Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Tue 15-Sep-20 06:15:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another twilight morning with a bit of brightness .
My routine besides housework , will be do my usual bus to Buckingham ,and then onto Bicester for coffee etc, and shop , I will return home so I can watch todays stage of the Tour De France as its enters the Alps in its final week.
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Tue 15-Sep-20 06:27:52

Good morning from a clear E Kent.
As I put the food bin out, I saw a nail paring of moon near the brightness of Venus in the nacreous sky. It was gorgeous. I do love dawn and sunrise.
The men are really getting on with the soffits and guttering. We’re having a water butt added. Only one as the shape of the house doesn’t really allow for more than one.
As all workmen, they are a bottomless pit of tea and biscuits. I baked some oatmeal biscuits last night , but doubt they’ll last long!
T’ai chi in the hall this morning. Don’t know quite what we’ll do if there are more than 6 of us. We are normally 7.
Supermarket shop this afternoon. My one proper outing of the week... the rest are in the little shops locally.
I hope that those in pain or distress will have a better or even good day. Stay safe, y’all.

MawB2 Tue 15-Sep-20 06:28:32

Good morning Mick and all to come. Too early to judge the weather yet but it’s due to be sunny and warm, a lovely September day.
I need to get on with assorted jobs which were put on hold over the weekend while Hattie was poorly but I am keeping everything crossed 🤞🤞🤞that she is on the mend now.
(I am so tired- so why am I awake at silly o clock I wonder!)
Two more days until little DGS starts school - they FaceTimed me yesterday afternoon with him in his uniform - he is so excited, I hope it doesn’t disappoint!
Wishing you all a pleasant day and if you have mountains to climb, relief and respite on the way.

Beechnut Tue 15-Sep-20 06:31:10

Good Morning all. A pretty sky is over Severnside and it’s a dry day.

Same Tuesday stuff for me.and I’ll do some crafting. I’m in the process of covering an old shoe box.

Take care everyone and enjoy the sunshine 🌹

Scentia Tue 15-Sep-20 06:36:21

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. It should be nice today just as soon as the sun wakes and finds his hat☀️
A day at the factory today, I will do my online shop whilst there and collect it tomorrow.
I have a speed Awareness course tomorrow morning which is online using zoom, I will test whether I know how to use it today so I don’t make myself look silly when the course starts at 8.00am
I do hope Gilly is ok as I haven’t seen her on here but I could have missed a post I suppose.
Well folks, take care of yourselves and enjoy this weather.

kittylester Tue 15-Sep-20 07:02:29

Morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

Cake making this morning as I have a couple of friends coming for brew and cupcake this afternoon. This will probably be the last time we can sit in the garden.

We heard yesterday that DD2's mother in law has lung cancer which appears to have spread. sad

MellowYellow Tue 15-Sep-20 07:06:47

Morning from south Cornwall where a sunny day looks likely. 4 year old loved her first day at school, phew, and looked sweet in her red gingham dress, or as she described it to me, 'It's got red lines on it Nana, and then other lines that make boxes.' Bless.

I made it to the allotment yesterday, yippee! It's a pretty, tucked away, wildlife plot and I've missed it. The exercise did me so much good and I had a laugh at doing the work on crutches. Someone had left me a load of sprout plants outside my shed, no idea who. The brassica fairy maybe?

Coffee with a friend in Wetherspoons this morning and a visit to the farmer's market to buy succulents for my patio. The best possible day to you all.

Marydoll Tue 15-Sep-20 07:11:04

Good morning all, I'm not sure what the weather is outside, but we are supposed to have rain this morning

Kitty, so sorry to hear your news of your DD's MIL, I hope you are on the mend.

Nothing much to report from Maryworld, I didn't sleep well, more nightmares, as yesterday was injection day. They really are bizarre dreams, which leave me exhausted.
So I think I shall indulge myself today and do little.

Keep safe everyone, I'm becoming a little anxious, as there is talk of reintroducing shielding. ☹️I will need to stock up on toilet rolls etc!!!!

