Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Thu 01-Oct-20 06:15:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and although dry , there is a ground frost which in way will see the autumn leaves fall or give different colours on the trees .
Today , usual trip out via Buckingham to Bicester have a coffee and a bite to eat then small shop prior to bus home .
I have got to meet others socially on the bus ,and also in places such as the cafe in Bicester being a sort of regular customer the staff are friendly .
Take Care,
Mick

Gingster Thu 01-Oct-20 07:57:10

Good morning all. Grey and damp here on the Suffolk coast. It rained through the night but the wind has died down. Thank goodness , as we are going back to Essex today and we have to go over the Orwell Bridge. I hate it when it’s windy! ??. A good few years ago, we lost our caravan skylight as we went over the bridge. When we arrived home, we wondered where on earth it was. It was only friends of ours, who were travelling behind , saw it fly off in to river. It was quite a sizeable one too. ?

I went to the cinema yesterday, on my own as my neighbour who usually comes with me, was nervous about the social distancing. It was absolutely fine and I sat with no one beside me, in front of behind. It was a lovely film. ‘Hope Gap’.

Lovely pics from Urmstongran And ashcombe .

Good luck today dragonfly hope all goes well. ?

Can’t believe we are in October. I love September and it’s gone in a flash.

We tried to cure our creaky spare bed yesterday by putting board over the top of the slats, but it didn’t work. Still creaking. It must be the wooden frame. We’ll have another look when we are here next.

Hope some of you see the sun today - I don’t think we will.

Pleasant wishes to all. ???

Kalu Thu 01-Oct-20 07:58:18

Hoping your appointment has a positive outcome for you Dragonfly. ?

NannyJan53 Thu 01-Oct-20 07:59:27

Good Morning from a dark and damp Black Country.

Lovely meal out with Mum yesterday, and DD collected the Lasagne after work, I had made. Just wondering when I will be able to give her and the girls a hug again. sad

I am due a flu jab on Tuesday. Yesterday I received a text from Doctors Practice saying 'We are reqired to record the ethnicity of all patients who are receiving the flu jab. So basically they wanted a reply to the text with my ethnicity. I cannot reply as it says at the end 'Sender doesn't support replies'! hmm

Lovely photo's Urmston and Ashcombe viewed with a sigh of nostalgia as you all know we should be in Malaga at the moment.

Hoping all goes well with your appointment today Dragonfly

Wishing you all a good day with hugs for gilly

Rufus2 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:01:52

Pinch, Punch, First Day of the Month etc. etc.

OoRoo

dragonfly46 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:02:01

I got the same text*Mary*. Was it from Well? I hope they are scaremongering. I usually use Boots and have heard nothing from them.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:02:02

Good morning Mick and all

Like Sar53 has said it’s grey and damp here in S E Essex. I am exhausted ( Urmstongran chemist didn’t have any Nytol) it’s over three weeks since I have slept through ???

Not sure if I am going to Chelmsford with DH DD and baby or Lakeside with DD and baby leaving DH at home!!!!! I need a couple more gifts for my Christmas Parcel to send to eldest AC and DIL in Kenya, I really have resigned to the fact that we shall not be going before or for Christmas ?

Three rabbits day already ???

Thinking of absent posters ??

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Beauregard Thu 01-Oct-20 08:02:06

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's cloudy but dry.

I've postponed my weekly shopping trip until tomorrow, so some housework in store this morning, then collect grandsons from school this afternoon - can't wait to see their smiling faces, such a tonic, followed by dinner at my sons.

Hope all's well with you today dragonfly. Exciting to get your new allotment Jaxjacky.

Mr B not happy this morning. He's having a few aches and pains at the moment and has just informed me that I'm papergirl this morning, so I'd better get off soon before it gets busy with parents and children going to the school opposite the shop.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and has a good day.

MellowYellow Thu 01-Oct-20 08:03:44

Morning from a brightening south Cornwall. The pavement cafe next door has just put out their bistro tables and chairs. I love to see people drinking coffee and chatting at them, brings a continental feel to the town.

