Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Sun 04-Oct-20 06:12:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, wet and windy here in Brackley this morning.
Very easy going day for me , watch TV maybe London Marathon , have lunch and then watch the Giro this afternoon, and hope the weather improves later .
Take Care ,
Mick

cornergran Sun 04-Oct-20 06:21:45

Morning Mick, morning All. Dark, chilly, wet and windy in our corner of Somerset. No idea why I’m awake this early, little incentive to get up that’s for sure. Faffing this morning, seeing some of the family later, it seems I’m feeding them, wish all of us luck grin. A hug for all those with worries, take care everyone.

Ashcombe Sun 04-Oct-20 06:30:29

Bonjour, tous mes amis,

My last message from France as I’m heading to Ouistreham this evening for the overnight ferry to Portsmouth. I have dutifully completed the required government form so they should let me in!

On arrival in Torquay, I have to quarantine for two weeks! Deep joy! But I know others are going through far worse experiences.

To all facing worries and illness within their families, I hope some light will soon lift your spirits.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

grandMattie Sun 04-Oct-20 06:31:12

Good morning from a dark, cold, Wet and windy E Kent.
I’m up late for me but didn’t have a good night. Very disturbed night as usual. It’s exhausting.
Nothing much on today - virtual church, roast beef for dinner.
Lovely surprise yesterday. DS2 knew we like whole salmon to portion and freeze for “later”, found one for £19 at Morrison. He bought it for us and brought it here. It is a 45 minute drive each way, bless him. As he is my most precious, beloved “baby”, it was doubly nice to see him,
Hope all those in distress or pain have the best day possible, stay safe.

Pantglas2 Sun 04-Oct-20 06:36:51

Morning Mick and Cornergran from a dark north Wales where I suspect it’s damp on t’other side of the curtains!

Blackberry and apple jam to be made and potted this morning then a perusal of a newspaper ? this afternoon before a roast pork n trimmings dinner with some vanilla cheesecake for afters! Lovely lazy day......?

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday x

Bellasnana Sun 04-Oct-20 06:43:35

Good morning from Malta. It is another sunny day, hopefully not as hot as yesterday.

Mick, I really enjoyed watching the giro! I was very impressed as that hill from Monreale down to Palermo is pretty steep. It was good to see so many familiar places whilst marveling at the stamina of the cyclists.

Also watched the tennis, some good matches and surprise winners. I’m rooting for Rafa today as I know you will be NanKate. He was sublime against poor Travaglia on Friday so hope he’s still on form.

Watched DGD assemble her gingerbread house sent to her by DD1. I attach a photo. I think she did a good job!

Safe travels, Ashcombe. Stay safe everyone, and hugs for those who need one.☀️

MellowYellow Sun 04-Oct-20 06:45:42

Morning all from dark, wet south Cornwall. Chilly here so I've put on my M&S onesie, so comfy. Church in some shape or form plus knitting and pottering today methinks. My son collected 4-year-old from me yesterday and later messaged that I looked 'young and well'. It did me so much good as I generally feel decrepit! Dreamt last night I could walk without crutches. It felt amazing. The best of days to you all. flowers

Spice101 Sun 04-Oct-20 06:50:39

Good morning from Melbourne.
Another warm day 29 degrees - the third in a row and some rather warm nights. But - tomorrow and the rest of the week will be back to low to mid teens so I'm not changing the duvet to the summer one just yet. Not sure whether to have the heating or cooling on.

Our clocks went forward this morning so missed out on an hour of "sleep".

Had a wonderful catch up with son, dil and 2 grandsons (4 & 6) this morning. First time we have seen them for 4 months. It was wonderful to be able to see them again and a joy to have the boys race up to us and say how much they have missed us.

Best wishes to all

kittylester Sun 04-Oct-20 07:25:55

Morning all from an overcast North Leicestershire.We have a lovely day in prospect as DD2 and 2DGD are coming for lunch. We really appreciate the effort she puts in to coming here and keeping us safe.

She has requested paprika chicken for lunch so that is what we will have!

Sending positive thoughts to all who need them.

NfkDumpling Sun 04-Oct-20 07:28:24

Morning All

Just getting light here in the north of Norfolk. It was raining quite hard when I got up, but thankfully the giant watering can in the sky seems to have run out. Decidedly soggy out there, I think the water table has been topped up now.

Bottom, the hedgehog, only ate half his feed last night so he must have found some big juicy slugs to fill up on. The best slug deterrent there is!

Nothing much planned for today. A bit of knitting perhaps.

(((Hugs))) to all those in need of one. Perhaps we should arrange a GN group hug now virtual ones are the only sort we can have.

