Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Mon 14-Sep-20 06:15:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another twilight morning , but its a dry start on what is forecast to be a Indian summer hot day .
A day doing housework, and later watch the final time trail of an Italian coast to coast cycle race ,again the event is out of season as the cycling world tries to cram as many big events in a condensed area.
Take Care ,
Mick

Beechnut Mon 14-Sep-20 06:24:52

Good Morning everyone.its dry the the sky is a lovely colour. As you say Mick it promises to be another sunny day. Some of my solar lights are still on this morning from yesterday’s sunshine.

I have a few errands to run this morning and possibly a relaxing afternoon. We’ll see what comes.

I hope all good morningers and pets in the sick bay are feeling better this morning. My daughter told me yesterday her dog will need meds for the rest of his life.
Your quilt is lovely grandMattie. So cheerful to look at.

Have a good day all ?

grandMattie Mon 14-Sep-20 06:43:07

Good morning from an overcast E Kent. We seem to have the cloud but not the rain. It can’t have rained for at least a month now. Dry, dry dry.
Thanks, Beech, I’m really pleased with the result, and have tagged it, as told it was traditional. Started the next quilt; dark blue, light blue and white chevrons! Mary, I would gladly take commissions just for the pleasure of sewing as long as it wasn’t too complicated, The materials for a double quilt cost in the region of £200.
We’ve got the men replacing the soffits and gutters today, Goodness all this work. DH has been banging on about them since we moved here 8 years ago, but wanted the subsidence sorted first.
I hope those who have problems and pain have a better day, everyone stay safe and enjoy the ☀️ sun .... stay safe.

cornergran Mon 14-Sep-20 06:48:26

Morning Mick, morning All. There seems to be a clear sky over our corner of Somerset, forecast is good. Leaving Mr C in peace today to go for a short walk and a long natter with a friend. Will encourage Mr C to do absolutely nothing while I’m out as he’s feeling weary. Get well wishes to all poorly folk and of course Hattie. Take care everyone.

grannysyb Mon 14-Sep-20 06:51:19

Good morning all, woke up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep so I'm having my breakfast! In two minds as whether to go back to bed when I've finished! Sewing class this afternoon, when I will cut out the lining for my trousers. Hope everyone with problems will have a better day.

Grammaretto Mon 14-Sep-20 06:58:54

Good morning Mick and all who follow from the Scottish Borders where it's just getting light.
New covid rules begin today but, selfishly, I hope I can still have my haircut.
We saw our littlest DGC at the weekend but that could be the last time for ages.
Wishing everyone a good day especially those struggling with pain or worries.

Scentia Mon 14-Sep-20 07:01:35

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. The sun will come out today and shine brightly, I just know it will.
After a long weekend at the children’s home I am at the factory today, I don’t think we have many jobs in as it has gone quiet again after the initial surge when lockdown was lifted.
I will set to with a bit of weeding in my garden when I get home as they seem to have gone mad over the weekend! But first a walk with the pooch.
Take care everyone and stay safe.

Sark Mon 14-Sep-20 07:06:43

Good Morning everyone.
Looks like it will be another lovely day, a shame I have to go to work...I definitely don't like Monday mornings!
Urmstongran I hope you are feeling better and thank you for the welcome back yesterday. Feel a bit guilty as I dip in to see how everyone is doing but rarely join in...as my school reports always said 'could do better '!
Hope everyone has a good day and enjoy the sunshine

mumofmadboys Mon 14-Sep-20 07:21:40

Good morning all! Going cycling in a few minutes and then various jobs at home for most of the day. Have a bridge match tonight. Have one of our sons and his partner living with us at the mo which is lovely but I do struggle to think of what to cook each day and it needs to be veggie. Must look for some new recipes! Hope everyone ( including poorly dogs) are on the mend.

