Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Mon 14-Sep-20 06:15:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another twilight morning , but its a dry start on what is forecast to be a Indian summer hot day .
A day doing housework, and later watch the final time trail of an Italian coast to coast cycle race ,again the event is out of season as the cycling world tries to cram as many big events in a condensed area.
Take Care ,
Mick

Grandmafrench Mon 14-Sep-20 16:24:15

Look after yourself Hazbeen. Fingers crossed that your treatments will not be too arduous. Meanwhile - hand over the ironing to someone who can !!

HAZBEEN Mon 14-Sep-20 12:05:44

Sorry not quite morning anymore! I am just back from the Hospital and my first appointment at the Day Unit for my chemo. They gave me the first of my tablets, took bloods (sore hand now so excuse any typing mistakes please) and a load of bumf to read and digest!
Its a hot day already here in Surrey so I may sit out in the garden this afternoon and ignore the ironing pile from our trip away!
Have a good day everyone.

Doodle Mon 14-Sep-20 11:30:28

Kitty sorry about your UTI. Hope you feel better soon.

Taichinan Mon 14-Sep-20 11:25:22

Georgesgran I will ?for Mr G's scan results. Urmston glad you're feeling a bit better. Kitty isn't cranberry juice good for UTIs - or am I out-of-date. ?

Grandmafrench Mon 14-Sep-20 11:18:45

Good Morning everyone. All’s well in hot and sunny S of France. Amazingly and in direct defiance of my instructions, it must have rained very quietly and sneakily in the night because all the garden cushions were soaked first thing and there’s water in an empty can?. We couldn’t have been more surprised. Oh well ignore it, all chairs almost dry now at coffee time.

Hope everyone poorly feeling much better. Forgot Gelisajams, is your eye ok now ? ?

Hope with everything crossed for Mr Georgesgran this week.
A very ? Happy Birthday, Mr *Greyduster......have the best time today. ?

Bell ringing, Gingster ? Well I could think of a lot worse annoyances next to my garden. When young I had a flat over the garden of a horn player with the BBC Symphony Orch. His rehearsing was lovely. Love Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse, they’ll give off lots of cheer so thanks for that mention Harris - have a good day.

Cherry warm wishes for a good day. Put up those feet somewhere ? sunny? Wishing you all something good today.
Hugs from ?? .......and keep safe! ?

EllanVannin Mon 14-Sep-20 11:07:19

Good Morning All x
Oh what a beautiful morning tra la. It is indeed. Washing's coming to an end so that'll be pegged out shortly.
Hoping upon hope that the phone company keeps its promise for this afternoon. Chatting online isn't the same as speaking to a voice which I find frustrating to say the least.

I've never wanted a mobile phone so why should I now feel forced into getting one ? I'm not the sort of person who'll be forced into anything I'm afraid grin
I did have one wobbly night when I asked myself what would happen if I became ill but had to quickly shut off----always at night. No contact ! Ooer.

Cats are flaked out outside in the shade which gives me chance to hoover, as they don't like it., then a flick around with the duster as the sun shows up the least bit of dust. Dinner sorted as it's a repeat of yesterday which is usual for a Monday after Sunday's dinner.

I've actually just hung the washing out which is why I'm delayed. I've also had to email my support officer to let her know I'm in the land of the living as she'd normally ring to see if I'm alright. Thank goodness I've still got the internet functioning or I'd have been snookered altogether. I still can't fathom out how it's working without the phone/ landline.

I hope everyone's enjoying the sun, so make the most of it if you can. Thinking of those who are under the weather, pets included and hoping those with infections, Kitty and Urmston are on the mend. Plenty of rest on the menu today.

Thoughts to our " absent " friends flowers hoping things improve for you all xx

Enjoy the day, stay safe and take care.xx

CherryCezzy Mon 14-Sep-20 10:31:29

Good morning everyone. It's a gorgeous day here in the Gower.

I didn't have the best of nights last night but am determined to make the best of today, probably last day or two of glorious weather for the foreseeable after all.

Thank you for your well wishes Susan they are very much appreciated.

Happy birthday to your DH Greyduster ?

Hope your DH's scan results mean that his treatment can continue Georgesgran ?

Take care everyone, stay safe ❤️

Urmstongran Mon 14-Sep-20 10:07:07

Hmm. Missed an apostrophe there teacher ...
?

Urmstongran Mon 14-Sep-20 10:05:26

Sun’s well & truly up here now! ?
I’m late.
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous day forecast after a cooler start.

I’m hoping I’ve turned a corner and hope to be able to sit on my chair in the gardens instead of the loo this afternoon!
?

The baby of our family (4y old in January) started nursery school this morning. An hour today, two tomorrow, three Wednesday then all day with lunch on Thursday & Friday. Mummy took her in and said she was SO excited! (mummy too probably) Having a big brother obviously helps things along!

Hope Monday is good to us all. ? Sark and Marydoll - the jewellery trade’s loss was definitely educations gain! Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 14-Sep-20 09:48:51

Morning all from a fairly bright South Notts. Will pop out later for a short drive but nothing much on. Mowed the lawn yesterday which I hate and I did a bit more pruning of the laurel and I have a few itchy bites as all the wildlife love me.

Hope all is well with everyone especially who are under the weather and the absent GMers find some improvements in their respective situations.