Lovely pic Ashcombe, how I miss France. Sigh. Jaxjacky, enjoy your allotment, we have our final site inspection this week before they stop for the winter. They're council-run and I like that, cos it means people look after them well. We're very privileged that the land hasn't been used for building on.

Today my dishwasher is coming, yippee, no more struggling to stand at the sink.

TIB. Ha ha, I had to work that one out! FWIW I'm enjoying CIB. ?

The best of days to you all.

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 08:14:37

Dragonfly, it was indeed from Well. I'm surprised, as our pharmacy are practically useless, but it's difficult for me to change for various reasons.

I got a text, as did my son and SIL, but not my daughter. Our numbers here in Scotland are rising at an alarming rate.
We had planned to go for a fish tea after the flue jab, to celebrate our anniversary, but DH was reluctant after hearing the daily briefing. So it was the chippie for us!?

For those curious about my cracked ribs on my wedding day, it was caused by the hacking cough I was experiencing from my undiagnosed lung condition, which put me in the high dependency unit for six weeks just after my wedding. That was the beginning of a lifetime of health issues.

If you didn't all know me, you would think I was one of those posters who live in a fantasy world and I'm spinning a yarn.
I can assure you, I'm real!!! ?

MellowYellow Thu 01-Oct-20 08:14:54

I've pm'd you GrannyGravy.

Greyduster Thu 01-Oct-20 08:24:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire, but it’s all change tomorrow with a long spell of rain forecast. We are planning a walk round the Botanical Gardens today, and then have a meal out, but on the way I have to call in at Dunelm and buy a new ironing board cover (I love Dunelm - we could be in there all day and never get to the Botanical Gardens!). I know if I wash the old one again it will fall to bits. Have a good safe first day of the month, one and all! October, eh? Who’d have thought it? What a year!

FannyCornforth Thu 01-Oct-20 08:25:25

Good morning Mick and everyone from me here in Derby (and an extra special GM to kittylester and NannyJan53 smile)
Hope that everyone has a good day, especially if it involves appointments or similar.
I've got my first appointment with Rheumatology today! I'm a bit scared to be honest. I'll report back x

Nanabanana1 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:30:39

Good morning all from a lovely bright Torbay, hurrah 1st October which means we can now walk our doggie on the beach, he does love the beach. So that will be me this morning.
Good luck for today Dragonfly, hasn’t this year gone fast, my daughter had her operation at the same time as yourself and you were very kind with your advice.
Hope today has only good things for everyone xx

NannyJan53 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:31:43

Good Luck Fanny flowers

MawB2 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:38:53

Good morning all from N Bucks
Goodness it was wet yesterday, hope that is not a foretaste of things to come!
Normally I love September and October and the turning of the leaves, crisp fresh mornings- but this morning everything is truly soggy.
Good luck to all with medical appointments today, I hope they bring you positive news and peace of mind - the latter a rare commodity these days.
Thought for the day - was the world always such an aggressive, hate-filled place? Was I just unaware of it in my small family “bubble” where potty training seemed the worst thing to worry about? Somehow it seems to have percolated right through to our own lives and that saddens me.
Apologies for my negative start to the morning - a chamberpot of tea is clearly needed! brew smile

gillgran Thu 01-Oct-20 08:38:55

Good Morning to you all from Cambs., The sun is trying to appear, & it's dry. ( The calm before the storm, as the forecast is dire for the next few days).

I did see the "Harvest" Full Moon when I was awake at 3 this morning, so some reward for these restless nights.
I do regularly get up a couple of times during the night, but the last few months have been much worse.

Take Care Folks

Grandmafrench Thu 01-Oct-20 08:41:59

Good Morning everyone from a calm, warm but overcast S of France. Made wonderful progress dismantling lots of framed photographs yesterday. Not enough walls for display and we want to update and hang some new ones. Then every photo we own will be put on a hard drive - for family, posterity or whoever draws the short straw ?.