Pittcity Tue 15-Sep-20 07:11:33

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Going to be a hot one.
Back to volunteering in the local Air Ambulance charity shop. They have taken their time reopening to get covid measures right. Looking forward to it.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Sep-20 07:14:25

Good morning Mick and all

A scorcher of a day expected here in S E Essex and I am on Granny duty for 8 month old then pick up sibling from school. He has to go into School in his PE kit today (year 1) so he is excited (I think he thinks he will have P E all day 🤣)

Thinking of our missing friends 🙋‍♀️💐

Hope our sick posters are on the mend 💐

Keep safe and well folks🙋‍♀️

Sark Tue 15-Sep-20 07:15:31

Good Morning from Oxfordshire.
Forecast to be another lovely day. I work in a portacabin which is ridiculously hot in summer ( & freezing cold in winter) and so I had better find out some summer clothes that I had packed away already!
Hope everyone has a good day and best wishes to anyone struggling

Nortsat Tue 15-Sep-20 07:20:58

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a mild east London.

Yesterday was really quite hot here. I had a nice lunch with my friend, in the large conservatory of a gastro pub. We were the only people in it. It was my first outing since March and it felt quite safe. A carefully controlled entrance system and lots of hand sanitiser stations.

My friend’s DH is in New York, for a family wedding, he is a US citizen and was allowed to travel but she (as a British citizen) was advised by the FCO not to travel. He says you cannot watch television news in NY without seeing lots of advertisements for Trump. It’s wall to wall Trump.
As a Democrat voter he’s finding that hard going...

A walk for me today. I found breathing challenging in the heat yesterday, so I will need go out before the day heats up.
I have a couple of hours work to do on the laptop, then cauliflower cheese for supper, I think.

Thinking of Dragonfly, Bluesapphire, gilly and hoping all is well with Cherry. 💐 for those facing challenges. Have a pleasant day, all. 😎

Kalu Tue 15-Sep-20 07:22:16

Good morning all from a wet start to the day in Glasgow although sun is promised by late afternoon🤷‍♀️

I have been awake since 5.00am silly o’clock too Maw. My sleep pattern has gone to the dogs, (sorry Hattie). Possibly a nap later and catch up on my to do list as and when.

A sunny afternoon yesterday saw the arrival of a few Peacock butterflies busily feeding from Bowles Mauve. Today I will tackle a few bits of ironing, some housework and pottering in the garden later.

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day and a less worrisome day for our Gnetters who are struggling.

Kalu Tue 15-Sep-20 07:24:02

A snap of one of the Peacocks

Pantglas2 Tue 15-Sep-20 07:24:34

Morning all from a lovely bright espana 🇪🇸 where I’m lolling abed with the chamberpot ☕️ contemplating whether to start on the windows first or some dusting......I wish the cleaning 🧚‍♂️ visited at the click of a castanet!

Had a lovely meal last night but didn’t stay late as other friends have work this morning so back home by 11pm which is positively early by Spanish standards! Won’t see the hosts til next summer, although we’re hoping to come back for Christmas 🎄

Sad news Kitty for your family but hope you’re feeling better and everyone else below par has a better day 💐

Gingster Tue 15-Sep-20 07:25:37

Good morning all from another forecasted beautiful day here in Essex. We certainly are a dry little corner - can’t remember when we last had rain.

Yesterday was a busy busy day for me. I had smallest Gd in the morning with lots of activities . She’s a clever little madam and keeps me on my toes. Then on to Bell ringing which was fun , then on to a friends for a cuppa and then visited my lovely girl who I looked after along with her brothers, after her Mother died. She’s 24 now and was due to marry last May. It’s been put off until December 🤞. Exhausting but a lovely day. I thought I’d have a quiet one today but it’s not looking good 😂🤣

Little pooch is still limping so it’s x rays for her on Friday. She races around like a greyhound and then limps for a while and then starts all over again. I’ve given it time to heal itself but now is the time to see what’s going on. I hate to see our pets in pain. She’s such a dear. 🐶

