Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Fri 09-Oct-20 06:16:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry and possibly cold outside this morning here in Brackley .
A day of small shop ,and go to the chippy later for lunch , before settling down to watch the Giro .
Its amazing sports wise this cycle tour ends and another one begins in Spain , trying to cram everything in before November and the Winter cycling programme of track and Cyclo cross all before next year .
Take Care,
Mick

Taichinan Fri 09-Oct-20 13:13:37

Oh, I forgot to mention that lovely unicorn cake, and "Kalu's* new planter. I love the little pictures that appear on here from time to time ?

Taichinan Fri 09-Oct-20 13:10:15

Just popping back in to say welcome to susieflo. And welcome too to Banksiedoll - there's going to be some fun when you and Marydoll get together! ??. A speedy recovery to Annsixty - today has been a long time coming for you.. And enjoy that tea, Grandmafrench. Thank goodness for internet shopping which has made these past months so much more bearable. Glad you're feeling better cherry and glad your leg is less painful Elizabeth - enjoy your drive out. Pitcity congratulations to your DS. He has a wonderful career ahead of him. I was a military wife of military sons, and so proud. DS2 is still serving and will be until he retires. ?

SusieFlo Fri 09-Oct-20 12:36:03

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages. It’s sunny here in Worcestershire at the moment buts lots of threatening clouds around. Have been to daughters this morning to take her ironing back. My weekly job haha. Sampled her new coffee machine. We’re going to Pembrokeshire tomorrow for a few days, will be good to get away.

CherryCezzy Fri 09-Oct-20 11:51:09

Good morning everyone from sunny Gower.

My group quiz shortly and then because it's such a lovely day I'll go out and take some snaps of the beautiful autumnal trees. First port of call being one in our own garden before all the orange and red leaves drop off!

Marydoll you've given me an idea for a small blanket box that is lurking but looking the worse for wear ?

Starting to feel more myself thank you Susan. Enjoy your time with Henry and your DGD. I hope they don't wear you out too much ?

Grandmafrench it's too late for me to change now so I'll carry on Weebling ?

Hope the op' goes well Annsixty and you return all singing and dancing ?

Welcome Susieflo ?. Don't forget to tell Urmstongran the value of your house ? (joke)

We're all thinking of you BlueSapphire and gillybob and look forward to hearing from you when you are ready ??

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

CaroleAnne Fri 09-Oct-20 11:45:58

My best wishes to Anne 60 for today. I hope that all goes according to plan and you will be more pain free and mobile soon.thanks

CaroleAnne Fri 09-Oct-20 11:43:57

MAW. So sorry to hear that you are not posting at present. I do so enjoy your posts. You have such tremendous spirit and fairness. I would like to thank you for your recommendation of Hotter Pixie boots. You made them sound so cosy and comfortable. I have just bought a pair and they are wonderful.
Looking forward to you coming back with more posts.
Keep well and safe. Carole.flowersflowers

Kalu Fri 09-Oct-20 11:20:28

All sorted MellowYellow?. Let the countdown begin. ? I would so enjoy another meet up right now. Sigh.

Urmstongran Fri 09-Oct-20 11:18:06

Best wishes from me too annsixty this day has been a long time in coming. Hope all goes well for you today and that you’re soon up and about, pain free at long last.
x

mumofmadboys Fri 09-Oct-20 11:15:52

Annsixty hope your operation all goes smoothly and you are soon back on your feet x

LauraNorder Fri 09-Oct-20 11:07:10

Very late good morning from dull, grey Anglesey. Welcome SusieFlo, hope to see you posting lots. Good luck Annsixty, hope all goes well.
I knew something had gone awry but had no idea what so this morning’s naming of three posters on the norty step has left me gobsmacked. The most mature, considered and witty posters, the mind boggles.
Wishing all a better day than yesterday.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 09-Oct-20 11:06:45

Good Morning all from dry Harrogate. I'm hoping to make a sneaky trip to Aldi this am, mask in hand or on face! Yesterday was expecting one GD but DD2 with GS turned up. Both children straight from school. GD was flat out on the settee while GS was bouncing around with his lego bricks, counting them again and again. Yesterday evening I joined my art club on zoom, have to admit my picture was so bright, sunglasses were required!

