeling a bit brighter today which I put down to dgs and his company and your good wishes. Bless him, he's just told me a very long story in baby talk and kept looking at me earnestly for a reaction. I wish I knew what he was saying. ? To everyone who needs it.

Pittcity Sun 13-Sep-20 08:16:30

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Making the most of the warm weather by having a bbq at DD1's.
What a fabulous quilt Grandmattie.

Gingster Sun 13-Sep-20 08:14:13

Good morning all from a fine start here in Essex. We are in for heatwave for the next few days. Up to 30 degrees. Sorry northern and Scottish grans! Hope it’s not too bad for you ?

We have DS1 and family coming for coffee and lemon drizzle cake (made yesterday) this morning. It’s their favourite! ?

DH is going to his fishing club as it’s pond clearing day. He went fishing on Friday and dropped his phone in the water. ?. He’s hoping to find it today. I don’t know why he’s bothering - it won’t be any good. ?

grandMattie your quilt it gorgeous. What a lot of work, time and patience has gone into it. A lovely family heirloom to pass on.

I hope all ‘sick-notes ‘feel better today. Take it easy and rest up.

Not sure what lunch is today, fed up with Roasts, any ideas ?

Have a gentle day, all ?

Jaxjacky Sun 13-Sep-20 08:10:39

Good morning from a sunny Poole, back home today but yesterday was glorious, both of us a bit pink!
What patience grandMattie amazing! Sorry for those poorly, get better soon all.

Taichinan Sun 13-Sep-20 08:03:28

Good morning all. It's a grey day on the Angus coast although the sun is doing its best to shine through the cracks. Your quilt is beautiful GrandMattie - you're right to be proud! Sorry you're still feeling grotty Urns but glad you slept well. Sad news here yesterday. DS1's FiL passed away. A blessed relief for him I feel, but so hard for everyone. At least his wife was allowed to be with him. Today looks like it will be a batten down the hatches day. Have fun, all those who can, and feel better all those who are poorly. ???

Marydoll Sun 13-Sep-20 08:01:24

Good morning all from a not so pleasant Glasgow.☹️
I had a night of very disturbed dreams involving Maw and the West Highland Way.?
mobb, you didn't tell us Maw was walking with you.?

Grandmattie, the quilt is absolutely amazing. What a talented lady.
You could start a business, do commissions and make your fortune. ????

I have no plans for today at all, reading the papers is about my limit, in-between bouts of coughing.☹️
The hacking cough has returned with a vengeance and I have lost my voice into the bargain. DH is particularly pleased and pretending he can't hear what I'm ordering asking him to do. ?

Have a peaceful Sunday, everyone. Urmstongran, I hope today is a better day for you and your stomach settles. ?You may need to eat nothing at all to stop all the running to the loo.

Urmstongran Sun 13-Sep-20 07:59:47

We don’t mind on here Elizabeth1 (well I don’t) it’s just good to hear from everyone.
??

Gelisajams Sun 13-Sep-20 07:59:16

Good morning from a murky Morecambe Bay.
What a lovely quilt and achievement Grandmattie. I haven’t got the patience to do anything so intricate. My limits are plain sewing or crochet.
We will be taking Little Miss home later. She lives in an area threatened with full lockdown so it may be a while before we see her again. Yesterday we played on the beach with DH making her a big sand boat to play in.She absolutely dotes on him so he has to see to her if she wakes during the night.
Hope the numbers in the sick bay diminish soon. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

kittylester Sun 13-Sep-20 07:59:04

Morning all from a bright ish North Leicestershire.

Thank you all for your good wishes yesterday.

Sorry you are still poorly urms. Having spent most of yesterday either talking to or waiting for 111 (who currently dont seem to know what is going on!) A doctor rang me at 7pm from a car somewhere in the village and then pushed a packet of antibiotics through the door. So, I should be better before long.

How is Hattie, maw?

Fabulous quilt grandmattie.

New recipe for belly pork to try today - well DH will try it. I didn't eat much yesterday.

Elizabeth1 Sun 13-Sep-20 07:44:22

Oops missed out the apostrophe in there’s

Elizabeth1 Sun 13-Sep-20 07:42:50

Good morning all that was some winters night wind and rain it feels quite cold this morning again on the east coast of Fife hope there not been any flooding like last time when the nurses in the local hospital finished their shift to find their cars submerged it was disastrous. Have a good day everyone keep safe and enjoy your Sunday

Elizabeth1 Sun 13-Sep-20 07:39:17

grandsmattie your quilt looks fabulous I love it well done to you that must have taken some time flowers

Sar53 Sun 13-Sep-20 07:36:31

Good morning all from a sunny Essex by the sea.
It looks like DH will have half shares in a boat soon as long as they can find somewhere to keep it. I think they are visiting a boat yard tomorrow to see if there is space.
This morning we are going to watch 2 grandsons at their rugby training.
Later it's the grand prix to watch.
Both our teams had wins on the first day of the football season yesterday so we are both happy.
Grandmattie what a beautiful quilt, you are very talented. I dabble in patchwork but nothing like you.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone and stay safe xx