Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Mon 21-Sep-20 06:14:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight this morning, but its dry here in Brackley ,
A day of housework etc, with the Tour De France finished, nothing to watch until later in the week ,reminding myself this time last year , I was at Harrogate for World Cycling Road Race and Time Trial Championships , a memory still there.
Take Care ,
Mick

NannyJan53 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:48:09

Good Morning from a misty Black Country, but a sunny day is forecast.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I had a lovely day with limited family over for a BBQ, enhanced by the glorious sunny hot day yesterday. Now I have to get used to the fact I am even closer to 70 than 60 smile

Today I am off on a canal walk with my U3A group. First time since lockdown, so looking forward to that.

Wishing you all a lovely day

GrannyGravy13 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:46:49

Just had a text reminder apparently I have a dentist appointment first thing, so I best get going ??‍♀️

Mapleleaf Mon 21-Sep-20 08:39:48

Good morning,

It's a lovely bright morning here today. The last day of summer - autumn equinox tomorrow. (Yes, I know the weather forecasters have meteorological autumn starting Sept 1st, but I go with the traditional dates, so it's still late summer for me ???).

Had a busy day yesterday, household jobs in the morning and finished bulb planting (except for the tulips which will go in the ground late autumn) yesterday afternoon. So today, some ironing (I know how to party ??). Will listen to the two professors at 11. I'm sure the news will be grim, as some people refuse to be sensible and flock in their droves to the seaside not observing social distancing and mask wearing. What is wrong with them? Head in sand syndrome, I suspect. Though to be fair we've had very contradictory advice in the last months.

Keep safe one and all.

Nannytopsy Mon 21-Sep-20 08:39:44

Ashcombe we love the Loire, particularly around Chinon. We were there just a year ago. Stayed in Le Mans in 2017 on our journey down. There were ingenious modern cabins in a large garden and breakfast was brought to your patio! Note to self - must go there again!
It was misty in the night here in Suffolk and now it’s cloudy. Lifts to be given, compost to be bought today so must get moving.
I hope everyone has the best day possible.

Taichinan Mon 21-Sep-20 08:35:46

Have a great adventure stillearning and enjoy the sea air! ?

Pittcity Mon 21-Sep-20 08:30:01

Good morning from misty Colchester. It's going to burn off for another warm, dry day.
DH has gone fishing and I am going to take a long walk doing a few errands along the way.

GrannyOwl5 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:26:39

Good morning everyone. Day two of our holiday in North Yorkshire and it is a beautiful morning; sun burning away a bit of low floating mist across the fields we can see from our holiday cottage. Last few days of summer according to the weather forecasters. We are off to Bolton Abbey today - one of our favourite places. Looking forward to walking alongside the River Wharfe - birds, trees, clear water and paths wide enough to avoid having to do too much of the Covid Dance if we meet anyone!
Hope you all have a good day.

brook2704 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:25:17

Wishing you a great day out by the seaside stilllearning enjoy your day!

Pantglas2 Mon 21-Sep-20 08:23:56

Oh dear I’ve slept in.....those blackout curtains certainly work, even keeping out the dawn chorus!

Welcome to all newbies - this is the loveliest thread on GN although if you’ve been reading awhile, you already know that?

Need to sort ? insurance today and there’s ? curd to be made if I can find some jars - I’ve been known to use china mugs in the past!

A good day for absentees and all present and correct!

kittylester Mon 21-Sep-20 08:23:45

Morning all from a bright ish North Leicestershire.

I have had a bad night for the last 2 nights. When lockdown started, Dh and I were sleeping so badly that we decided separate bedrooms. We have decided to try sleeping together again - it's not going well!!

We are off to Clumber Park to meet DH's brother and his wife so hope it stays fine.

Sending love to everyone.

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 21-Sep-20 08:20:29

Good morning from a sunny N Hants. Flu jab this afternoon, but this morning I’ve decided I really must go through cupboards sorting out best by, use by dates. Tedious, but will be made easier by listening to the wonderful, free, online audio books, courtesy of the library.
Wishing everyone a good day and hoping those struggling find some peace.

Stilllearning Mon 21-Sep-20 08:19:42

Morning everyone from S Lanarkshire, cloudy and still but hopefully brighter by the afternoon. I have an adventure planned for today! I have been increasingly longing for a glimpse of the sea but a couple of plans to go with family have fallen through, for good reasons
but a bit frustrating. The thing is, I do drive a lot, but for many years now all very local, so a journey to the coast seems a big deal. Anyhow today I am donning my big girl pants and in company with Mr Google am off to the seaside!
As someone said, ‘I may be gone some time’!
Wishing a good day for everyone

Beauregard Mon 21-Sep-20 08:15:09

Good morning all from Derbyshire where it's bright and sunny at the moment. The last two days of warm weather, we're told, until Autumn arrives on Wednesday.

In readiness for this I did a bit of clothes sorting yesterday and got a few jumpers out. Mr B is reluctant to leave Summer behind but i'll be glad to as Autumn is my favourite season.

This afternoon we're going to our veg garden to do some picking - courgettes, beans, broccoli. We tied our onions up in the garage at the weekend - about 150 of them I think. We've had a bumper crop of everything this year, so should keep us going for a while.

Scentia we're due to go to Devon and Cornwall in two weeks time so will also be watching todays briefing to see if we will still be able to.

GrandmaFrench how lovely that you remembered my posts a couple of weeks ago when I was fretting about my hay crop. I can happily report that it turned out really well and was baled and stored a few days ago. A great relief...until next year!!. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Gingster Mon 21-Sep-20 07:58:54

Thank you Brook ?

