Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Sun 04-Oct-20 06:12:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Very easy going day for me , watch TV maybe London Marathon , have lunch and then watch the Giro this afternoon, and hope the weather improves later .
Take Care ,
Mick

NannyJan53 Sun 04-Oct-20 08:35:21

Good Morning from a very wet and dark Black Country.

Partner is supposed to be on a cycle ride this morning, not sure if he will now though.

Spent yesterday doing housework, making a blackberry and apple crumble and reading.

Roast lamb for dinner tonight, that will be the excitement for today smile

Safe journey Ashcombe

Wishing everyone a good day, with special hugs for anyone facing difficult times or illnes flowers

Pittcity Sun 04-Oct-20 08:47:45

Good morning from Colchester where it is still raining.
Was it just a couple of weeks ago when it was so hot and dry that we were praying for rain? Now I need to build an ark....
Quiet Sunday in with a roast pork dinner.

Nannytopsy Sun 04-Oct-20 08:47:49

Good morning Mick and all his followers from soggy Suffolk. We live on a small hill and the water races past the house to the stream at the bottom of the hill.
I had my flu jab with no problems yesterday and DH has his today. He is the other side of 65 and in a different session. Next year we can go together!
I could start some decorating but don’t really feel like it. Knitting? Sewing I think.
Spiced lamb with tzaziki and salad tonight.
Have the best day that you can.

Lins1066 Sun 04-Oct-20 08:48:28

Good morning Mick and all. Wet and windy here on the S Welsh coast. We have done the Quistreham/Portsmouth crossing many times over the years Ashcombe have a safe journey. Had our flu vaccines yesterday, it was organised very well, sectioned area on the ground floor which was marshalled by staff who made sure there was social distancing. A nurse and a doctor administered the jabs, we were back in the car within five minutes. Like EV we have braising steak and onions for later. Nothing planned for today except reading and tackling the sudoku. For those with plans hope you enjoy.
Stay safe everyone.

GrannySomerset Sun 04-Oct-20 08:53:13

Still very wet and windy this morning, and has been all night so definitely not an outdoor day. DH has yet to decide if he wants to come to church but suspect he will stay put in the warm and dry. Nothing planned though perhaps a few phone calls will fill the afternoon. All very dull.

grannysyb Sun 04-Oct-20 08:53:37

Good morning all, wet here as well. DH has gone to a drawing class at Citylit. Lots of tidying up here and sewing. Roast pork for dinner and gooseberry crumble. Hope everyone has a good day and those with problems find some solace.

Anniebach Sun 04-Oct-20 08:54:42

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 04-Oct-20 09:00:11

Morning all from an overcast South Notts. Heavy showers yesterday but it's dry for the moment.

I expect to go shopping a little later and then it's feet up with the newspaper. The grass is too wet to mow so I'll have to pretend it's a wildlife meadow. Apart from that I hope it'll be a nice quiet day.

Beautiful gingerbread house Bellasnana very well put together.

Hope all is well with everyone especially those with illness or worries. Thinking about our absentees.

PammyHoops Sun 04-Oct-20 09:17:55

Morning all from a grey and cloudy Portsmouth.

I have been invited to walk along the seafront with DD1 and GC as I have had another busy week working from home And virtually no exercise.

Depending on how much rain is coming down I might suggest a coffee overlooking the beach and watching the ferry’s coming in.

Nortsat Sun 04-Oct-20 09:24:07

Good morning Mick and the GM team from wet east London.

I had a lousy day yesterday with my condition and the side effects of the necessary meds. Feeling a bit delicate today.
We must finish our online grocery order today, as it didn’t get done yesterday.
I plan to roast a big piece of pork today. It was delivered as a replacement for our normal size joint but is twice the size, at no extra cost. I will freeze the remainder in meal sized portions and we will enjoy them in the coming weeks, as they are ‘free’.

Sending ? to those facing challenges and thinking of gilly and bluesapphire. Have a lovely day everyone.

Grandmafrench Sun 04-Oct-20 09:51:00

Good Morning everyone from a gloriously sunny S of ??
Not gloating...just thought you are all suffering from an excess of bad weather news at the moment.

You’re a dear to ask, GrandMattie but luckily the terrible storms struck along the SE of the country. This time, nearer the Spanish end, we escaped with a few heavy showers.

‘Bottom, the ? hedgehog’ that made me laugh, Nfk . And, yes. I reckon if this coming week doesn’t take a huge turn for the better on this thread, we should arrange the posting of a giant group hug, at an appointed time, to raise the ‘cheer’ levels for everyone. Hopefully the site wouldn’t crash ?

Feel better today, Nortsat and sorry about your night fright, Greyduster. Hopefully there’s a simple explanation - something you ate, for example. Very glad the birthday girls had reasonable days in spite of all the efforts that Life is currently making to trash all plans!

