Gransnet forums

Chat

Fantastically accurate descriptions

(83 Posts)
vampirequeen Thu 22-Oct-20 15:50:56

I was idly listening into a conversation between two ladies in a bakery today as one was making my sandwiches. They were discussing jobs they'd had. One talked about when she'd worked in a butchers department and how confusing it was when:

"all the old ladies with their cauliflower hair and straight blue anoraks"

came into the shop at the same time as she would mix them up and give the wrong order to the wrong lady because they all looked the same. Those few words painted such an image in my mind that any professional author or poet would have been proud of them
grin

MissAdventure Fri 23-Oct-20 23:03:33

I could listen to Billy Connolly all day.
He has such a lovely way of telling his tales.

dawntreader1 Sat 24-Oct-20 00:10:38

What does it matter how people choose to wear their hair as long as they are happy with it. I am NOT happy about the use of any of these derogatory terms.

mokryna Sat 24-Oct-20 00:43:53

I am not happy with my hair, it is thin and short styles do not suit. What do you called that patch (not bald -yet) at the top head which everyone can see when you are sitting down?

Jillybird Sat 24-Oct-20 08:29:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Grannyguitar Sat 24-Oct-20 08:33:54

Yes, my greengrocer always calls them 'cauliflower heads'!

Lucca Sat 24-Oct-20 10:16:20

dawntreader1

What does it matter how people choose to wear their hair as long as they are happy with it. I am NOT happy about the use of any of these derogatory terms.

With the greatest possible respect dawn, lighten up!!

Tweedle24 Sat 24-Oct-20 23:37:47

Lucca. I have a short, graduated bob, but, bobs were mentioned as unsuitable, along with cauliflower cuts. I did ask tongue in cheek.