Gransnet forums

Chat

Those hats with the big pom poms

(170 Posts)
EthelTheTank Fri 23-Oct-20 23:06:42

I love them so much I actually have 3 of them. DH asked what I'd like for Christmas and I said I'd maybe like one in navy. He then tells me he actually doesn't like my big pom pom wooly hats and said they are made for people in their teens. What do you think?

Borrheid55 Sun 25-Oct-20 19:58:44

I love hats! We (*Marydoll*) had school hats, I think thats why. I have tweed hats, just bought a Perth felt hat , a panama for summer and ... pompom hats! A friend gave me one last Christmas with foxes on it ( I’m Mrs Fox) and i have a plain navy one. Whatever the weather, I can wear a hat!

Marydoll Sun 25-Oct-20 20:11:47

Borrheid, I hated that hat. I had a big head and it looked ridiculous on me!
I once threw it up in the air and it landed on the gym hall roof! I was terrified what the nuns would say!

Shizam Sun 25-Oct-20 20:22:16

I’m a proud pom-pom hat-wearer. Cheerful and stops hood of coat going into my face. Functional and fun!

NannyMags Sun 25-Oct-20 21:15:51

I bought a beautiful blue one this weekend and I love it and wore it out today.

DanniRae Mon 26-Oct-20 07:24:36

I have a grey knitted beret type hat with a small pompom on it. I call it my "Railway Children" hat - because one of the children wears a similar one in the film. grin

PECS Mon 26-Oct-20 08:37:21

The hats became popular a few years ago and lots of children, teens & young women wore them. I cannot wear that style so , though I liked them on other people, was not tempted for me. Of you like them, suit tgem and enjoy wearing then ...no problem!

Willow73 Mon 26-Oct-20 08:42:38

Is there something he wears that you don't like? If so then tell him and I bet he'll still wear it, so why shouldn't you wear your hats after all you need to keep warm and to be honest there is not much other choice of hats in the shops.

EthelTheTank Mon 26-Oct-20 10:21:32

Yes Willow I'm not so keen on his bow tie collection but I don't have the heart to tell him because he loves those bow ties more than our dog.

FarNorth Mon 26-Oct-20 11:22:05

Your dog lovers bow ties?

Maybe a hat with a bow tie around it would meet with their approval?

FarNorth Mon 26-Oct-20 11:22:37

*loves

DanniRae Mon 26-Oct-20 11:54:49

EthelTheTank

Yes Willow I'm not so keen on his bow tie collection but I don't have the heart to tell him because he loves those bow ties more than our dog.

That is shocking! I hope you love your bobble hats more than you love him! shock

Lucy127 Mon 26-Oct-20 17:07:28

I have a cosy cream bobble hat.
Actually it’s dual purpose. When not being worn it’s a very effective tea cosy!
If you like your bobble hats that’s great.
To yourself be true.
Don’t let people spoil your pleasure.
Good luck and enjoy!

EthelTheTank Mon 26-Oct-20 23:36:01

Don't worry I love my dog Craig more than I love my hats grin

MissAdventure Tue 27-Oct-20 00:32:31

Next time you and Craig are out, if you see anyone in a bubble hat, say helloo!
It may well be another gransnetter. smile
This has been a lovely cheery thread. Thank you.

MissAdventure Tue 27-Oct-20 00:37:33

Oooh. Bobble!

EthelTheTank Tue 27-Oct-20 11:13:54

Thank you MissAdventure I'll definitely say hello to people when I'm out with Craig.

lemongrove Tue 27-Oct-20 11:17:46

Llamedos13

Here it is Lemongrove, I must say the hat looks so lonely without it’s huge fluffy Pom Pom on top

Adorable! I would just sit with it in the palm of my hand (like a hamster to cuddle.)

glammanana Tue 27-Oct-20 11:25:27

This thread has made me go and find my 2 x pom pom hats I had forgotten all about them,one is cream arran and the other black with a sparkly pom pom.

EthelTheTank Tue 27-Oct-20 17:27:20

Ooh the sparkly pom pom sounds lovely