Gransnet forums

Chat

Rule of six?

(34 Posts)
Teacheranne Mon 14-Sep-20 10:32:38

GrannySomerset

Interesting how, whatever the rule, it is human nature to try to circumvent it! I

Agree with you, so many people trying to get round the rules - I know the ones on here were tongue in cheek ( or I hope so) but I know lots of people who are contriving ways to meet up. Considering the rules previously was only two households indoors, as a single person, I am better off now.

GrannySomerset Mon 14-Sep-20 10:14:46

Interesting how, whatever the rule, it is human nature to try to circumvent it! I

hicaz46 Mon 14-Sep-20 09:58:22

Rowyn that was my thought, if my grandson stays in his room playing his X box does he count. Can he swap with his sister so that she goes to her room and we see him. (There are 5 of them and 2 of us) I think I know the answer but .....

GrammarGrandma Mon 14-Sep-20 09:48:31

6 pairs of jeans? I don't have one.

MawB2 Mon 14-Sep-20 09:45:04

Hattie of course No 6 dog
In my childhood - Hamish, a tricolour Cavalier
Once we had children - Islay, black Lab
Jock, fawn greyhound
Icy, brindle greyhound
Gracie , white and black hound

rowyn Mon 14-Sep-20 09:44:05

Off piste, but it made me think about the rule of 6 and a question came to mind.
If you have 2 children who are in bed and asleep by 7.30, can you invite 4 adults to dinner without breaking the rule?

Iam64 Mon 14-Sep-20 08:17:31

Oh dear MawB, I'm currently down to one dog. Until a couple years ago I had three. The first thing that sprang into my mind when I read your post was six dogs. This way madness goes....

Whitewavemark2 Mon 14-Sep-20 08:16:46

1.Lara Lettice,
2. Milo Arthur,
3.Cassia Peaches,
4.Theodore Apollo,
5.Stephanie,
6.Wilfred Laurie Nicholas.

Admitting to no more - 6 is enough.

MawB2 Mon 14-Sep-20 07:51:50

An article in the DT this morning suggested that 6 is the ideal number for many things- the writer suggests people for a meal, that’s predictable enough.

Or 6 good friends -?

Or jeans for instance - for me that would be 1x dark denim which fit,1x mid-indigo which fit, ( and the same again which I might get into again one day ) plus 1 pair black and 1 pair white .
Anyway it got me thinking.

The school summer holidays always used to be 6 weeks long.

Boots - looking in the cupboard - 1 x black furry comfy, 1 x brown furry comfy, 1x blue suede also furry and comfy, 1x black smart, 1x brown smart, 1 x long knee length which I never wear because I live in trousers but they are too good to chuck!

Can you think of any more?