Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(96 Posts)
12Michael Sat 10-Oct-20 06:10:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but looking dry outside this morning In Brackley .
My plans today bus to Buckingham ,and then Bicester have a coffee ,and small shop , then bus back to Buckingham for a coffee and snack , hoping flea market is on to browse around , then wait for the bus home , watch last hour of todays stage of the Giro , then maybe a Chinese Take away later.
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Sat 10-Oct-20 11:14:09

Back again ? I have been keeping a diary since my first day of isolating, although I venture out now I was amazed to see that it's been 200 days of this Covid nightmare!!!

mancgirl Sat 10-Oct-20 11:15:46

Good morning all from Manchester. Bit late this morning, it's taken ages to read all the lovely posts. Must plant some bulbs today or they will be here same time next year! I only read the the threads that come on the daily email so haven't come across too many nasty postings as I don't know which threads they are on. The good morning thread is like a chat with old friends. Had a lovely pub lunch with Mr M yesterday. They try so hard it will be sad if they lose their business. Keep safe everyone. Hugs for those who need one and flowersfor those with extra cares and worries.

Borrheid55 Sat 10-Oct-20 11:30:02

Good morning All from a bright but windy Kent! Got woken up at 08:00 by DH coming home from work. The paperman arrived at the same time so there were voices. Went back to sleep and woke at 10:00 with a Spitfire overhead. We get them a lot over Ashford, on their way to the Battle of Britain memorial at Capel-le-Ferne and back to Biggin Hill. I often wonder what it must have been like with hundreds of them going over during wartime.
Nothing planned for today, DH has gone for a sleep but will wake in time for the Grand Prix qualifying sessions. I will —attempt— do the Times Jumbo xword !
Have a good day and stay safe

Beechnut Sat 10-Oct-20 11:31:32

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Nortsat ???

Beechnut Sat 10-Oct-20 11:34:14

Happy Golden Anniversary kittylester. I hope you and MrL have a wonderful day ??

Nannytopsy Sat 10-Oct-20 11:36:45

A very happy golden wedding anniversary to the Lesters.
I have met Kitty and can't compare her to the old woman my Nan was on her GWA and she was only 68. How times have changed.

Grammaretto Sat 10-Oct-20 11:41:41

I forgot to add my good wishes to the redoubtable Annsixty for her continued speedy recovery.

and calming thoughts for Marydoll who has enough on her plate to be going on with without being slammed on "here" for being correct!

I have been following Beauregard's Cornish adventure. It has brought back happy memories.

Kalu Sat 10-Oct-20 11:44:07

GrannyGravy, I have been kicking myself that I didn’t start a diary at the beginning of all this. 200 days and counting and hoping your last entry will soon be we have discovered a vaccine.

EllanVannin Sat 10-Oct-20 11:52:32

Hope your day is full of fond memories on your 50th Wedding Anniversary, Mr and Mrs Kitty. xx flowerswine[wine.

Sending best wishes to Annsixty. x flowers

LauraNorder Sat 10-Oct-20 12:06:48

Good morning Mick and all from windy Anglesey, it’s blowing a hoolie.
Congratulations Annsixty, so glad the op has gone well wine
Happy birthday Nortsat cupcake
Happy golden wedding anniversary the Kittylesters wine
Sad day for you Bellasnonna thanks, sisters are very special.
Welcome Pollydolly and Goodbyetoallthat smile.
Glad the Covid Warriors continue to improve Urm, I’m sure the gift will cheer them on.
I note I’m not the only one who often comes late but still think it’s worth posting to wish each other well.
Marydoll you have done the right thing. Please don’t post less because of a few souls who over react. Bad things happen when good people do nothing.
Perhaps when a thread gets a bit heavy the good people can change the subject and chat about flowers, stars or even train timetables which would be appropriate if derailment occurs. Just a thought.
Wishing a happier day than yesterday to all.

LauraNorder Sat 10-Oct-20 12:08:35

Oops it was morning when I said good morning but afternoon by the time I posted, long winded or what.