My little ?boy cat/old gentleman cat is unwell today. A Vet visit must be made since we always worry about his kidneys.

Waiting for a DHL delivery which has mysteriously turned into a La Poste delivery this end. Cross that we have paid £20 for DHL and no problems when they have passed it on to the French postal service. Well, ‘service’ is not a word I’d choose. So we now have to hang around to sign at a time they may decide to ring the bell...or, as has often been the case, they put a note in our box saying ‘absent’ so we have to go tomorrow and collect, or - worse - they throw the parcel in our box (to which all delivery services have a key) at the end of our drive. And no signature obtained. Years and years and the delivery arrangements just get worse. Stop ranting now, ?, and enjoy that much missed walk on the ?.

Bon courage! dragonfly. Hope your new d/washer gives you lots of pleasure, mellow ( and try to rest that hip).

NannyJan you’ll have a bit of time before Tuesday, hopefully, to decide on your ethnicity. ?

Make it the best Pinch or Punch day, you can, #allthegrans, be good to yourselves if you’re worried or poorly. Things are going to change and life will get better.

Hugs and please take care all ????

EllanVannin Thu 01-Oct-20 08:49:08

Good Morning All x. White Rabbits !
April showers this morning. Sunny in parts, but it's raining. Temp. is about 9 degrees but I haven't got the heating on, just a couple of hours in the evening does me for now.

I'm so annoyed that here on Merseyside the virus is rampant.
I knew it would happen----selfish idiots. The tunnel should be closed to stop them coming here ! It's just not fair.. The Liverpool Mayor is calling for a complete lockdown to try and halt the deaths that are occurring as well as the general spread of the virus, but guess who'll get the blame if it does happen ?

Needless to say I won't be going far again, just local shops. Oh for a variety of food. Without the choice you're pretty limited and it's starting to get me down now as you can see.

I'm beginning to sound like a crotchety old hag grin

Thoughts to Dragonfly for todays visit which I hope goes well x
For anyone else who finds themselves with problems of sorts I hope things improve, Gilly especially. flowers xx

Stay safe everyone and have a good day.

Anniebach Thu 01-Oct-20 08:51:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Pittcity Thu 01-Oct-20 08:53:29

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
Just turned the page on the calendar and rubbed out yet more planned trips. I've been writing everything in pencil this year.
Supposed to be driving to Plymouth today to bring DS home after he passes out of his initial Navy training tomorrow. This is off because of Covid.
A trip to Lidl and a pile of ironing is today's agenda instead.

Lins1066 Thu 01-Oct-20 08:54:26

Good morning Mick and all. A beautiful sunny morning here on our corner of the S Welsh coast with a clear blue sky. Will make the most of the weather today as the forecast for the next few days is not so good. Hope your appointment goes well dragonfly, gosh that year went quickly.
Stay safe everyone.

Susan56 Thu 01-Oct-20 09:02:45

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining.

Today is our Henry day.I haven’t felt 100%this week so DH is in charge?We will pick DGD up from school this afternoon.

Hope the appointments go well for Dragonfly and Fanny and hope you get positive news of your DH’s scan Georgesgran.

Thinking of gilly and all our missing posters.?

Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Thu 01-Oct-20 09:12:16

MawB ?. I saw a very aggressive and rude response to a post from you on another thread. It was do unnecessary. I almost posted myself but didn't want that particular thread to have more posts than it already did, if you see what I mean.

Gelisajams Thu 01-Oct-20 09:13:50

Good morning from a very wet North Berwick where we are packing up the camper to go home. Thank fully DH listened to me and we put the awning away last night. Will read everyone’s posts and catch up as we travel back. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

monk08 Thu 01-Oct-20 09:14:13

Morning all from a wet black country . Marydoll my DH got the same text from his pharmacy we only picked up his prescription last week so not due for another 3wks.