Welcome pammyhoops to a fabulous GMorning family. If you had gone for coffee tomorrow morning, you could have waved at Ashcombe ‘s ferry coming in.

We’re off for a beach walk with the dogs, who will sing to us from the back of the car every time we slow down or indicate...they know how to drive! But, they are possibly only marginally more excited than us, since we have a small picnic.

Best of days to everyone, please remember it takes more effort and many more muscles to frown, so smile folks ( #lazygran)
To all with worries, especially for dear family members, hope you get some good news soon. Take care and stay safe.

Hugs from French France ????????

hollysteers Sun 04-Oct-20 10:20:37

Morning all, Sun appearing on our west coast but house freezing as holding out against turning the central heating on in this largish house now on my own. Extra sweaters are not cutting it although the halogen heaters are handy. Will put it on for daughters arrival tomorrow. Will actually COOK something?
Nothing amazing today, just sorting two drawers of explosions (the only good thing to come out of lockdown is sorting stuff).
My apples from the garden are tiny, but sweet, will make some smoothies.
Thoughts to Gillybob and all with worries.

LauraNorder Sun 04-Oct-20 10:28:09

Good morning Mick and all from a soggy Anglesey. Wind howled and rain poured throughout the night.
Bore da to all my fellow Wales dwellers.
Bonjour to our France dwellers and bon voyage to Ashcombe and of course gudday to those in Aus.
Chicken dinner today followed by apple and blackberry crumble with custard, yum.
Hope Urm’s family only have a mild dose and recover quickly.
Wishing you all a good day, a little laughter goes a long way so let’s try to find something funny even if it’s only finding our reading glasses in the fridge, wasn’t me guv, honest.

CherryCezzy Sun 04-Oct-20 10:31:04

Good morning everyone from the Gower. It's hammering it down here and windy too.

Thank you for your well wishes Susan. I had a blinding headache all day yesterday but ? so far so good today. Still worn out though ?. I hope you are feeling less fatigued and are getting your mojo ? back x

The footie kicks off early today but my team have a tough match. I must watch my blood pressure ? ?. Faggots for dinner today, comfort food ?

I've literally lost the plot of this lovely GM thread this morning ? so I'll say have a good Sunday one and all and take gentle care of yourselves if you are feeling under the weather or not up to par ?

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

LadyHonoriaDedlock Sun 04-Oct-20 10:31:51

Good morning all from a damp but brightening Glasgow.

Grandmabatty Sun 04-Oct-20 10:38:47

Good morning All from a wet and grey Polmont. I'm a bit later as I had to do a food shop. My plans to do one yesterday were scuppered by dd's car having a flat and I had to rescue dgs and take him to my house for a while. We did have a nice catch up with my aunt and uncle though. Today is going to be a restful one. I'll make a steak in Guinness casserole and a banana loaf for my sil who loves it. Other than that, just pottering. Have a good day all.

Kalu Sun 04-Oct-20 10:53:37

Good morning all from a well watered Glasgow. I’m a tad late this morning due to the wonky meds but, on my second espresso to clear the woozy head and give me a kick start.

Bon voyage Ashcombe
So pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your day yesterday EV
I’m envious of your 3ft urn Marydoll. The exciting part too is planning what you will plant in it. A trip to an outdoor garden centre possibly.
Your GD has made a very good job of her gingerbread house Bellasnana. ? Any messages/FaceTimes with our DGC is always a plus.
I will join you in the group ((hug)) for our little community NanKate. Something we are all in need of at one time or another.

Hope everyone has a good day whatever you are up to and special good wishes to our friends coping with whatever problems you may be facing.
I know you are going through a very hard time gilly. Only hope I could help you in a more constructive way but I am sending you love and strength and a reminder you are always in our thoughts. ?

Taichinan Sun 04-Oct-20 11:02:41

Good morning Mick and everyone from the Angus coast - where it actually isn't raining for the moment and I've been watching the skeins of geese going over. That's my favourite sight and sound at this time of year, so all's well with my world. I didn't manage to get back in to read yesterday's posts and so I shall wish EV and Beauregard the happiest of extended Birthdays ??? It sounds as though you both enjoyed your special day.

I don't honestly know where yesterday went. The rain was horrendous - but thankfully no wind - and I didn't so much as put a nose outside. I know I read a big chunk of my latest book, "Watching You" by Lisa Jewell, which was sooo slow to start. It suddenly grabbed me yesterday and I found it hard to put down. I did, though, to watch Strictly The Musicals. How I love that series, it's so uplifting and joyous. My greatest guffaw of the week came courtesy of BBC Scotland's subtitles again. The weather forecaster was talking about the rainfall, saying it was "all down to store my legs". It took me a couple of seconds before my brain translated that into Storm Alex!! You're quite right Grandmafrench - it's so good to have a laugh!

