Gransnet forums

Chat

What are your plans for Christmas?

(157 Posts)
Kandinsky Sun 11-Oct-20 17:31:46

It’s going to be very strange this year isn’t it.
I normally have all the children ( & their partners) over, but that won’t be happening now as there’s about 12 of us!
I love Christmas, but actually dreading this one.
How about you?

M0nica Wed 14-Oct-20 09:12:50

Chewbacca We are 'fortunate' DS and family were due to spend Christmas at home this year anyway and DD is part of our bubble as she lives alone, so she will be with us. So three of us will get to the panto.

lemongrove Wed 14-Oct-20 09:41:54

GrannyGravy13

suziewoozie I booked my flu jab as soon as I received the email from Boots.

I do think having five children and a business that I have always had to be organised otherwise it would have been a continuous game of catch up.

GG13 I take my trendy feathered hat off to you!?

lemongrove Wed 14-Oct-20 09:53:57

GagaJo

If I ge the to see my grandson I'll be happy. But I have a nasty feeling I'm going to be stuck, overseas, at work.

That would be very bad luck if it happened that way Gaga
And very sad for both you and your DGS.
Hopefully you will be able to be with him here in the UK and have an enjoyable time.?

B9exchange Wed 14-Oct-20 10:23:45

Trying to get members of the family to commit themselves before the beginning of December is hopeless with my lot, and this year is no different. Will probably have one lot to stay and others visiting on separate days. Does a heavily pregnant mum count as one or two, what happens if the baby arrives in the middle??? ??

Maggiemaybe Wed 14-Oct-20 10:52:49

This might resonate with some of us.

Lucca Wed 14-Oct-20 16:31:11

B9exchange

Trying to get members of the family to commit themselves before the beginning of December is hopeless with my lot, and this year is no different. Will probably have one lot to stay and others visiting on separate days. Does a heavily pregnant mum count as one or two, what happens if the baby arrives in the middle??? ??

Good for them