Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(96 Posts)
12Michael Sat 10-Oct-20 06:10:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but looking dry outside this morning In Brackley .
My plans today bus to Buckingham ,and then Bicester have a coffee ,and small shop , then bus back to Buckingham for a coffee and snack , hoping flea market is on to browse around , then wait for the bus home , watch last hour of todays stage of the Giro , then maybe a Chinese Take away later.
Mick

Lins1066 Sat 10-Oct-20 07:47:13

Happy Birthday Nortsat enjoy your day ??

kittylester Sat 10-Oct-20 07:49:13

Good morning all from an overcast North Leicestershire.

Lovely to see you back ann.

Today is our Golden Wedding Anniversary and I'm feeling a bit down that we cant have the family celebration we'd expect. Dh and I intend to buy some art for the refurbished lounge so haven't bough presents either. On a brighter note, Dd1 is calling in for breakfast on her way to a craft course.

Take care everyone.

Beauregard Sat 10-Oct-20 07:51:37

Ey up all, I'm back in Derbyshire after my adventures in Devon and Cornwall.

Yesterday, before our journey home, we visited RHS Rosemoor in Devon, which for me was one of the highlights as I love gardening. It was a bit rushed and I could have done with more time there. Whilst others were in the cafe enjoying a cup of tea I was marching around trying to see everything. Consequently we were later getting on our way and I didn't arrive home until 8.30. A long day.

Today i'm going to chill! And try to eat healthier foods, which went out of the window a bit while I was away.

grandmattie glad you're feeling better
annsixty good to see you posting so soon after your op. I'm pleased it went so well
Bellasnana flowers
Grandmafrench you'll be posting today with a good cup of tea in your hand!

Hope everyone is feeling well and has a good day today.

Sark Sat 10-Oct-20 07:53:08

Happy Birthday Nortsat cupcakeflowers

dragonfly46 Sat 10-Oct-20 07:55:48

Good morning from a so far sunny Leicestershire, although rain is forecast.

Bellasnana flowers

Happy Birthday Nortsat

Welcome fellow East Midlander Pollydolly and *Goodbye to all that.

So pleased your op went well Ann.

Picking up some boots from a local outlet this morning then coffee in the local on the way back.

maydonoz Sat 10-Oct-20 07:57:53

Good morning to one and all from a dull but dry Welwyn in Herts. It's looking like a busy day ahead, a trip to DS2 and fiancee for lunch which should be nice. I've made revani as I promised to take some cake/sweet, made it last night and am pleased with result, all the syrup has been absorbed which is good. Hopefully they'll like it.
Have a good day to all and warm wishes to those who are unwell.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 10-Oct-20 07:58:12

Good morning Mick and all

It’s bright and sunny here, no plans for today.

You must be so relieved to finally have had your operation annsixty , take care and rest.

How are the Covid warriors Urmstongran ?

Bellasnanna flowers

Thinking of all our missing friends. whether they are norty or poorly

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Beauregard Sat 10-Oct-20 07:58:35

Happy birthday Nortsat Have a lovely day flowerscupcake
Happy Golden Wedding anniversary kittylester and Mr Lester. Not quite what you'd planned, but i'm sure you'll enjoy the day wineflowers

Grandmabatty Sat 10-Oct-20 08:07:26

Good morning All from a cold Polmont. I have the usual Saturday ahead, food shopping and housework. Pantsglas I love the colour of teal. Repainting frames is a great idea. Bellasnanna ? and hugs to you. I also hope your wee dog gets better soon. Kittylester and Mrkitty happy anniversary. Such a special one too. I hope you have nice things planned for today. Nortsat happy birthday to you. Have a lovely day and enjoy your dinner. I'm hoping to get a visit from dgs and dd today which is allowed as I'm considered part of their household. I finished a cross stitch last night so I'll start a new one today. Have a good day all.

