Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
brook2704 Sun 13-Sep-20 07:36:10

Good morning everyone from a very damp and sogggy Inverness but with the promise of it drying up sometime later.
What a beautiful quilt grandmattie well done it really looks good ?
Nothing planned this morning but later today we’re collecting DGS1 and DGD as we’re looking after them until Tuesday - they’re off school due to 2 in service days at the beginning of the week. I’m looking forward to seeing them!
Hope everyone feeling poorly has a better day today and take care whatever the day brings ?

Urmstongran Sun 13-Sep-20 07:27:24

grandMattie that quilt is absolutely GORGEOUS! How talented are you?
?

Urmstongran Sun 13-Sep-20 07:26:02

Sun’s (just) coming up! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

Another day in the sick bay for me I’m afraid. Bathroom trip as soon as I awoke. I slept well though.

I just ate toast, a banana and a jacket potato yesterday. Plus drank plenty of water (NHS guidelines).

I don’t think it’s Covid. I’ve not been anywhere! No taxis, buses, trains. No supermarket or markets. Yes bars and restaurants but all SD and spotless - always outside on a terrace.

Ah well, hopefully today brings some improvement. Are you feeling better kitty or do I need to budge up?

Maw I do hope Hattie is more herself today. You will have been watching her like a hawk last night.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Just remembered Himself will be watching the Grand Prix this afternoon whilst I’m confined to barracks. Aargh! Does anyone have any spare ear plugs?

Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

cornergran Sun 13-Sep-20 06:45:54

Morning Mick, morning All from a brightening corner of Somerset. We are also promised sunshine, hooray. Fabulous quilt grandmattie, I’ve no talent for anything requiring that amount of accuracy and patience. No idea what we’ll do today, Mr C feels a bit weary so I suspect a quiet one. Get well wishes for all poorly people. Take care everyone.

Pantglas2 Sun 13-Sep-20 06:32:44

Oh GrandMattie- how absolutely lovely ? you clever girl!

Pantglas2 Sun 13-Sep-20 06:31:45

Morning Mick and all who follow from dark Espana - sunshine on its way!?

Hope Kitty and Urms are on the mend and everyone in the sick bay (+Hattie) feeling better after Matron’s (Miss Marydoll- is there no end to her talents?) ministrations!

A quiet day sorting clothes/shoes I haven’t worn into a bag for the charity shop- I do like a de clutter before I leave mi Casa!

A peaceful Sunday to all ?

grandMattie Sun 13-Sep-20 06:30:39

Good morning from a bright E Kent. Looks like we shall have sun ☀️ today.
Mick, household goods tend to be very cheap at this time of year as parents set their children up for Uni; bedding, crockery, microwaves....
Finished my famous quilt. 36 squares, edged etc. Very pleased with it. It only took 3 1/2 months to make - that’s what our enforced incarceration did for me!
Hope those feeling unwell (*Marydoll*, kitty, Urms, gilly ...) are feeling better or as well as they can today. Have the best day possible. Stay safe.

12Michael Sun 13-Sep-20 06:22:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another twilight start but its dry here in Brackley .
Just basically did Bicester yesterday ,and did a small shop in Sainsburys as I needed a new duvet was surprised at the price , thinking it would be allot dearer ,makes me wonder with reductions whether old stock is still om shelves as regards to non essentials .
Also we have just had a fair in brackley despite the current situ as to virus , popped out to get a take away , having watched the TdF yesterday ,and having to walk through some of the fair late afternoon , one of the rides had already packed up, and ready to move on.
Today watch TdF later as the drama of the race unfolds .
Take Care ,
Mick