Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Wed 30-Sep-20 06:11:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside this morning in Brackley .
Today a quiet day with a small shop early this morning, the afternoon after a small snooze will be spent watching cycling on Tv with somewhat belated season continuing .
A little housework as well .
Take Care ,
Mick

brook2704 Wed 30-Sep-20 07:40:19

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s just getting light, I can see some blue sky peeping through the clouds but it sounds very windy.
A warm welcome to all our recent new posters on this lovely friendly thread
Had a bit of a drama last night with DH spraying water all over the utility room floor whilst exchanging the water pipes on a new washer. What should have been a quickish simple job turned into a couple of hours mopping and wringing out towels. I was not too pleased!! All forgiven now though and harmony is restored ...
Not a lot planned today except a bit of sorting out summer clothes and sadly putting them away until next year. Later I’m meeting my friend for coffee and a catch up in the local garden centre cafe - I’m looking forward to that
Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs marydoll I hope you both thoroughly enjoy your very special day together
Brings back happy memories of many shopping trips in the past to the Trafford Centre mancgirl used to love browsing there ...
Take care everyone whatever the day brings ?

kittylester Wed 30-Sep-20 07:40:52

Morning all. It's a cloudy start to the day in North Leicestershire.

Dh and I both had a disturbed night - no idea why - but our cleaner will be here at 9.15 so no time for a slow start.

I have to do an online Sainsbury's shop and an small, actual Waitrose shop. And, I have lots of admin to do.

DH has an optician's appt this pm so I think I'll watch some tv while he is out and possible have a doze.

Sending love and best wishes to everyone with cares.

grannysyb Wed 30-Sep-20 07:41:40

Dark here, doesn't look very promising. Happy anniversary Marydoll. Not much planned for today, sort out paperwork, a bit of sewing, not very exciting! Hope everyone has a good day.

Gelisajams Wed 30-Sep-20 07:44:12

Good morning from a wet North Berwick. The weather was so nice yesterday so we got a good 10 miles of walking in along the beach and up the volcanic plug that overlooks the town.
Not what we will do today in the rain.
Happy Anniversary Marydoll hope you both have a lovely day.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Beechnut Wed 30-Sep-20 07:46:36

Wishing Mr&MryMarydoll a Happy Anniversary ?

Elizabeth1 Wed 30-Sep-20 07:49:37

Happy anniversary Marydoll have a good day flowers

Good morning everyone from a dark and dreich east coast of Fife. It’s been raining here all night long I’m sure I heard most of it and now with my electric overblanket I’m not shivering nearly as much even although I’ve had a dreadful night needing the loo far too many times. Think I got a chill sitting in my wheelchair having my family meet up in the Dundee car park eating a hamburger. (Well worth it) This weather we’re getting at the moment is pretty unpredictable, warm and sunny with a biting cold wind coming off that North Sea. I’m not complaining because I’m making good improvements with my walking challenge. Have a good day everyone do something today which will make you smile smile and let me hear about it. thanks

Marydoll Wed 30-Sep-20 07:54:33

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow.

Where is Grandmattie? She usually posts straight after Mick, as I did once upon a time! I can't quite get going these days! ? Remember those days, Kate?
I looked at the early posters and realised they were relatively new to the thread, so a warm welcome from me.
Kate, I hope your hospital visits went well.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes folks and the weather is exactly the same as it was forty three years ago, miserable.
My dress was covered in mud splashes, I had cracked ribs and 3p in my purse.
It didn't auger well!!!?

We have an exciting day planned, not! I'm off to the local football stadium for my flu vaccination. As it's too risky for me to go to hospital appointments or the surgery, I queried the appointment, to be told that it would be safer for me to be outside. ?☔
Normally we would have gone into Glasgow for a leisurely lunch, for me, some retail therapy so I suppose it will be takeaway instead.☹️

I woke up a bit unsettled. Vivid dreams again. Those bl**dy-injections to blame again!. I dreamt I had a phone call from the RA nurse, saying the funding was being withdrawn for my treatment, due to the cost. ☹️ It felt so real.
It was probably because DH and I were discussing the exorbitant cost, when I received yesterday's delivery. Thank goodness it was only a dream.

Sending my best wishes to Georgesgran, Grammaretto and their ill partners. What a worry for you.?

I plan to message gilly, today, but I'm not expecting a reply. She wasn't doing too well, the last time I heard from her. ☹️

Have a good day all.

NannyJan53 Wed 30-Sep-20 07:56:37

Good Morning from a drizzly Black Country. After a similar start yesterday it turned out to be an absolute glorious sunny day! Photo attached in our garden.

Over to Mums today, for a mooch round a garden centre, then lunch at the pub in the village where DD lives. They are still doing the 50% of food in September. Today is the last day!

Hope all went well with your Hospital Appointment *NanKate yesterday?

Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Marydoll wishing you the loveliest of days flowers

Best wishes to you all for a good day. With special thoughts of gilly and hoping you are ok if you are reading this.

Pantglas2 Wed 30-Sep-20 07:58:30

Morning all from a blowy but dry north Wales where I’m lolling abed having done my yoga ?‍♀️

I’m contemplating the fact we’re in lockdown from tomorrow evening just as my quarantine comes to an end.......thank the Lord I had my lovely olidays!

Special thoughts to Georgesgran who’s having the tough time that gets passed around this thread with worry about a loved ones health. I sometimes think it’s easier to be ill yourself than fretting about our dearest peeps!

?? to Miss Marydoll and DH although I know she doesn’t drink so I’ll be along to help her on Friday when my self imposed abstinence will end with proper fizz?