Elizabeth1 Sat 10-Oct-20 08:07:47

Good morning everyone from a very dark start to the day on the east coast of Fife and I’m not just speaking about the weather I grabbed my favourite item (the iPad) too early and got my DH mad then he got up saying I woke him angry must keep my mouth zipped up and not retaliate else it’ll be a bad start we’re off out today keeping safe of course we’re very lucky we’ve got a car and don’t need to use public transport we were both out yesterday DH had his golf me a wee lunchtime snack at the beach with my carer a really nice afternoon at home watching the funnies of celebrity apprentices making money for charity and the final of the great British Sewing Bea and before I knew it it was tea time yum yum have a good day all you lovely folks flowers

Oopsadaisy4 Sat 10-Oct-20 08:12:56

Good morning from a dry and bright Oxfordshire, not sure how warm it is though as I haven’t ventured out yet.
Flu jabs later, then some washing to do then clear the plant pots out of the way for the hedge trimmers and fencers who are due on Monday.
What an exciting weekend, not.
Love and best wishes to ann kitty congratulations on your wedding anniversary.
Missing the gang of 3 and hope they come back soon .
Have a good and safe day everybody and an extra hug to all those who need it.

Grandmabatty Sat 10-Oct-20 08:13:02

I forgot to say a big Hurray for Annsixty. I'm glad it's over and hopefully you were able to sleep a bit. Take care.

Gingster Sat 10-Oct-20 08:15:58

Good morning all from a chilly Essex. The weather was lovely yesterday until about 4 o’clock and then it teemed down again.

I was due to go on a murder mystery trip to Bournemouth in April and still haven’t had my refund. My 3 friends who I was going with, have been very patient waiting for their money. I feel responsible as I was the one who booked and paid. Like you Scentia I keep getting fobbed off. I think Ive waited long enough. They won’t deal with refunds over the phone so I have to keep e mailing. Their office is shut so I can’t even go there. Hurumph! ?

We’re meeting some friends at lunchtime outside a country pub, so hope the weather will hold out for us. ?. We have been meeting the same group for over 50 years , mainly at the same pub. The landlady is now 86 and still going strong.

Glad you had your Op ann and wish you a speedy recovery. ?

DH will go to footie later this afternoon with no. 1 son. (The highlight of his week, ) so I’ll have a peaceful afternoon. I’ll make some puds for tomorrow as we have no.2 son , and family coming for lunch. 6 of us. It’s a shame the rest of the family can’t come. Usually they love to get together and the children have a wonderful time with their cousins. But can now only see them in little groups, mustn’t complain, as others can’t see their families at all. I’m grateful!

Wishing everyone a pleasant day. ???

Gingster Sat 10-Oct-20 08:28:10

Kitty enjoy your anniversary breakfast and Nortsat have a lovely birthday. Special days and special memories. bella memories of your sister too . Happier days. ???

baubles Sat 10-Oct-20 08:32:36

Good morning Mick and everyone. I know I’m a very sporadic poster but I do want to stay in touch with Gransnet and this is a lovely thread on which to do so.

It’s a wee bit damp here in South Lanarkshire but at some point in the day I’ll take daft dog for a decent hike. She needs a bit of a run everyday.

Good wishes to all especially those struggling with sadness or illness. thanks

Oldbutstilluseful Sat 10-Oct-20 08:35:53

Good morning from N Hants where it’s cold but sunny. So good to hear from Annsixty. The wonders of the NHS. Aren’t we lucky when it works.

Happy birthday to Nortsat and congratulations on your Golden Wedding Kitty. I hope you and Mr K are planning something to look forward to when safe to do so.

I’m busy doing nothing today, so no change there.

Really hoping for news from missing posters. So much suffering out there ??

Jaxjacky Sat 10-Oct-20 08:38:36

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny S Hants. Happy Birthday Nortsat and good news Annsixty.
No real plans today, we have rain due later, off to the village to get paper and put in prescription.
Have a calming day all, especially those absent for whatever reasons.

dragonfly46 Sat 10-Oct-20 08:39:43

Happy Anniversary again kitty ???

GrannySomerset Sat 10-Oct-20 08:40:25

Sunny and cold in North Somerset where I am up early because the men to replace the utility room roof are supposed to be here. They aren’t, and I am feeling put out at getting up early for nothing. Hope, however, springs eternal........