Beechnut Sun 04-Oct-20 07:31:13

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. A very wet and grey start to the day and don’t expect it to get any better.

A tidy up day for me as I have had a little rearranging in my living room. Apart from that I don’t know what I will get up too.

I’ve always wanted to make a gingerbread house Bellasnana. I think your GD’s is lovely and this year should be the year I make one.

Take care good morningers and families ?

Beauregard Sun 04-Oct-20 07:35:44

Good morning from Derbyshire. Weather not worth a mention.

Huge thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes and messages yesterday. It wasn't the best of birthdays but reading all the posts gave me a huge boost flowersflowersflowers to you all.

I went for my birthday meal with my DD as DH decided not to go as he wasn't feeling great. She drove (DH would have wanted to walk as it's not much more than a mile away - yes, even in the pouring rain!), which meant I had to tackle most of the (free) bottle of prosecco. Well I just had to didn't I - I'm not one to waste anything! I completed my task without any ill effects (sipping water at the same time helped). It did me the world of good. Slept through most of BGT when I got home though!!

Today we've got to move some fencing at the field. In the afternoon I will be watching Enable attempting to win her third Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.

Thinking of everyone with worries or illness. Hope today is a good day.

EllanVannin Sun 04-Oct-20 07:42:47

Good Morning All x.
It hasn't stopped raining here for over 24hrs so rather soggy everywhere. The old stray Tom cat must feel delighted being nice and snug in his kennel on days like this as before I bought the kennel a few years ago he'd been sleeping under a thicket of shrubs nearby in the next road.
I'll give him his breakfast soon.

Well I didn't end up talking to myself yesterday as firstly a lovely friend, Glammanana from here strolled along with her dog with a card and gift which was a lovely and unexpected surprise so we had a distanced chat outside.

Later on in the afternoon, D and GS popped along with more cards and presents so I did very well indeed. I hadn't seen GS for months so it was lovely to see him and he's a " hugger " so no distance involved, oh dear.
This afternoon it's the turn of GD who I haven't seen since before her partner died in March and who's still struggling.

I'll put the braising steak on soon to do slowly and we'll have carrots and cabbage with creamed potatoes and pineapple sponge and custard. That'll keep the wolf from the door grin

I'm expecting a call from D in Oz this morning she usually rings at 8.30am our time. I did get an email to say she'd be phoning as normally it would have been yesterday but she and her DH were out late with friends.

I've got another cup of builders tea here, an absolute treat first thing. It sets me up for the day. I can't see much cleaning going on today somehow but it'll still be here tomorrow says I. I don't think it matters.

Must put a spurt on and get the crumpets on the go before the phone goes or I won't hear anything for the rumbling tum if I don't have breakfast beforehand. Why do I wake up so hungry ? grin Good sign I suppose.

Anyway folks, I hope everyone's alright. Usual thoughts to those who aren't but hope that things pick up xx Gilly x
Stay safe and enjoy your day---and thank you all again for yesterdays greetings.x It made my day !

harrigran Sun 04-Oct-20 07:45:12

Good morning from a dull and damp NE.
Yesterday was a dreadful day, I am hoping it brightens up a little today.
Eldest GD had been off school all week but only found out when I messaged her to see if she had a good week.
Checked up on sister and she said she was fine she was out for lunch again, she goes out more in a week than I have been out this year.
Will read the newspapers and look for a film on Netflix, watched Mandela a long walk to freedom last night.
Stay safe everyone.

Susan56 Sun 04-Oct-20 07:45:44

Good morning from Shropshire where it is still raining.

Like corner, no idea why I am awake so early.Nothing planned so today will probably be a repeat of yesterday, household stuff this morning and reading this afternoon.

Cherry,hope you are feeling less tired today?

Thinking of all who are unwell and all who are worried about family members.Special thoughts to gilly?

brook2704 Sun 04-Oct-20 07:52:41

Good morning everyone from a very soggy Inverness. I’ve nothing planned for today, maybe I’ll brave the weather later and out go for a walk with a very big umbrella!
A lovely kind gesture from your DS2 grandmattie and a lovely photo from your talented DGD bellasnana
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today, have a safe journey Ashcombe and take care whatever the day brings

MawB2 Sun 04-Oct-20 07:52:56

Good morning all from sodden N Bucks ☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️
Could somebody please turn that giant tap off?
An indoor day again - D did suggest I visit them in London as I had not felt up to facing the M1, 25 and 11 in yesterday’s rain but there’s no change today. I think I am being sensible but still a bit cross with myself for giving in. So maybe clearing the filing in the study and some ironing will help make me feel I am putting the time to good use.
Wishing you wherever you are, the best day you can have and relief from pain for those ill or in distress.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-20 08:01:57

Good morning Mick and all

Well it has been raining in S E Essex since yesterday morning, thankfully I live at the top of a hill!!!

