Gransnet forums

Chat

What would you say to your younger self?

(107 Posts)
Foxglove77 Sun 20-Sep-20 20:33:34

I was given an old photo of myself aged about 8 by my Mum. Looking back at myself I looked a little shy and a little cheeky. 50 years later I would say to that little girl, dont listen to the bullies who make fun of your nose, they are just jealous of your slim figure. Dont worry about yearning for a pony, you will have your own pony from a foal for 32 years. Dont be sad wondering if you will ever have a boyfriend. You will meet your husband at college and be married for over 40 years with 2 children to be proud of and a lovely grand daughter. Dont worry about your career, your secretarial background will lead to a property law position which will serve you and your family well. Dont be sad, there are great times ahead!

Shropshirelass Thu 24-Sep-20 09:32:34

I would say 'Love yourself for who you are, be strong and don't let comments hurt you nor let people tell you what to do. Be your own person, think things through and don't be impulsive!'

I have had some ups and downs through life but am now stronger for it. Some of my downs I could have gone without but I suppose it made me the person I am today.

Lupin Thu 24-Sep-20 15:40:32

To my overly self-conscious and shy young person I would say "No one is looking at you dear". I read that somewhere. A nanny saying it to her young charge. Now, every time I stress over my appearance I say that to myself.

mamaa Sun 27-Sep-20 12:01:55

Emigrate to New Zealand in February 2020...

trooper7133 Sat 03-Oct-20 22:14:08

Don’t smoke ?

Bbnan Sat 03-Oct-20 22:38:43

If you meet the 1 early go for it you can have loads of years of happiness
Things-shift with the kids but when
The grand kids come the circle is complete..new experiences everyday after 40 yrs is wonderful. Family is every thing and we are so.lucky to be young enough and enjoy them

GagaJo Sat 03-Oct-20 22:40:43

I would say, don't worry about the crap start. You're going to achieve things you can't even dream of right now.

Oh, and no dieting! It'll just make you fat.