Hope everyone is as well as they can be, and those missing are soon back with us.

Marydoll Fri 09-Oct-20 10:42:54

Mellow Yellow, I did the west coast to Cornwall years ago! It also took 11 hours.
Once the Glesca grannies get organised, I will let you know. There were fourteen of us the last time.

Grandmafrench Fri 09-Oct-20 10:42:38

Georgesgran ((((((((((hug))))))))))
Never posted yesterday but Cherry I do know the Tubthumping song ? - sent it to a DGD once when she was being picked on in school (because she has a lovely singing voice). I expect, even as a Grade 1 Weeble, you still have to force yourself to keep on going...often. Keep going, girlie, and keep being you.x
Gillgran so sorry about your heavy fall. Hope you’re being extra kind to yourself - shocks like that take some getting over, it won’t happen immediately. Sad to know you’re not a Weeble!

Marydoll Fri 09-Oct-20 10:40:26

Silly people! No spraying today, it's too windy. I learned that life lesson yesterday! I always wanted a blue rinse! ?

Welcome Susieflo, you are most welcome. Good to see a new face.

I'm off for chocolate. I've just unpacked the Tesco delivery and repackaged DDs shopping. I'm exhausted and annoyed at DH who can see my every move from the golf course high above our house.
He will know it's safe to come home now. ?My work is done!!!

Borrheid, I was asking a friend about your mum, the other week, wondering if she was still here. I was always a wee bit scared of her!! You know what a wee mouse I was!! ?

MellowYellow Fri 09-Oct-20 10:36:05

Georgesgran I nearly spilled my coffee with laughing: 'Can’t decide what to do today - pick out the fluff from my belly button, or poke my eyes out with a sharp stick!!'
Kalu it's a date one day/year. Cornwall to Scotland... must be quicker than the train journey I took to the east coast once - 11 hours! ?

GrannyOwl5 Fri 09-Oct-20 10:27:51

Good morning all from a sunny north Kent
Welcome SusieFlo;I too am a comparative newbie to posting on here, but it quickly becomes a habit to join in with this gentle thread and receive news from all these lovely grans/grandads.
Off out shortly to meet up with friends for lunch; first eating out since March; hope I remember which knife and fork to use! After a rummage through my wardrobe I have found something reasonable to wear - at least I won’t frighten the horses as my old granny used to say. Hopefully I don’t look like some mad granny emerging from hibernation!
Offering my good wishes to Annsixty and those with worries or illnesses. Have a good day everyone and stay downwind of Glasgow Banksy. Stay safe.

Georgesgran Fri 09-Oct-20 10:24:55

Good morning from Durham. It’s overcast but looks promising for later.
Obviously we are in lockdown and tighter for us, as DH continues a year long course of chemotherapy. Can’t decide what to do today - pick out the fluff from my belly button, or poke my eyes out with a sharp stick!!
Not allowed to see anyone outside the household anywhere. Looks like our usual walk later, pick up the sycamore leaves from neighbour’s tree which blow into our garden, but not much else.

Hope everyone has the best day today. Stay safe. X

NannyJan53 Fri 09-Oct-20 10:19:20

A warm welcome from me too SusieFlo This is a lovely thread with lots of warmth and laughter

Grandmafrench Fri 09-Oct-20 10:16:55

Welcome to you, SusieFlo - don’t forget to add where you are and what the weather’s like. Can’t get friendlier people than on here. We’re totally Grans United! Have a good day!

SusieFlo Fri 09-Oct-20 10:09:20

Good morning. Not posted on here before, seems very friendly though. Banksy made me laugh. Thank you!

Grandmafrench Fri 09-Oct-20 10:05:32

Good Morning everyone on a very warm, but currently overcast day in S of France.