A belated happy birthday to Taichinan x

Gingster Wed 30-Sep-20 08:07:21

Good morning all. The sun is shining here in the Suffolk coast . Very calm and bright. It cheers your cockles, after days of drizzle and mizzle.

We will be going back to Essex for a few weeks tomorrow, GD is coming home from uni for the weekend. I’m not sure it’s a good idea. She’s not on lockdown but I don’t think it’s worth chancing the trains and buses and then returning to uni on Sunday. I’d love to see her but don’t want to put us at risk. Oh dear , what a quandary. I haven’t voiced my opinion - don’t like to interfere.

Happy Anniversary Marydoll. ♥️. How many years? ?

Best wishes for keeping safe everyone. ???

Pittcity Wed 30-Sep-20 08:11:39

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Our Wednesday meetup in the park has been cancelled because it was forecast to be wet....

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Marydoll

Oldbutstilluseful Wed 30-Sep-20 08:13:43

Wishing a very happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs Marydoll. from a sunny N Hants. You certainly had a wedding day to remember.
Marydoll with your take on life and the enjoyment you give to us all on this lovely thread, you are worth every penny your meds cost. Please don’t have anymore nightmares about it.

gillgran Wed 30-Sep-20 08:15:41

Good Morning to you all from a dry & bright Cambs., (more rain forecast for later).

Congratulations on your anniversary Marydoll. flowers

I, too, had a unsettled night, (not unusual for me). It seems that several of you have the same problems, I feel your pain.

Best Wishes to all you good folk, Take Care.

Greyduster Wed 30-Sep-20 08:19:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The South Yorkshire weather can’t make its mind up what it wants to so this morning. If you look out of the front windows it’s clearing; out the back it’s grey, blustery and horrible. My money is on the latter for the rest of the day. A quiet one for us anyway. I will clear out a drawer stuffed with rubbish; do some more work on the rug project, and cook a roast chicken for dinner.
A Happy Anniversary to Marydoll and Mr M!???. Have a good safe day, all, and remember: If at first you don’t succeed - sky diving is not for you!

NfkDumpling Wed 30-Sep-20 08:21:08

Morning All

There's a watery sun through the grey here in the north of Norfolk, but I fear it won't be here for long. Will go for a walk before the next bout of bad weather reaches us.

Have a lovely day Marydoll. flowers

Grandmabatty Wed 30-Sep-20 08:24:57

Happy anniversary to you Marydoll. The weather could have been kinder to you though. I'm out for breakfast this morning with ds. I don't see him that much so I'm looking forward to it. Nothing else planned. I'll tidy up the kitchen and do a bit of pottering. Have a good day all.

Susan56 Wed 30-Sep-20 08:25:22

Good morning from Shropshire.Rain forecast for most of the day.

A few indoor jobs to get on with this morning as its raining and then a quiet afternoon hopefully after our busy day yesterday.

DD1’s area will be in local lockdown from tomorrow which means they will have to cancel their holiday to Centre Parcs.They were meant to be going on Friday.Rules are a bit crazy as they can still have 30 people from the local area in their garden and we can still look after the children?‍♀️

Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Marydoll and belated happy birthday to Taichinan??

Thinking of Georgesgran and Grammaretto?and also gilly?

Have the best day you can everyone.

Nannytopsy Wed 30-Sep-20 08:35:41

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Lauranorder the weather here in Conway is wet and blowy, like yours. I expect you’ve got it now Pantglas.
We left Suffolk in rain but had a beautiful day for the second half of the journey, up the A5 to Snowdonia. It really is my favourite road!
Lovely hotel and had a great dinner but we are to be locked down on Thursday night. Not sure what that means for us - would we be able to go home on Friday as planned? Do we take to the back roads with our trusty OS map on Friday morning and make break for it into Gwynedd?! Should we cut it short? I didn’t realise the levels were that high here.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

dragonfly46 Wed 30-Sep-20 08:37:11

Good morning, as kitty said it is cloudy here in Leicestershire.

Happy Anniversary Marydoll and wishing everyone a good day.

Lins1066 Wed 30-Sep-20 08:37:39

Good morning Mick and all from a drizzly S Welsh coast. Yesterday's visit to the hospital for a blood test was very quick. I was met by a nurse at the door and shown where to go, hardly anyone there, in and out in five minutes. Noticeably less traffic on the roads too. We had a pub lunch later sitting outside our local in the sunshine. A Tesco delivery this afternoon and curry for supper, no cooking today.
Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Marydoll, it rained on our wedding day too and that was in July. It mattered not one jot.
Welcome LauraNorder and all new posters. Stay safe everyone.

cornergran Wed 30-Sep-20 08:42:34

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, wet corner of Somerset. A very happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs marydoll, a takeaway sounds good to me. Dust removal and a grocery delivery for us today. Dentist yesterday was horrid, my dentist left the practice and I’m not sure I have trust in this one. Another appointment in a month to finish the job, can only hope she knows what she’s doing. Best get a wriggle on, probably a good idea to be dressed when the groceries arrive, don’t want to traumatise the driver. grin Take care everyone.

MawB2 Wed 30-Sep-20 08:43:43

A very Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Marydoll.
At the risk of breaching anonymity I am sneaking in a wee pic of the happy couple
Wishing you many, many more happy years together!
? ? ?

Marydoll Wed 30-Sep-20 08:50:36

Thanks everyone!
Maw, I used to have a waist like that!?

brook2704 Wed 30-Sep-20 08:57:10

Love that picture Maw! Mr and Mrs Marydoll what a stunning couple you are!

Nannytopsy Wed 30-Sep-20 08:58:09

Happy Anniversary to the Marydolls!