Missing so many of our regulars who are not posting for various reasons but delighted to hear from annsixty. So pleased the op is finally behind you, ann, and recovery can begin. Hope you are going to be well looked after when you go home.

Have a good, safe day everyone.

Marydoll Sat 10-Oct-20 08:43:24

Good morning all from a cool grey Glasgow.
Welcome to all the newbies, I'm losing track.

Special best wishes to Kitty on her golden wedding anniversary. ? I'm awarding you a golden Apple from Miss Marydoll's classroom! They are rarely given out, only to the special people!? Have the best day you can in the circumstances.?
Happy birthday to Norsat!????

What a trouper, ann! I couldn't believe it when you posted last night after your op! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.?
You have encouraged me to have it done. My consultants wants to refer me and I keep saying say I'm fine! wink

Bella, it has been such a sad time for you recently, I hope life starts to improve soon.

I had a particularly bad night, woke up at 3am, feeling awful. I then realised I had lost the painkilling patch from my arm? and was having withdrawal symptoms.
This is the third time it has happened recently, so must be a bad batch.☹️

I have passed on all your good wishes to Maw, she is keeping up to date and thanks you all for your support.
I'm feeling let down by GN at the moment and everything that is going on.
I have just been pounced on another thread for reporting advertising. Without knowing me, the poster accused me of negativity! ? What on earth is happening to GN? So much unkindness in some threads. Obviously not this one or the Kitchen.
I'm ashamed to say, I'm unsure which posts are genuine anymore, but do not want to drag this thread down, by elaborating.
You won't see me posting as prolifically as normal, I'm just keeping my head down and out of trouble. sad

As for the spray painting, I need a new floor lamp, nothing wrong with the one I have, I just NEED a new one to fit in with my decor.
As I'm not really supposed to be going anywhere, I thought I would revamp the metal base of the one I have, until I'm out on parole. It's just been too windy and DH is not yet convinced!?
A question. Can you spray paint fibreglass? I have another idea! ?

Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Pittcity Sat 10-Oct-20 08:46:23

Good morning from chilly Colchester. It's dry and bright for now.
We have a family Zoom quiz this evening and DD1 and gang are coming for tea. Hope the WiFi holds up.

((((hugs))) for Bellasnana.
Glad all went well for Annsixty.
Happy birthday Nortsat.
Happy Golden Wedding anniversary kitty and Mr Lester.

Gelisajams Sat 10-Oct-20 08:49:16

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it’s been a very wet night. Heavy rain woke me several times but I have only just woken up to find a cup of cold tea at the side of my bed. I don’t know how long DH has been up. Any moment my phone should ring. It will be my friend in Somerset.
May go off to a local RSPB site today where we may hopefully see some bearded tits. They encourage them by leaving them grit trays which they need in winter. (Grit that is not the tray)
Takes care and stay safe everyone ?

MellowYellow Sat 10-Oct-20 08:49:36

Morning from a bright cold south Cornwall. Well done Ann! They'll have you doing stairs in no time. ? Well, the table is laid with unicorn plates and cups and the balloons are up for my granddaughter's 5th birthday party. Roll on 3 o'clock when the little group arrives! The best of everything to you all, even where there's sadness. thanks

NannyJan53 Sat 10-Oct-20 08:52:51

Good Morning from a bright Black Country, with ominous dark clouds on the horizon.

Recorded the short video clip for Nieces birthday, after about 12 takes, as I either kept laughing or my eyes were closed!

My friend in Lincs didn't make the video call. I had a feeling something was 'up' and it seems she has some worrying news. I just wish I lived closer.

Happy Birthday Norstat cupcake

Many congratulations Mr & Mrs Kitty I too hope you can have a big celebration with family and friends in the future. flowers wine

So pleased you finally had your operation Ann I hope you make a quick recovery and will be home soon.

Welcome to new postersPollyDolly and Goodbyetoallthat

Special thoughts of our missing posters

Anniebach Sat 10-Oct-20 08:55:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x