Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(89 Posts)
12Michael Mon 12-Oct-20 06:15:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day for me today , some housework and laundry .
Otherwise stay in watch TV no cycling on today though .
Its mince pies vs Pumpkins in supermarket land .
Take Care,
Mick

Stilllearning Mon 12-Oct-20 17:37:42

Thank you very much Kalu, I’ll pass info and tip re tarpaulin on, and perhaps in time report back on her success. Very kind of you to take the time ??

Callistemon Mon 12-Oct-20 15:01:02

It's my latest ear worm!

EllanVannin Mon 12-Oct-20 14:56:45

I was probably subconsciously thinking of him when I said sunshiney Callistemon. smile

Callistemon Mon 12-Oct-20 14:35:56

Heavy skies today after yesterdays sunshiney day

EllanVannin and anyone else who may be interested, that reminded me that Johnny Nash died last week; you may all remember him for this song:

I can see clearly now, the rain has gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shining day

RIP Johnny and I hope that song might give us some optimism for the future.

Kalu Mon 12-Oct-20 14:17:01

Forgot to mention your name Stilllearning. ??‍♀️?

Kalu Mon 12-Oct-20 14:15:54

The name of the paints I use are Rustoleum which I buy in B&Q or Amazon. All surface cover/Multi surface cover. A huge choice of colours/finishes to choose from. Her are two which I have been using this week. Hope you friend has success with her chairs? A large tarpaulin on the grass on a calm day are the best conditions for spraying.

LauraNorder Mon 12-Oct-20 13:53:01

Good afternoon Mick and all. sorry to be so late. Lots of phone calls this morning from friends, like buses, all at once. Not complaining as I’ve had a merry morning.
Lovely to see you at home Annsixty, hope you’ll be running about very soon.
Poor Scentia must be horrid, put your feet up and rest, plenty of vitamin C I’m told.
Thanks Rufus for the clue to number 4. Hope I haven’t put three and one together and made 5. Anyway hope all are back soon.
Happy thoughts to all my virtual chums. Until tomorrow.

Borrheid55 Mon 12-Oct-20 13:39:13

Thank you ? EllanVannin

EllanVannin Mon 12-Oct-20 13:35:29

Borrheid, so brave of you to write what you did x flowers

GrannySomerset Mon 12-Oct-20 13:26:42

ann - my knee surgeon told me to take the pain killers and do the exercises as the sooner normal movement could be achieved the better the long term recovery. So glad you are home and hope all goes well.

Rufus2 Mon 12-Oct-20 13:20:05

what did Grandad do, or say
Megs Nothing apparently! hmm
Number 4 isn't me either as I'm usually No.1 in the Sin Bin! grin
Yes! One and the same, or should that be two of the same, even maybe more!
Look out for "backagainandbackagain.!"
Nuff said; my lips have been sealed! grin
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

MellowYellow Mon 12-Oct-20 13:12:02

Welcome home annsixty, so glad it's gone well!

SusieFlo Mon 12-Oct-20 13:02:12

Good that you’ve had your op. and home again. Take care.

Stilllearning Mon 12-Oct-20 13:00:05

Kalu would you mind repeating the name of the spray paint that you use? I was telling a friend who is renovating some chairs about it, but typically couldn’t remember the mane?

Taichinan Mon 12-Oct-20 12:38:39

Annsixty welcome home! I hope your recovery is a steady forward path - and it will be if you're good! Scentia I do commiserate with you. I hate those cold sores but I've only ever had one at a time. I believe the germ (?) that causes them remains with you, but dormant, until you become run down and depleted in some way. So rest up with that cold and take care of yourself. ?

Megs36 Mon 12-Oct-20 12:38:23

Rufus Dunno, what did Grandad do, or say.
Another mystery are MawandMaw B2, the same person and. Has she been away somewhere?☕️☕️☕️☕️

Marydoll Mon 12-Oct-20 12:29:06

Sorry you are wrong in your assumption, Rufus
Grandad is not included in that group! .

Anyway, for reasons of confidentiality, the four cannot be named.
GN would understandably delete the post.
It's not fair to our missing friends to name them.

Rufus2 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:53:37

who or what are the Doghouse 4?
Megs Ask not for whom the bell tolls! grin
At a wild guess I'd say No4 is Grandad 1945 and I hope he had a pack of cards in his back pocket!
Good Health
OoRoo

Grandmabatty Mon 12-Oct-20 11:49:41

Gwenisgreat he was unimpressed! Too busy racing around with cars. I suppose at 20 months that's par for the course. However he did sit at it for his breakfast and stayed til he had eaten enough so that's a win.

Callistemon Mon 12-Oct-20 11:39:17

Staying!

Callistemon Mon 12-Oct-20 11:38:54

and doing as I am told. ?

I'm glad you're home safe and sound annsixty
Well, nearly sound - as long as you obey orders!

I remember when I had DC1, I was put into a single room because I was short stay and the other new mums and babies were stating for a week on a ward. I could hear all the fun and was missing it.

Millie22 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:32:32

Hello everyone x
Just looked in to say to NanKate and Bellasnana wasn't that fabulous yesterday when Rafa won. So happy for him.

Kalu Mon 12-Oct-20 11:25:16

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow. Bed stripping day but I will wash tomorrow and hang it out as we are promised a sunny?

Pleased to hear your lamp was a success Marydoll and you are spurred on to greater things?. I have transformed so many things over the years. The first was an old Lloyd Loom chair given to me from Granny, we were both delighted with the result that she jokingly suggested she wouldn’t mind having it back. ?

I was looking through Liberty’s website last night Urm. DH bought me three small enamel vases joined together, ideal for small cuttings of various flowers. I now have a £10 voucher he received recently?. We had a Liberty store in Glasgow years ago which I always visited when in town, sadly long gone.

DD1 and the girls arrived late afternoon yesterday with a bag of marshmallows, we lit the fire pit which was a great idea to buy, kept us warm as we heard all their news and toasted the marshmallows.
I am plagued with cold sores too Scentia not so much on my lips now but the side of my nostrils whenever I have a cold. I use Bio Propolis which I have found works much better for me than Zovirax. I really feel for you having six on your lips, that’s pretty unbearable. Try to get some rest whenever you can. Take care or yourself ?

Hello to our very much missed prisoners. I miss hearing news of Hattie Maw and hope she is doing a good job of keeping you company during your incarceration. Illégitimi non Carborundum to the Doghouse 4.

Have a pleasant day all and I hope things are looking up to our friends with worries and difficult times.

grannylyn65 Mon 12-Oct-20 11:24:19

I want sausage mash now and have run out of onions ☹️

annsixty Mon 12-Oct-20 11:20:57

Good morning all.
Yes I am safely home, it is lovely.
My stay was very short but good.
I was in a private hospital under the NHS and really nothing was too much trouble.
Food was good although I had very little appetite and staff were excellent.
Didn’t really like a private room though, I am very gregarious and missed the banter with other patients.

Now comes the hard part, getting back to movement without pain and doing as I am told.