Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Tue 15-Sep-20 06:15:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another twilight morning with a bit of brightness .
My routine besides housework , will be do my usual bus to Buckingham ,and then onto Bicester for coffee etc, and shop , I will return home so I can watch todays stage of the Tour De France as its enters the Alps in its final week.
Take Care ,
Mick

QuickFire9 Tue 15-Sep-20 21:01:36

Hi Kalu, I’m in Glasgow too, the west end, what a beautiful afternoon and evening it turned into. Very warm up here for Scotland. What part of Glasgow do you live in?

Gwyneth Tue 15-Sep-20 14:46:29

Thank you Taichinan I guess we have to try and set an example and be good role models!! Gwenisgreat1 no they were not in school uniform. I think that if they come again I might approach them in a friendly way and say something like I’m glad they’re enjoying themselves but could they please take their litter home or give it me to dispose of. The problem is you have to be so careful these days so will probably carry on collecting it in the morning!!

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 15-Sep-20 14:34:43

Well, just been told I can go home today - thanks for your good wishes.
Gwyneth I suppose those girls wore nothing you could identify them with and report them to the school or college?

EllanVannin Tue 15-Sep-20 12:54:25

They're using Covid as an excuse !! Because of a reduction in staff. My eye.

Taichinan Tue 15-Sep-20 12:54:22

Gynneth that is so sad and, yes, angrifying! about those three young girls This discarding if unwanted things is something I just can't understand! It smacks of both thoughtlessness and a lack of parental teaching. None of mine would have done that, as their blazer pockets bore witness, and I'm pretty certain none of the GCs would either. Well done you for clearing it up - but really you shouldn't have to. Oh well, it's a Brave New World. ?

EllanVannin Tue 15-Sep-20 12:52:25

TalkTalk aren't going to do anything because the security question that they asked me, I gave the wrong answer and they disallowed me another chance to rectify it.
They'd asked me to quote the amount on my last bill and I'd mistakenly given Julys instead of August !

kazzer Tue 15-Sep-20 12:00:47

Today I am enjoying? the cacophony of a grabber lorry digger, pneumatic drills. Yes this is week 2 of 6 months builders! Promise of garden room and boot room for Christmas! Hopefully! Then on with couple of bedrooms, study and en-suite completion end of February again hopefully! Fingers crossed for good winter!

hulahoop Tue 15-Sep-20 11:49:56

Good morning from a very warm w/Yorks hope all not feeling well recover soon .i have a ulcer at back of my mouth which is very painful so having plenty of mouthwashes only a small problem but hopefully it will disappear soon I am just deciding what to have for lunch . Take care everyone .

Alegrias Tue 15-Sep-20 11:34:17

I've managed to get here before lunchtime, so "Good Morning All" smile

Very driech in Fife, so I'll be staying in mostly today. Its Battle of Britain day today, so I'll be thinking about that and what it means for us now.

I watched the latest Whitehouse and Mortimer TV program about fishing last night. It doesn't sound that attractive but it was wonderful, really moving for those of us "of a certain age".

Have a good day, everyone.

Grandmafrench Tue 15-Sep-20 11:24:01

Then sit there, Cherry, grab the good life/weather while you can! x Please get well very soon, Gwenisgreat. I totally second your comment to Ellan about using the telephone bill as loo roll. BUT, only use it to wipe, Ellan, if you promise to send the bill back with your payment......have a good prune and a calm down.
≠savetherage until someone appears !!!!!!!!

CherryCezzy Tue 15-Sep-20 11:15:54

Good morning everyone from sunny Gower.

Thank you Nortsat and Susan I am feeling a lot better, ? it'll remain that way for a while.

Susan, a very difficult time for your DH. He was quite close to his uncle wasn't he, from my recollection of what you've said in the past. People often say it's wrong to have favourites when it comes to family members but it's human nature. I hope that since he's able to attend the funeral by video link he feels more at peace with his loss. Sending my condolences x

Sorry to hear the sad news for your DS2 re. her MIL Kitty ?

