Gransnet forums

Chat

Helpful tips

(82 Posts)
Sallywally1 Tue 13-Oct-20 09:37:18

What small, relatively minor change have you made recently which has made your life smoother?

For me it is taking a picture of post office receipts as I am always losing them. I do a lot of internet shopping and if I need to chase up a return they always want proof of posting. I write what the item was on it of course.

Anyone else?

magshard20 Thu 15-Oct-20 10:40:30

Welbeck, you can still get those little money bags, even if you are not near to a bank (is anybody these days?), just call in at any post office, they have them, seeing as I have to use my local post office now to do my banking, I ask for a few each time I go in......they are not as generous as banks at handing out!!

Markoni40 Thu 15-Oct-20 11:42:53

Auntieflo

Some great tips here.
We also use a phone or IPad to take pictures of the serial numbers on the back of things like the TV. I shall now use it to take pics of receipts
I used to have an address book, and write book titles, alphabetically.

There is and I was so happy when I discovered it.
It is www.goodreads.com/
Saved me from buying books I already read many times

welbeck Sun 18-Oct-20 23:30:52

thank you Magshard. i hadn't thought of trying PO, but they seem fiercer now that they are all privatised.

gmarie Mon 19-Oct-20 00:31:59

Today, I wanted to drive to a mail box but found my car dead for the third time since April. I posted a note to myself to clip the portable charger on my car battery every few weeks so it doesn't keep on draining.

welbeck Tue 20-Oct-20 02:56:23

can't you just take it out for run on the open road every now and again.
maybe the battery needs changing if it is so unreliable.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 23-Oct-20 11:45:31

I go out in the car once a week gmarie for about 45 minutes on a round trip just to keep the battery topped up which is helpful. Could you do the same? I don't go on this little jaunt if it's wet as the lights and the wipers are a further drain on the battery. So far, so good, fingers crossed.