Laughed at ‘Banksydoll’ Nortsat. Of course we all know that Himself is a Bristolian. So, it’s possibly a bit of a stretch in these times for Mary to try to be everywhere (though she certainly tries grin) which leads me to think that she’s decided to open the Glasgow office for Provision of Street ‘Muriels’, as my ancient Great Aunt used to call them! (Keep off ladders and if you’re spraying at night, please wear a coat, Mary ! )

Very very quiet in the study this morning, as DH works on linking phones and tablets etc, to our new security cameras. Very clear pictures and may even allow me to locate the dogs when they magically disappear the very moment I want them indoors in super quick time.

Received a fabulous delivery of tea from Ireland yesterday. In the past we allowed no British visitors over our threshold - unless they had a box of tea for us. We always paid - it was a joke but became a tradition. We also shopped for supplies when we went to the UK. This year? Desperate times, so we order online. Mid-afternoon, DH announced that he had 1 tea bag remaining in his stash! (We drink different types). Half an hour later DHL arrived. Such planning! Such stock control! (Such luck!!! ?)

Sending all good wishes to those missing, unwell, unhappy and to those just soldiering on.
We’re all rooting for you, Ann.
What lovely things you say, Mellow......my feelings exactly about the smashing people on this thread.

Don’t forget you all promised to keep safe.

Hugs, as always, from ????

Elizabeth1 Fri 09-Oct-20 10:01:44

That’s me up and showered climbed back into cosyness to rest the offending leg must say it’s so much better today that severe pain has miraculously disappeared thank goodness for that I think I’ll nod off for a few minutes zzzzzzzzz keep well everyone and enjoy the day

gillgran Fri 09-Oct-20 09:58:24

Good Morning to you all from a bright,(ish) & dry,(for now), Cambs.,

I'm not sleeping well, (never a good sleeper), but a week ago I slipped & fell on a tiled cloakroom floor.sad.
I was shaken up, stiff the next couple of days, a bit bruised, my poor ribs are still very painful, hence the worsened sleep. (sorry to be so down & moaning).!!
I am to have my flu jab this afternoon.

Sending good wishes to you all.

grandMattie Fri 09-Oct-20 09:58:11

Thanks, Kalu, the wonky pills usually do work. Depends how bad the attack is, today it’s middling so I am up a bit but wobbly. Other tomes, I’m horizontal all day, other times I catch it early and am fine.

EllanVannin Fri 09-Oct-20 09:55:20

Good Morning All x.
Watery looking sun but at least it isn't raining, though not far away I'm sure. Slightly colder but not yet cold enough for heating during the day yet---just a couple of hours in the evening suffices.

I feel for Maw who was unfairly " dismissed " as I too had heard from her prior to her being blanked and couldn't believe the circumstances under which she'd been suspended. I hope GNHQ have second thoughts.

Anyway I think my phone's back on as I did the 1471 earlier and it answered me without the crackles and gobble-de-gook that happened a couple of days ago.
It'll be with trepidation that I'll use it for now as because I've had trouble with it there'll always be that feeling at the back of my mind that it could fizzle again.

I'd managed to fill one charity bag which was collected yesterday though there's much more to do but I thought at the time that if I start dithering in various drawers/cupboards/wardrobe I'll get nothing done as has happened so I just bit the bullet and made a start with the one bag---which weighed a ton grin It gave me the impetus to get cracking with more sorting for another collection.

Nothing special on today but I'll take a chance ringing D later. Usual cod and chips today. Take chicken out of freezer to thaw and cook tomorrow for Sunday. Freezer's full again after my trip to Asda so enough to make meals for a couple of weeks.

My two squirrel friends are now four ! Their antics are really funny---like a Tom and Jerry film, chasing each other, pinching the peanuts and fighting and the cats just look on fascinated. It's alternate entertainment to the TV grin

Hope the day goes well for everyone and for Annsixty whose original post I must have missed. Also to those who are absent for the time being including our Gilly x

Sar, that cake is beautiful--I could just go a chunk of it right now as haven't had the crumpets yet ( what a come-down )smile

Take care everyone and stay safe. xx