HAZBEEN, I echo Grandmafrench, we're all rooting for you. Similarly for your DH Georgesgran .

Hope you are alright gillybob and will be back with us soon. You too Blue Sapphire and dragonfly ???

I'd better get back to it, as they say - whoever they are, I was in the middle of cleaning the fridge but paused for a cuppa ?. Lots of chores that I should do around the house today.... the weather is perfect for sitting in the garden ?.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 15-Sep-20 10:46:07

EllanVannin think I'd wipe my behind with the bill - it would give me great satisfaction!!

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 15-Sep-20 10:40:31

good morning all from Sunny Harrogate District Hospital! Yes, I'm here for the time being. I have a bone infection!! Feeling quite Yeuch just now, but hey! I'll get over it. Sounds like a difficult time for your DH, Susan. Hope he gets back to normal soon.
Just had some students round. All the doctors look so young these days!!
Feel for your poor little doggy, gingster. Have you tried giving her a sprinkling of turmeric on her food?
Marydoll you try writing down these dreams you are having - who knows you might find yourself with a best selling novel on your hands.
Hope everyone is feeling a bit better than me!!

EllanVannin Tue 15-Sep-20 10:27:20

Good Morning All x
Hoping for another warm and sunny day to get some pruning done. Washing dried in no time and weeds between brickwork cleared yesterday. Sun's up but a smattering of cloud around.

No sign of telephone engineer by 5pm so I got online to chivvy them up and was " chatting " to a bloomin' Jobsworth ! No engineer had been recorded, though strangely enough I wasn't holding my breath at seeing anyone yesterday because I'm so used to these broken promises with firms/ companies that I wasn't unduly surprised.

However, chatting to this Robot jobsworth online left me speechless that I gave it up as a bad job when asked a " security question " and because I'd given a wrong answer by mistake I was told that no help would be given !!

No phone for a week, no lifeline so I'm at a complete loss of what to do. I can't hack being surrounded by complete idiots and I've ran out of patience now which means that the nearest one to me will get it in the neck grin
Then you have this pandemic which seems a good excuse for everything that goes wrong !

To add insult to injury I've just received the forthcoming bill for the phone/broadband shock Don't know whether to laugh or cry, or wipe my behind on it grin
Ah well.

Don't know what today will bring as yet. Not seen D as much with her being back at work but I don't want to bother her as she's got enough on her plate.
I'll get the shears to the shrubs, that'll get rid of the angst. smile

Take care everyone and stay safe. Hope things improve to those who are under par and thoughts to our missing friends flowers xx

Grandmafrench Tue 15-Sep-20 10:02:08

If you’re Geordie accent’s back.....you’re going to be fine! Believe it and take care, HAZBEEN One careful step at a time, we’re all rooting for you, The Georgesgrans and best not let us down. (You’ll never hear the last of it. ?)

Susan56 Tue 15-Sep-20 09:49:49

Thankyou Grandmafrench.x

HAZBEEN Tue 15-Sep-20 09:35:18

Good morning all from a gloriously sunny Surrey! Looks like an even better day than yesterday.
Had a bad night sleep wise, lots of vivid dreams and having to keep getting up for the loo, but todays another day. So much on my mind I think. I need to do some relaxation sessions!
The ironing got left yesterday and yes Grandmafrench I did try to hand it off to someone else as you suggested but there were no takers! Still its mostly holiday clothes so it can
wait.
Long telephone call with my daughter on the cards for today, she is 300 mile away and I haven't seen her since January but we always manage at least a 2 hour call, we can talk for England. The problem is when I finish my Geordie accent is back and my OH cant understand a word I say!!
Keep safe everyone, now its time for my next chemo tablet so another cup of tea is called for!!

