Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Thu 01-Oct-20 06:15:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and although dry , there is a ground frost which in way will see the autumn leaves fall or give different colours on the trees .
Today , usual trip out via Buckingham to Bicester have a coffee and a bite to eat then small shop prior to bus home .
I have got to meet others socially on the bus ,and also in places such as the cafe in Bicester being a sort of regular customer the staff are friendly .
Take Care,
Mick

Alegrias Thu 01-Oct-20 09:21:48

Morning all from a regular reader and occasional poster smile.

Yesterday DH and I had our first meal out since February. Fish and chips at a restaurant overlooking a wet and windy harbour in Gourdon on the East Coast of Scotland - Taichigran we may have been near you! Staying in today to get over the excitement.

Happy October to everybody.

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 09:21:52

monk mine aren't due for another two weeks, but I may just order anyway The last lot took two weeks to sort out, then they couldn't find them! ?
I have twenty different medications, so it can be a logistical nightmare to get them all on time. There is always something missing.

On the other hand the hospital phone me, ask what day suits and they are delivered to the door. It's like night and day!
Thank goodness I have my wits about me and can sort out any problems.
When I think back to my poor mum, she couldn't have coped. sad

Mapleleaf Thu 01-Oct-20 09:24:35

Good morning everyone,

I haven’t read the posts yet as it’s almost time for my class, but wanted to say a quick hello before it got too late.

It’s a beautiful morning here, bright but chilly. Not a bad start to October (where are the months going).

Hope you all have the best day you can and ? to our missing posters.

Urmstongran Thu 01-Oct-20 09:34:27

That made me laugh Alegrias ?

Alegrias Thu 01-Oct-20 09:40:05

Urmstongran wink

Nannytopsy Thu 01-Oct-20 09:57:20

Good morning everyone. Lovely day here in North Wales. Sad to say that the glorious weather is rather wasted on us. Conwy goes into lockdown tonight and the hotel is closing. Going home early was not on the plans ?.

Ashcombe Thu 01-Oct-20 10:20:09

Bad luck, Nannytopsy. It looks so beautifully peaceful.

Stilllearning Thu 01-Oct-20 10:23:13

Morning from lovely sunny S Lanarkshire. Most unusually I slept late this morning so just want to say best wishes to dragonfly for her appointment and to anyone else waiting for medical results. Hope you had a nice anniversary Marydoll, missed everything yesterday as had a very busy day, hence oversleeping I think. Lovely picture Ashcombe, brought back memories. Have a good day everyone

GrannyOwl5 Thu 01-Oct-20 10:35:04

Good morning everyone from a damp and grey north Kent. At least the rain has bedded in my winter plants.

As we were turning into our drive yesterday after doing a bit of shopping we saw an elderly lady sitting on the pavement opposite having taken a tumble. Obviously we rushed over to help her up, but there was a little voice in my head that was telling me it was the closest I had been to anybody other than DH for several months. I was wearing a mask, but she and DH weren’t. We all agreed that we were comparatively safe. It was interesting though how we now do Covid risk assessments in all sorts of situations.Fortunately she was just shaken up but unhurt and didn’t need any help getting home.

I have a watercolour painting of a sun flower to finish so better get to it.

I hope all the medical appointments go well and those feeling under the weather feel brighter soon. Have a good day everyone

Borrheid55 Thu 01-Oct-20 10:40:52

Morning Marydoll! Glad your flu jab went well. Just been reading about the difficulties many people would have getting to the stadium. My arm was sore and bruised for a few days but fine now. Overcast here in Kent after a night of heavy rain. I got my bulbs in last month - daffs, fritillaries, grape hyacinth, crocus and snowdrops. Some tulips from last year too. Should be nice in the spring, which we get much earlier than Scotland! What did you end up doing for your anniversary? Hope everyone has a lovely day! ☀️☀️

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 01-Oct-20 11:21:18

Message no 1 has disappeared!!! Anyway Good Morning all from Sunny Harrogate. Pantglas you live in a beautiful part of the country, I was speaking to friends in the Conwy valley yesterday and they were telling me Lockdown begins today 6pm. We should have been there next week!! Nothing much on today, am waiting a call from my GP probably to tell me my lungs are completely knackered! Will do a bit of baking before lunch (better hurry up)
Hope everyone has a good day today

maydonoz Thu 01-Oct-20 11:21:35

Good morning all from a part sunny and part cloudy Welwyn, Herts.
It's good to be back to normal temperatures after spending five weeks in Turkey where some days it was 38 degrees, just too hot to go out during the day, but we were able to swim in the sea most morning which was lovely.
Now just getting back to normal routine here.
We noticed the Covid restrictions there were much stronger than here and reportedly under control.
Have a nice day everybody.
Green beans are waiting to be par boiled and frozen!

19Maria61 Thu 01-Oct-20 12:53:47

Hello everyone, I have be never been here before but I’m glad I came. What lovely messages. Do you have room for another?

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 13:17:30

We certainly do! Welcome.
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. You dont need to say much. Tell us where you live and what the weather is like. Urmstongran, will probably ask how much your house is worth. Don't be alarmed she is only joking. ?

Pantglas2 Thu 01-Oct-20 13:33:14

I know GwenisGreat! That pic NannyTopsy took is one of my favourite walks down from the Castle and around the Beacons.

Shame your breaks have been curtailed/cancelled but hopefully you’ll be back soon for a proper Welsh croeso ???????

Feelingmyage55 Fri 02-Oct-20 10:43:24

Good morning from a drookit but sunny north of Scotland. Washing out, groceries unpacked, bed changed and duvet airing in the sun. Tea and Danish pastry then I might wash the windows or I might just brush away the multitude of spiders webs which I always feel guilty about. My brush must be like a tornado to them. The afternoon promises the delights of the French Open. I only watch the men ?.