Sar53 Mon 14-Sep-20 07:22:16

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. Another lovely day, tomorrow will be the same I'm told.
I have a doctors telephone appointment at 10 then I think DH and I will take our chairs, flask of coffee and books and go and sit by the sea for a couple of hours.
The boat that DH was hoping to buy has been taken off the market at the decisive hour, he is not a happy bunny.
DGD4 starts school full time today, she told my daughter last night, that she only wanted to go for half days. Not an option I'm afraid.
Have a pleasant Monday and stay safe xx

Jaxjacky Mon 14-Sep-20 07:23:19

Good mornin all, going to be a warm one, have m’en coming to replace the garden fencing today, a job that was agreed in July, need to point out various veg I’d rather they don’t tread on!
We had a lovey weekend in Poole, now back to realty, need to nip down local shop for a few bits, husband off to work.
Hope those poorly are feeling better today, wishing everyone a peaceful day.

MawB2 Mon 14-Sep-20 07:27:12

Good morning from N Bucks where it is glorious out - I know because I nipped down to the end of the drive in my pj’s to empty the food caddy into my green bin as I had forgotten yesterday! blush
Hattie seems much more comfortable this morning after sleeping very soundly all night - I don’t think she had changed position between 10.30 and 6 this morning. See how she goes this morning but she has condescended to swallow a few bits of boiled chicken (hand fed of course!) which is progress on yesterday!
Today I start a new Zoom course on Artists’ Models and Muses which should be fascinating.
I hope all who have been poorly did not have a miserable weekend and that this week brings relief and recovery.

brook2704 Mon 14-Sep-20 07:27:26

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry and bright after all the rain we had yesterday
An early start today and a busy day ahead looking after the DGC - think we’ll go on a bike ride and a picnic as the weather I’d looking quite good for up here ?
grammaretto hope it’s not too long before you can see the DGC again
Hope everyone feeling poorly has a much better day today, take care whatever the day brings ?

MawB2 Mon 14-Sep-20 07:29:02

Sar sitting by the sea with a flask of coffee and a book sounds like heaven! One of life’s simpler pleasures perhaps but money can’t buy better. Enjoy! ? ☕️ ?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 14-Sep-20 07:29:03

Good morning Mick and all

Sunny and warming up here in S E Essex, off to the gym this morning nothing else planned.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Pantglas2 Mon 14-Sep-20 07:29:06

Morning all from a cloudy Spain- weather must know I’m leaving on Thursday and is having a sulk ?

Belated happy anniversary to the GGs hope you had a lovely dinner and welcome back Sark - we have quite a few missing in action at the moment, it’s hard to keep up!

Bits and bobs day clearing/cleaning before dinner at a friend’s this evening- I do love someone else’s home cooking and she’s a farmer’s wife back in Blighty so a feast awaits!

Hope all unwell/unsettled are on the up x

Grandmabatty Mon 14-Sep-20 07:33:26

Good morning All. Cloudy and calm in Polmont. I'm babysitting today and then a zoom craft class tonight. Decoupage. At least this I can do! Origami was not a success. Apart from that, nothing else. I'll take the boy out for a walk later if it stays dry. I think I've picked up his cold though. Best wishes to all the unwell morning folk.

Marydoll Mon 14-Sep-20 07:44:53

Good morning all from a grey Glasgow, it's so dark in the mornings now.

We have an early start today, so no rambling on from me.
Spent ages on the phone yesterday, discussing the ongoing saga of the chest of drawers. Nine days after the delivery, the missing screws haven't even left the warehouse.?
My craft materials are everywhere in boxes. I never realized how much stuff I have.
However, I did re-discover some strings of semi- precious stones, bought in Rome last year. I may try and get back into jewellery making, if my hands allow.

The market ☹️ is a literal treasure trove for jewellery makers. ? I'm like a child in a sweetie shop.
Stalls full of strings and strings of stones and findings at great prices. I'm great at haggling too!?

I was in a jewellers getting my engagement ring fixed, when the jeweller asked me where I got my necklace. When I said I had made it and how much it cost, he was shocked at how little I had paid. He asked me if I was willing to make some for the shop. I'm not that good ?, I said and declined.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day and thinking of our absent friends.

Lins1066 Mon 14-Sep-20 07:48:20

Good Morning Mick and all. Sunny and a clear blue sky on the S Welsh coast, I can see vapour trails. Yesterday it was warm and sunny by midday and we ate out in the late afternoon. Mr Lins has an optician's appointment this morning, so I will go with him and window shop while he's there. Then a quiet day in store enjoying the sunshine. Stay safe everyone.