Here’s hoping everyone has a pleasant day with no worries or pain. 🌺

Sar53 Tue 15-Sep-20 07:29:25

Good morning everyone from an already sunny Essex by the sea. I am attaching a picture of the sun rising over the sea at about 6.45, it was beautiful.
I had a bad night, a nightmare, DH says I was screaming in my sleep. Goodness knows what the neighbours thought, I'd better let them see me so that they know I am still alive !!!
I have an actual doctor's appointment this morning then we will be sitting by the sea with our lunch and our books.
DGD4 enjoyed her first full day at school. Her and mummy both had small red hearts drawn on the inside of their wrists to remind them of each other.
Have a lovely Tuesday and stay safe everyone xx

Taichinan Tue 15-Sep-20 07:30:21

Morning all from yet another grey morning on the Angus coast Grandmattie you'll be fine with your tai chi in the hall. Exercise classes are exempt from the Rule of Six provided they are run along Covid-approved lines. So enjoy! And Mick I bet the scenery in the Alps will be spectacular. Nothing to report from here - the day will unfold. Take care everyone. 🦋💐🦋

Grandmabatty Tue 15-Sep-20 07:31:05

Good morning All. You are right, Mick. It is so much darker in the morning now. Its quite grey here but forecast to clear up. Fairly mild, though. Decoupage last night and mine was a pink elephant! ☺ It's not too bad but I will add to it after the boy has gone home. He was Mr Charm personified yesterday and blethered to all the neighbours, even though we've no idea what he says! A day of playing with cars awaits. We might go for a walk and to the swings. Have a good day all.

Urmstongran Tue 15-Sep-20 07:33:26

Sun’s up here! 🌞
Good morning everyone from Malaga 😎

I slept like a log and feel so much better today. No horrid stomach cramps. I texted my ladies though yesterday and cried off meeting up with them all this afternoon. I just think it’s the sensible thing to do and I hope to join them next week.

I have a new novel to start on my Kindle ‘Shuggie Bains’ set in Glasgow in the days of Thatcher. Gets excellent reviews.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Urmstongran Tue 15-Sep-20 07:37:25

Her and mummy both had small red hearts drawn on the inside of their wrists to remind them of each other aw, too cute Sar53! And I love the description of the red gingham MY
😍

cornergran Tue 15-Sep-20 07:39:27

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. More sunshine forecast later. A bit of catching up this morning then a family visit, really looking forward to that. Worrying news for your family kitty. Why not rest today marydoll, if anyone deserves a rest it’s you. Hattie sounds less worrying maw, look after yourself now. Take care everyone.

NanKate Tue 15-Sep-20 07:40:38

Morning Mick and All.

Another apricot sky turning to light blue in South Bucks.

Had a bit of an event yesterday. We have a large field directly in front of our house. I was going for my daily brisk walk and heard overhead the loud sound of a helicopter. On returning from my walk I found it had directly landed in front of my house. It was an Air Ambulance. Many neighbours from the surrounding area were surrounding the copter. It transpires there had been a car accident a couple of roads down and they had been summoned in case they were needed. The police had to cut the roof off the car that had collided with a stationary van and remove the female driver, she was taken away by ambulance. On a lighter side some mums brought their children to see the helicopter and they were having photos with the pilot. I watched all this from the bay window of our lounge whilst drinking my morning coffee. 🚁

Have a restful day Mary. Those dreams must be so draining.

Nannytopsy Tue 15-Sep-20 07:43:04

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It’s already warm in sunny Suffolk and forecast to get very hot today and tonight. Summer’s final fling perhaps. We shall have a small BBQ for two tonight.
I have a mountain of ironing still and yet more washing, which should keep me busy.
DGD did her first full day at school yesterday and came out smiling 😍.
Glad Hattie seems to be on the mend Maw but sad news for your family Kitty. I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Susan56 Tue 15-Sep-20 07:44:49

Good morning from Shropshire.

Not had a great night.DH under the weather.Not sure if he is ill or everything getting to him.He is a man who doesn’t show his emotions.Today is his uncles funeral,we had to decide not to attend due to Covid so will be watching via a video link which has upset him.Also we have not seen his parents since February and no sign that we will be able to see them any time soon so he is upset about that too.I realise everyone is in the same boat.

Cherry,hope you are feeling better today.x

Hope everyone has a good day and thinking of all with illness and worries.