CherryCezzy Sat 10-Oct-20 12:13:44

Good afternoon everyone. It's been a strange morning here in the Gower, I won't bore you with. Sorry haven't been able to read everyone's posts.

? Happy Birthday to you, happy Birthday Nortsat? I hope you have a lovely birthday ? ? ? ?

Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary Mrs & Mr Kitty. 50 years of treasured memories to share today ?? ?

Hope all GN's are having a good day, sending healing vibes to any one of you facing trials and tribulations of any kind ?

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Auntieflo Sat 10-Oct-20 12:15:21

Oh goodness me. Good afternoon Mick, *Annie and all.

Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs KittyLester.

Happy birthday to all those I have probably missed, and congratulations to Annsixty on having a new hip.

Marydoll, can't believe that someone has upset you.

I have been busy doing nothing and the time has gone! so sat down for a coffee and discovered that it was later than I thought.

As someone upthread has mentioned, I add my best wishes to the missing three, and hope they manage to return soon. ?

May go out and look for a coat in a minute. But where to look?

To all who are poorly, missing or just fed up, flowers

Have a good weekend one and all.

Newquay Sat 10-Oct-20 12:31:08

Good afternoon from a lurker.
Had a restless night-again-then fell into a good sleep about 7am so was late getting up!
I have always had magnificent dreams and am definitely having more at the moment-they can be very entertaining!
Happy Golden Wedding to the Lesters-ours was in April. DH put up a huge poster in front window and we “held court” in the front garden. Great fun but not the family meal and holiday we had planned!
Oh Bellasnana, how sad. My only sister and I who have always been very close are now separated. Her son said some awful things about something we said over 20 years ago. He then went and upset my sister. I thought she’d had a breakdown. He refuses to speak to any of us now. Dear, dear sister wants us to just carry on as usual and “not mention the war” but it upsets me so much. Am so aware that time is short but don’t know what to do so doubly sad for you Bellasnana today. ?
Gwenisgreat in Harrogate-our DD2 lives there too. We saw them in January the again last weekend. FT is brilliant but not the same is it?

Grandmafrench Sat 10-Oct-20 12:36:47

Good afternoon and ? Happy Birthday , Nortsat. Carry on being a happy couple and many Congrats to The Lovely Lesters.
Hold tight to lovely memories today Bella , and Ann - your new life Day 1., so be hopeful but patient and kind to yourself...you’ve been through such a lot. Happy weekend, folks. Hugs ????

dragonfly46 Sat 10-Oct-20 12:46:03

Welcome Newquay - sad to hear about your dear sister but please try and maintain contact. I have no brothers or sisters and would love to have them.

Mary don't you dare to stop posting. You keep us all going - just ignore the ignoramuses!

Maw if you are reading this you are must missed with your measured and intelligent posts.

Pantglas2 Sat 10-Oct-20 12:59:45

Just popping back to wish Nortsat a happy birthday and the Kittylesters best wishes on their golden anniversary- ??for all!

And lovely to hear that Annsixty is recovering after her long overdue hip op ?

Welcome to our newbies and lurkers- this IS the bestest thread.... we are all quite lovely ?

Feelingmyage55 Sat 10-Oct-20 13:04:00

Good morning/afternoon. Wasn’t well last night so am still in bed. Might get up for the tennis. It is cold, damp and grey here. My neighbour has kindly delivered chicken soup ?.
I looked in and am delighted annsixty to see you posting already. Wonderful. Happy birthday nortsat and happy anniversary kittylesters.
newquay. Why not send your sister flowers “with love from ..” there is a company whose flowers go through a letterbox.
bellasnonna. Have a gentle day and concentrate on the happy/funny memories.

LauraNorder Sat 10-Oct-20 13:44:55

Pantglas lovely colour sofa covers.

hulahoop Sat 10-Oct-20 15:35:50

I know I am very late but wanted to wish kittylester a very happy golden wedding ?best wishes to all having birthdays ?had flu jab yesterday no problems so far ..stay safe everyone whatever you up to .