Welcome to this lovely thread Pammyhooops which is like a virtual hug to read. You will know what the weather is like all over the British Isles, and what we are all having for tea (roast beef here) and discover how alike we all are in our second childhood ?. Your GD's cake is a resounding success Bellasnonna. Love the photo! And welcome back to Britain Ashcombe - I hope the quarantine passes quickly for you. What weird times we are living through.

As usual healing thoughts to all who need them. I do so admire how upbeat you are, in spite of pain, illness and worries. As G'mafrench says - let's all smile! ???

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 04-Oct-20 11:05:32

Good morning all from cloudy Harrogate (think the clouds will fall later)! DD arrived yesterday afternoon with small GS, she decided to take the chance despite me having a covid test arriving this evening. I managed to keep my hands off the little boy - he's sooo huggable! - if you search facebook for "thisisElijahUK" you'll see what I mean. DD1 had wanted us to go for tea this pm, but she has decided in the circumstances, my DH should go and collect the plated meals!! I have just made some Rocky Road for DH to take her - that's bang goes any attempt at finding my waistline.

Hope everything improves for those with worries. Keep well!

Urmstongran Sun 04-Oct-20 11:07:56

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous sunny day ?

I’m late. I’ve had 3 very long phone calls - one with our Covid warriors and two with friends.

Good job we’re an hour ahead in Spain as it’s almost midday and I haven’t breakfasted yet and I’m still in my pj’s!

The family are doing well. Fatigued both - but son-in-law has no high temperature now (good). Our daughter sounded a bit breathless on the phone but she was talking to me whilst walking upstairs. They are playing tag - taking turns to have a lie in and a mid afternoon rest whilst the other one minds the smalls.

I was reassured by the fact that when my phone went it was the 3 year old granddaughter singing me a song.
?

I’ve been handed a cup of coffee so I’m going to settle down and read all your posts now. Using Himself’s pad. Must ensure he has enough battery percentage on it later so he can watch Man. Utd on it!

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

GrannyOwl5 Sun 04-Oct-20 11:22:01

Good morning everyone from a wet and grey north Kent. Have braved the elements to collect my new specs from a well known specs store. My new glasses are a trendy metallic red and I am very pleased with them - I can also see quite well which is reassuring!

A couple of things on the go today; I am half way through a watercolour painting which is going well - at the moment although that can change in the flick of a brush! I have a tricky jigsaw on the go which I am determined to overcome. In between all that I an watching the golf being played in a downpour in Scotland.

Seems there are some delicious dinners being prepared. Enjoy! Those with family and health worries I hope things improve. Stay safe everyone.

mrswoo Sun 04-Oct-20 11:26:11

Good morning from Newcastle where its surprisingly dry after yesterday's rain which was more or less non-stop. I'm going to put the washing out soon so fingers crossed it stays dry ( it won't now, of course!)
We spent yesterday afternoon watching "Us" on iplayer where they have the full series. Its definitely worth watching and I was a wee bit tearful at the end. I won't say more as there are still 2 episodes to go if you are watching it weekly on the BBC.
I learnt a new phrase yesterday "hurkle-durkling" its 18th century Scottish meaning lazing about/ lying in bed and I immediately thought of all the good morningers with their chamber pots of tea! You know who you are!
I'm thinking of everyone who has worries and is unwell and under the weather and hope today is a better day for you all flowers

Mapleleaf Sun 04-Oct-20 11:37:31

Morning all from a brighter and dryer South Yorkshire. It didn't stop to think about it yesterday - a very wet day.

I had to pop to town to have my glasses adjusted and what a palaver trying to see where I was going what with wearing a mask, juggling a brolly and bag and glasses steaming up constantly. In the end I took my glasses off outside - it was far less dangerous! ?

Anyway, once home again, I had a much less adventurous time, just pottering and reading.

Today I've just about finished my chores and DH and I might pop out to our local garden centre in a bit for some lunch.

I hope you all have the best Sunday possible. Take care.

Lilactime75 Sun 04-Oct-20 11:59:46

Good morningfrom a sunny, windy North Lincolnshire. Lovely walk this morning through the lakes. Had a good socially distantanced catch up with friends. Met some new hens and magnificent cockerels. Had a chat with them! Back to work tomorrow- standing in for lady who was knocked off her bike, broken ankle and toes. She’s in hospital waiting for an operation. Stay safe everyone- no-one knows what’s round the corner.

LauraNorder Sun 04-Oct-20 12:26:05

Well what a finish from Kitata, hope you enjoyed watching it Mick, I know I did. Connor suffering. Mellor doing well. Very strange marathon but still enjoyable.