Gwyneth Tue 15-Sep-20 09:23:42

Good morning everyone
We had a lovely evening and there were three teenage girls sitting on the grassed area at the back of my home enjoying chatting etc. I thought they made a lovely picture and it reminded me of my teenage years when we used to do the same on a beautiful evening. However, when I got up this morning I found that they had just left all their rubbish, cans of pop, sandwich packets, sweet wrappers etc including the carrier bag they had brought them in. I have been outside clearing up the litter and feel very ? sad

Grandmafrench Tue 15-Sep-20 09:17:45

Good Morning everyone from the sunny Med’ ??? where I am currently being irritated by the whine of hedge trimmers. All our Oleander is still in flower, why cut hedges when they’re flowering...it’s easy to garden year round here. People must be bored.

Lovely early morning views, butterflies, and tales of good weather and GC’s from a lot of GM’s. How lovely. Opens up our lives, being outside to see nature...although in Kalu’s case yesterday, it can be pretty “red in tooth and claw”.

How I’d so love to have the distraction of little people at the moment. Some toddler chat in the language of Scribble is just fabulous and seeing their exciting new world through fresh eyes is always good for the spirit....think all Grans would agree.

Keep cheerful and keep hoping, all. So sorry to hear that your DH is feeling the strain, Susan. Maybe after sharing in today, he’ll feel a bit better. It’s bound to have stirred up more fears for his own parents.....maybe you’ll be able to work out a way that you can be together soon, even at a distance. Meanwhile, if they’re safe and you’re all safe perhaps that has to be enough - for now. Hugs ? to you and to all those who are a bit down or struggling.

Get the best out of today, everyone, and try to ignore the rest?
?‍♀️ ?????????

Georgesgran Tue 15-Sep-20 09:17:32

Good morning from Durham. Looks like another scorcher on the cards - yesterday was beautiful.
DH’s blood test shows low white cell count - but as we’re at Hospital this afternoon, she’s happy to let them handle it. Again a big thank you to GNs who responded to yesterday’s post. It’s a worrying week.

Hope everyone has the best day today, especially those struggling with what life has dealt them. X

Mapleleaf Tue 15-Sep-20 09:15:17

Good morning all,

It looks set fair again today. What a lovely treat before the onset of autumn proper.

Heard a couple of low rumbles last night just before midnight followed by an almighty explosion. At first I couldn't tell where it had come from until I saw flames reaching high into the sky across the fields. It transpires that it was a lorry fire on the motorway which is situated across the fields. I do hope the driver got out unscathed.

Not a lot planned today other than an appointment in an hour or so, so will get a wriggle on and set off shortly.

I hope everyone has a good day. Keep safe. ?

Greyduster Tue 15-Sep-20 09:11:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Going to be a hot one in South Yorkshire today. DD and her menfolk came over last night to bring DH a birthday present. I had made him a coffee and walnut birthday cake which was some compensation for the fact that his football team lost! GS had a large slice (“Well I’m hungry!” When is he not?) and they also took some home, thank goodness or we would have had to eat it and we really should be dieting.
We are supposed to be going out for a walk round Lathkill Dale today if I can get my backside in gear! It’s going to be hot. I’m hoping the river will have a cooling effect!
Have a good day, one and all.

Anniebach Tue 15-Sep-20 09:05:39

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannySomerset Tue 15-Sep-20 08:32:48

Clear pale blue sky and sunshine in North Somerset as I prepare to go and collect wonderful cleaner whose car is in dock just now.

DH’s visit to the ophthalmic surgeon was a success and he has 20:20:vision in the good eye though still not much in the other. We can go and sort out new glasses in a couple of weeks so that reading will be easier. Hurrah!

Lins1066 Tue 15-Sep-20 08:08:29

Good Morning Mick and all from a cloudy S Welsh coast, it is warm though. Yesterday was very warm and sunny, a lovely day. New glasses ordered for Mr Lins, they will take up to three weeks to arrive, the optician said that everything is taking longer at the moment. Our four year old started school last Thursday, she loved it. Glad that Hattie is better Maw, time to look after yourself now too.
Stay safe everyone.