Gransnet forums

Chat

Marks and Spencer food return policy,question

(34 Posts)
infoman Tue 15-Sep-20 17:27:02

Bought a can of fish in error,
and tried to exchange it for some thing different.
Customer service desk said tha M and S do not take any food items back.
If this is their policy,fair enough,
but is that normal for M and S.

Oopsadaisy4 Thu 17-Sep-20 07:12:06

On home deliveries the Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda drivers will take back anything you decide not to keep, especially if it’s a substitute, they will refund you.
Whether or not it goes back into the supermarket for resale is another matter and I don’t know about that.

Riverwalk Thu 17-Sep-20 07:26:25

Oopsadaisy4

On home deliveries the Tesco, Sainsburys and Asda drivers will take back anything you decide not to keep, especially if it’s a substitute, they will refund you.
Whether or not it goes back into the supermarket for resale is another matter and I don’t know about that.

Declining to accept substitutes is one thing because the driver just removes it from the bag - that's different from taking it home and then returning it.

Infoman which supermarkets have taken back your food purchases? (none faulty ones of course)

Oopsadaisy4 Thu 17-Sep-20 07:46:07

riverwalk pre Covid I ordered 5 kilos of carrots by mistake, I wanted just 5, the driver took the others back and they refunded me.

infoman Sun 04-Oct-20 16:25:23

Just an update,took some canned items back to Sainsburys and was given a £3.50p shopping voucher.
As regards to M and S,
I sent off a e-mail to M and S customer services saying I wanted to return a tinned item to its local store and was refused.
M and S have now sent me a £5.00p voucher,and I would still like to find a home for the tin can of fish I am unable to eat.

NotAGran55 Sun 04-Oct-20 16:35:54

infoman

Just an update,took some canned items back to Sainsburys and was given a £3.50p shopping voucher.
As regards to M and S,
I sent off a e-mail to M and S customer services saying I wanted to return a tinned item to its local store and was refused.
M and S have now sent me a £5.00p voucher,and I would still like to find a home for the tin can of fish I am unable to eat.

Donate it to your local Foodbank .

toscalily Sun 04-Oct-20 16:43:56

So much fuss over a tin of fish? Find a hungry cat.

Callistemon Sun 04-Oct-20 17:00:24

toscalily ?? or one of these ?

glammanana Sun 04-Oct-20 17:46:29

My big fat cat Oliver would make short work of it no problem,seriously why not donate to a local foodbank easily done no drama.