Gelisajams Mon 14-Sep-20 09:08:46

Good morning from a sunny Wirral ! We got a campsite cancellation yesterday, minutes before taking little Miss back home.
So it’s a walk round the shore before heading in the direction of home. A stop at Southport for lunch and another walk, then call at a plant nursery. I have a planting plan to fulfil for a lady near where we used to live which I shall do at some point this week.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

kittylester Mon 14-Sep-20 09:07:42

A very late good morning from a sunny and warm North Leicestershire.

We had planned to go to the National Arboretum today but I'm not sure I can cope with that much sorrow at the moment. The Peace Park in Hiroshima had me in floods of tears. The tree full of origami cranes was the thing that broke me gd.

And, I've got a UTI grin

So, pootling and faffing instead I think.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Nannytopsy Mon 14-Sep-20 09:00:33

Pittcity glad to hear someone else didn’t quite get round to the Sunday roast! Roast pork etc here today!

Anniebach Mon 14-Sep-20 08:54:15

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

MellowYellow Mon 14-Sep-20 08:53:57

That sounds lovely Greyduster. I made a dinosaur once. Don't know where he's gone though, probably in the recycling!

Pittcity Mon 14-Sep-20 08:50:02

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Going to be hot here again.
No plans except we will probably have the roast beef dinner we didn't have yesterday as we had a family BBQ instead.

Gingster Mon 14-Sep-20 08:41:30

Good morning from another very warm day in Essex.

This morning I’m minding littlest GD who is only at school for afternoons for another week until she starts full time next week. Mum is working until midday , so we will have 3 hours of non stop activities. A walk with little pooch, craft and baking. As soon as she’s through the door it’s ‘what lovely things shall we do today, Nanna’ . Ahhhhh! How can I resist?

DH has gone to the mobile phone shop. He dropped his mob in the fishing pond on Friday and went back yesterday and actually found it in the depths. Of course it’s no good , so he’s taken it in along with mine to get a better deal contract as we’re paying far too much. He’ll be there some time! ?

Bell ringing this afternoon in teachers garden - it’s going to be a hot one. Entertaining (annoying) her neighbours. Of course only six of us.

Have a pleasant day all ?

Greyduster Mon 14-Sep-20 08:41:12

Mellow I used to do origami - when GS was young, I made the birds that flapped their wings and he was fascinated by them.

GrannySomerset Mon 14-Sep-20 08:37:54

Taking DH for a post-cataract check up today when we expect all to be well so must get on with the time consuming business of getting us both up and ready. Otherwise nothing planned, but we will fill the day somehow. Hope we all have the best day possible, especially those unwell or unhappy.

Susan56 Mon 14-Sep-20 08:37:12

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.

We are going into town today, we have a long list as we have been putting off going in for weeks.

Sar, my four year old granddaughter isn’t impressed with the full days either.She is on her second full week this week.She has cried every day going in but is fine once my daughter has left.She also likes to be first out every day!

Georgesgran,thinking of you and your DH and hope the scan results are favourable for treatment to continue?

Glad Hattie seems to be improving Maw?

Cherry hope you are feeling better today?

Sending good wishes to gilly and all with illness and worries?

Have a good day all.

Greyduster Mon 14-Sep-20 08:36:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be another hot one in South Yorkshire. We had a longish walk yesterday and were baked when we got home. At least our vitamin D should be well and truly topped up! Mr GD’s birthday today and we are having a quiet day. DD and her menfolk are dropping by this evening for cake. Have a good day folks.

MellowYellow Mon 14-Sep-20 08:32:42

Morning everyone from an overcast south Cornwall, presumably the sun is on its way. What a shame about the swans Kalu. Today I must, I will, go to the allotment, yesterday was too painful but today feels a bit different, no idea why.

Tidying my craft room I found an origami desk calendar with a different 'make' for every day. Am a few months behind now so lots of folding to do! grin

On the bus yesterday the STOP button was on upside down and so the braille symbol was also upside down. This tickled me because my blind daughter has a funny sense of humour and would have enjoyed it. Obviously whoever screwed it in place was in a rush. The best day possible to all of you. thanks

Harris27 Mon 14-Sep-20 08:30:02

Good morning all. Had lovely weekend mostly catching up with chores but did have some time to myself watching tv and knitting. Loved the new series gone fishing with Paul whitehouse and Bob Mortimer what a lovely pair. Have late start today for work so extra cup of tea and new line of washing exciting life! Enjoy the last rays of summer all!

Georgesgran Mon 14-Sep-20 08:26:59

Good morning from Durham. Looks like a decent day weatherwise and supposed to get better this afternoon.

DH is off to GP soon for his blood test, with treatment planned for tomorrow. A tense week in store with the results of yesterday’s CTscan determining if the treatment can continue.

Have had a call from a friend, asking me to pop over as she has a chap coming to measure up and price for a fitted wardrobe and could use some support.

Later, will see DD1 and DGS - he’ll be 3 on Wednesday, but still struggling to talk and no sign of the speech therapy he was supposed to have.

Hope everyone has the best day today, especially those in similar circumstances. X

Spice101 Mon 14-Sep-20 08:23:46

Morning everyone, from a mixed weather day in Melbourne.
Just about to start preparing dinner but think I will need to turn the heating on first. It's turned a bit chilly after a not too bad day.

Some domestic chores this morning and this afternoon spent scanning old photos into the computer and trying to get them is some sort of order so that they can be found again.

The first day of our slightly eased restrictions but they will make no difference to me. Will have to wait another 2 weeks for a bit more easing. It is going to be a long haul to reach the targets that have been set by the powers that be.

Hope you all have a great day.