DD and GSs coming for lunch (roast chicken) other than that a pottering day.

Thinking of Urmstongran and all others with worries ????

gillybob I do hope you and yours are ok ???

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Sark Sun 04-Oct-20 08:02:20

Good Morning everyone...wet and in Oxfordshire.
Disturbed night but watching The Fall on Netflix before bed is probably not a good idea!
Roast lamb followed by apple and blackberry crumble for lunch yum!
Thinking of all with troubles and wishing everyone a happy Sunday

grandMattie Sun 04-Oct-20 08:08:15

Heard about the flooding in southern France. I hope you’re not too badly affected, grandmafrench

Greyduster Sun 04-Oct-20 08:17:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey but momentarily dry in South Yorkshire. I woke up in the night overheated, with my heart hammering out of my chest as if I had run a marathon. Took temperature. No fever. No idea where that came from. Took me ages to calm down. I’ll have to lay off the bathtub gin! We are supposed to be going to see GS mud wrestling playing football this morning, but I think I will let DH go on his own. I really don’t need the excitement! Sausage casserole with peppers and mushrooms for dinner. Have a good Sunday, folks.

Gingster Sun 04-Oct-20 08:20:32

Good morning all. Still wet and dreary here in Essex.

Yesterday was a nothing sort of day. Didn’t feel too good after my flu and pneumonia jabs. Probably all in the mind (DH felt fine after his) DG D is Home this weekend from Uni and popped in to see me. Don’t know if this was a good idea but I wasnt going to say I did t want to see her.

Mellowyellow - I’ve got my onesie on too. My favourite item of clothing! Snug and comfy. They all laugh at me but who cares ??

Bellasnanna , your GD made a good job of that gingerbread house. I usually buy kits near Christmas and have all the GC round for a sticky afternoon. Great fun! Some of them collapse and some are eaten before completion.

Safe journey home Ashcombe . I’m afraid the weather isn’t good over here but welcome back anyway. ?

Grandmattie what a lovely son you have . Obviously thinks the world of you. ♥️

Kind and caring thoughts to all. ???

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-20 08:21:34

Good morning all from a mild Glasgow, it's 53° celsius, the other morning it was below freezing.
We have a flood alert, so glad I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon. As if I'm allowed, anyway!

As we managed to watch the vigil church service last night, today will be spent reading the Sunday papers and catching up on some sewing alterations. It's a great affliction, having short arms and legs.☹️

I'm hoping to hear from my entrepreneur friend and neighbour. She is already away out, sourcing bargains!
Yesterday she spotted a HUGE garden urn, which usually retails at £300 at a car boot sale. She got it for £20!!!
When I admired it, she said she would look for one for me next time. A couple of hours later, she arrived at my door with a beautiful, 3ft high plum coloured one!!
Knowing how much I liked hers, she went back and got one for me.
She has kept me going all through shielding and is always doing things to keep my spirits up. A true friend! Luckily I was able to thank her with a bottle of wine and three Fry's Turkish delight, her favourites!?

I'm so glad you had a lovely day, EV, you deserve it.

Ashcombe, have a safe journey home!

To all our virtual family, sending hugs and praying for better times.?
Have the best day you can everyone.

Auntieflo Sun 04-Oct-20 08:25:33

Good morning Mick, Annie and all, from a very soggy bit of Berks. It is still raining hard and has done all night.

I am still in bed with my first cup of tea c/o DH, bless him. After all these years of marriage, he never fails.

We enjoyed watching our granddaughter's wedding ceremony, via a video link, but so sad that we couldn't actually be there.
Our daughter came to watch it with us, and took some screen shots, so it will be nice if they are any good.
Church this morning and I wonder if the doors will all still be open. It could get chilly and we will all need blankets smile.
Then we will probably do a shop, as some things need replacing. A bit more knitting in the afternoon and some TV watching. Duck for dinner tonight.
But, I could do with some of the blackberry and apple that is being mentioned please.
Ice cream, cream or custard, I'm not fussy!
To all who are poorly or not 100%, I send best wishes, especially remembering our Gillybob.
Have a good day one and all.

Jaxjacky Sun 04-Oct-20 08:28:08

Good morning Mick and all from a rainy, dull S Hants. No real plans today, will watch football this afternoon and have another look at yesterday’s crossword. Gammon will go into the slo cooker for dinner.
Bon voyage Ashcombe watch out for extra passengers at Ouistreham. Wishing everyone a gentle day.