Nannytopsy Mon 14-Sep-20 07:54:26

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s sunny and forecast tone very warm in Suffolk today. One or two plants to plant before it gets too warm and then ironing somewhere cool.
I realised when it was bedtime that I had only had one coffee yesterday and I woke with a splitting headache. Just making a large strong cup of “medicine”!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Nortsat Mon 14-Sep-20 07:56:42

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a currently sunny east London.

A trip to the PO today and a pub lunch with a friend.

Grocery delivery this morning. I have ordered beef mince, so I will make hamburgers, some for today with salad and some for the freezer.

My partner has an exercise session on Zoom this morning and later a tuition session, with his student who lives in Florence. I know Zoom can be a bit of a challenge but it is keeping the lines of communication open and we’re grateful for that.

Thinking of all the poorly Good Morningers, best to Bluesapphire, Dragonfly and gilly. ?for those who need them, inc Hattie. Have a good day all ?

Stilllearning Mon 14-Sep-20 08:07:01

Morning from a cloudy S Lanarkshire but with hopes of a better day, at least the strong winds have gone so hopefully will be able to have the walk with a friend that we called off yesterday. I do envy the thought of sitting reading by the sea Sar
My SiL is coming this morning to do some much needed small repairs in the house and having checked the new regulations here I am letting that go ahead because he is coming as a workman. I will do a bit of much needed garden tidying while he is here. Wishing a good day to everyone especially those needing support

Kalu Mon 14-Sep-20 08:07:10

Good morning all. Haven’t a clue what the weather is like in Glasgow as yet. Enjoying my espresso in bed. Guilty pleasures are always best. My short trip to Perthshire was a success, windows replaced and I took the opportunity to tidy up dead stuff in the garden. The two adult and six cygnets have been depleted to two fully grown cygnets. The male adult was drowned by a visiting male swan, foxes and herons took four cygnets and the female swan (mummy) took off on Saturday leaving her babies crying out for her. Ducks and Moorhens thriving and a flying visit from a Kingfisher was a beautiful sight.

Sorry to hear the lovely Hattie isn’t doing so well Maw Huge get well cuddles for her.

Sunday afternoon FaceTime with the girls. GD1 has decided to give her bedroom a complete makeover and turn it into a bed sit. Having to listen to every detail, GD2 piped up, I just wish she would hurry up and get on with it, I’m fed up hearing about it. ??

Time to shake a leg and get on with the day, whatever it brings.

Have a pleasant day all and best wishes to all who are missing/struggling.

Taichinan Mon 14-Sep-20 08:09:07

Good morning Mick and all from the Angus coast I was awoken at 5.30 by a very loud and persistent noise - I thought the giant combine harvester was parked outside my window in a howling gale! Then I realised it was my tinnitus! Not to worry though - I saw that lovely peachy sunrise that early posters talk about. However, now that it has risen it seems to have gone back to bed leaving grey sky in its place. I hope you can get back for another sleep Grannysyb after your even earlier start Sar your DGD4 is learning the first rule in life - what you want to do and what you have to do don't always coincide! Talking of rules, this Rule of Six seems very straightforward - until you start questioning what constitutes a social setting, and does it include an exercise class. I wish there was someone to ask! I hope Little Miss Nic makes that a little bit clearer today. Apart from that, just washing, ironing and housework today. Have a good day everyone, and feel better all those in suck bay. ???

Spice101 Mon 14-Sep-20 08:23:46

Morning everyone, from a mixed weather day in Melbourne.
Just about to start preparing dinner but think I will need to turn the heating on first. It's turned a bit chilly after a not too bad day.

Some domestic chores this morning and this afternoon spent scanning old photos into the computer and trying to get them is some sort of order so that they can be found again.

The first day of our slightly eased restrictions but they will make no difference to me. Will have to wait another 2 weeks for a bit more easing. It is going to be a long haul to reach the targets that have been set by the powers that be.

Hope you all have a great day.