Ashcombe Mon 21-Sep-20 07:58:37

Sark

Good Morning everyone from Oxfordshire.
Quite still outside and another lovely day forecast.
Ashcombe ? I don't know where La Sarthe is but we love SW France.
Monday morning already so off to work soon.
Best wishes to all and stay safe

In answer to your question, La Sarthe is a department in Pays de la Loire, having Le Mans as its main city. I travel here by car, using the Portsmouth to Ouistreham ferry.

flyinghandbagisback Mon 21-Sep-20 07:48:36

Thanks Marydoll, I post on these threads sporadically, usually when I haven't slept. X

Greyduster Mon 21-Sep-20 07:44:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s quite bright in South Yorkshire when the forecast was for fog. It is now officially Autumn here at Duster Towers, as yesterday Himself swapped his Tilley for his flat ‘at! Nothing exciting for us today. DH has an early medical appointment this morning and I have a mountain of ironing to tackle. Fish and chips for lunch today so no cooking - a treat! Be nice to be eating them at the seaside, but hey, you can’t have everything! Have the best, safest day you can folks.

Taichinan Mon 21-Sep-20 07:36:22

Morning all - from South Perthshire today. I brought DGD home after her weekend with me and have stayed the night. We did have such a lovely time together while DD and DGD1 were away having a lovely time with New Man and his boys. So today involves going home to the Angus coast - a lovely drive - and a start on some housework and ironing. All good things have to come to an end, and even the weather is forecast to change tonight. Enjoy your day everyone, and as always my thoughts are with those not feeling so bright just now. As Scentia says, let's all ?, even if we don't feel like it. ???

brook2704 Mon 21-Sep-20 07:28:38

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with mostly blue sky and another warm day is forecast for later.
Not much planned for today, I’ve an online dance exercise class this morning and then pottering in the garden this afternoon.
I had a lovely catch up video call with DS yesterday, I’ve not seen him for ages as he lives in Switzerland and I’m missing him. The video chats do help though as I like to actually see him to make sure he looks well!
Sorry to hear you’ve had a bad weekend scentia hope things are ok now
Enjoy your trip out marydoll!
I hope you soon feel better gingster and enjoy your time away
Wishing everyone the best day possible and take care whatever the day brings ?

Susan56 Mon 21-Sep-20 07:27:54

Good morning from Shropshire where another sunny day is forecast.

We have our flu jabs booked this morning.As we are in town we will do some shopping and depending on how busy it is maybe lunch out.

Thinking of gilly?and all with illness and worries?also Grammaretto and Georgesgran ?

Have the best day you can everyone.

Grandmabatty Mon 21-Sep-20 07:24:10

Good morning All. I only woke twice and was up once so that counts as a good night for me! It's grey here but I think it's to be a nice day. Fingers crossed as I have dgs and want to walk to the park. Nothing else is planned as this is a baby wrangling day and he is very strong willed! Have a good day all.

Gingster Mon 21-Sep-20 07:19:39

Good morning to all and it’s misty here in Essex. We’re off to Suffolk today for a couple of weeks. I accidentally,y left bags of ‘stuff’ there when we left 3 weeks ago, and I can’t really remember what was in there. I. Just hoping no food ?.

I seem to be getting up earlier and earlier. Although Ive been dozing on and off since about 5 , little pooch starts to bark, so I think I might as well get up. 6.15 this morning. Too early for me. ?

Scentia what a shame you had a bad weekend. You usually enjoy your time there, dont you !

Had a quiet day yesterday. Did t feel too good with stomache pains and lethargy. Hopefully today will be better.

Get well wishes to all who aren’t ‘quite the ticket.’

?

Marydoll Mon 21-Sep-20 07:16:03

Good morning from Glasgow, it's still quite grey here, but we are forecast some sunshine, but nowhere as warm as the south.

I've been up and down all night, so I'm shattered this morning. I saw a cup of tea beside my bed, drank it to find it was stone cold. Yuk!!!! DH must have left it and I hadn't even heard him. The irony of it, up all night and asleep when I should get up.

My friend, who is also the wife of DH's golf partner, phoned late last night to ask if I wanted to come out early to look at a sofa she is thinking of buying. She can sniff out a bargain miles away!
As I don't get out much, I obviously jumped at the chance!

Welcome to the thread FH and Ashcombe Hoping everyone has a good day.

12Michael Mon 21-Sep-20 07:13:26

Yes , I a few replies :
1 The Giro and Vuelta have yet to take place , Giro end of this month , Vuelta in November concluding the year , my personal memories of the TdF , used to listen French Radio Luxembourg in 60`s , first saw it live at the resort near The Hague in 73 , the following year in UK at Plymouth , and saw it in Paris twice in 80`s , in 94 saw in UK ,and marshalled on the Portsmouth stage in Havant.
In answer to Maw in RAF out in West Germany as it was , did Switzerland for a race near Geneva in Jura area there , but went into the area in France to the South East of Geneva, around Sallanches .
Mick

Jaxjacky Mon 21-Sep-20 07:09:48

Good morning Mick and all, a grey, chilly start, but promises of sun and warmth later. Seems late afternoon is the best part of the day, looking at the longer forecast I think the shorts and t shirts may be done for this year. Sort freezers today, small one needs defrosting prior to restocking, so some rearranging to do and eating out of it this week. Talking of eating out, have booked a meal out tomorrow evening, outside table reserved and the pub/restaurant is still doing the eat out offer. Just wanted to go out while we can, although it doesn’t help the freezer situation!!
Hair cut in the garden pm today = cold neck later in the week...never mind.
Have a calm day everyone, especially those struggling. X