Gransnet forums

Chat

Let’s have a “shout out “. Just 1 sentence must be positive ?

(135 Posts)
Missfoodlove Thu 15-Oct-20 18:58:01

I will start with.....

DIL to be lost 9kg!???

grannyrebel7 Sun 18-Oct-20 18:17:13

We're alive!

FlyingHxndbag Sun 18-Oct-20 18:56:06

Kalu, I don't think you would know as nobody has ever heard of where I live and this village is even less well known. X

NotAGran55 Sun 18-Oct-20 19:06:33

I took an alpaca ? for a walk 3 weeks ago . They came running up as we arrived saying ‘Pick me pick me’ smile

Kalu Sun 18-Oct-20 19:28:21

I mean no disrespect Flying. I was born and raised in Glasgow so know the city and surrounding areas well plus my DD and her friends tell me about good places our GDs would enjoy visiting. As you have mentioned on GN you live outside Glasgow, the Alpaca Farm you mention is specific to me.

I apologise if I have upset you in any way. X

Callistemon Sun 18-Oct-20 19:48:06

Lisagran

That sounds fun, FlyingHxndbag smile. One of my daughter went llama / alpaca trekking last year as someone gave her a voucher for it. She really enjoyed it!

Do you ride them or walk with them, Lisagran?
Do you know, FlyingH?

I know llamas are bigger than alpacas so I'm not sure.
Llamas can be a bit fierce, don't they sometimes keep them with sheep to frighten predators away?

And I know alpacas can be sheared for their soft fleeces- can llamas too?

Anyway, shout out
I repotted some plants today and made some scones, successfully, first time ever!
What an exciting life I lead.

Callistemon Sun 18-Oct-20 19:49:10

NotaGran they have such lovely faces, don't they.

Chewbacca Sun 18-Oct-20 20:06:03

Not been very keen on alpacas or llamas, since I saw 4 of them run up the field and spit at the people standing admiring them. Must have been at least 8 feet away and the amount of spit was astonishing. Best take a kagoul with you Flying.

FlyingHxndbag Sun 18-Oct-20 20:07:22

Kalu, I'm not offended at all, I was just confused, it's my mistake. I don't know where the alpacas are as all my uncle said was a nearby village but I think I can guess which village he means as there is quite a lot of farms in a particular village. I left out a bit in my post. I meant to say that the village I suspect he means isn't well known at all. I typed it in a rush, I'm sorry for any confusion. Would you like to PM me what village you think it is? X

FlyingHxndbag Sun 18-Oct-20 20:08:25

Callistemon, I think you take them for a walk and feed them. X

vampirequeen Sun 18-Oct-20 20:09:57

Still not had to put the central heating on.

Marydoll Sun 18-Oct-20 20:14:20

vampirequeen

Still not had to put the central heating on.

Lucky you. Ours has been on for days!!?

On the other hand DD says their neighbours below, have the heating so high, it is 24 degrees in their flat and they don't need theirs on! Now that's a positive!

Aldom Sun 18-Oct-20 20:17:09

Enjoy the Alpaca farm FH. Alpacas are much nicer than llamas. I was a bit confused about the village, but understand now, since your last post.

Lisagran Sun 18-Oct-20 20:23:06

I confess, Callistemon, that I though you rode on them! When you ‘trek’ you walk alongside them. Daughter didn’t really fancy it - she was given a voucher - but actually loved it!

Kalu Sun 18-Oct-20 20:27:12

Goodness no Flying I would hate to be responsible for spoiling your surprise although I do know which one it is?You will have a lovely time there though?

kittylester Sun 18-Oct-20 20:35:30

My friend's daughter keeps llamas (or alpacas!) My friend would rather she had children.

Marydoll Sun 18-Oct-20 20:36:49

kittylester

My friend's daughter keeps llamas (or alpacas!) My friend would rather she had children.

Kitty, but she may get children who spit, so she wouldn't be any better off!!! wink

Lisagran Sun 18-Oct-20 20:38:01

I hope you have a great time, FlyingHxndbag. Look forward to the photos!

Marydoll Sun 18-Oct-20 20:39:51

I have just treated myself to a fire pit, as I think it will be a cold winter....in the garden with my family! I'm trying to be positive! wink

FlyingHxndbag Sun 18-Oct-20 20:42:13

Thanks all. X
flowersflowersflowers

Lisagran Sun 18-Oct-20 20:44:28

Ooh, enjoy the fire pit, Marydoll, I love ours!

Had a lovely day today - Flea market first thing, then an antiques market later - my idea of heaven smile

Marydoll Sun 18-Oct-20 20:53:05

We have a copper one, but used it to make a solar fountain.
We were accusing my wee DGD of emptying it, as it was always empty, until we discovered it had tiny pin prick holes in it! It now houses bedding plants! grin

Justwidowed Sun 18-Oct-20 21:00:58

Had a long video call with my sister,makes a difference actually seeing her instead of just speaking .,thank God for WhatsApp.

cornergran Sun 18-Oct-20 21:09:56

My tooth stopped hurting. smile.

Callistemon Sun 18-Oct-20 23:06:39

kittylester

My friend had alpacas, I think I posted previously that she found them a bit much to handle when she got to 90!
I think llamas are the spitters, Chewbacca.

The scones were nice.
My rhodendron (mentioned a while ago on another thread) is looking better, much greener.
I am always wary of speaking too soon.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 19-Oct-20 06:17:21

My vegetable trugs we bought late summer have been so successful so far I am really impressed with them.